Photo

WHY NOT an auction and A mail features in game?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LalunaLlora

LalunaLlora

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:47

Hello evrybody,

I'm pretty new in this game but as much as i have played  it ,i was stroken by the complexity and atractivity  of the game.

After many and many of MMPORGs rolled during the time i was pretty bored but Eldevin caught me.

Altough i'm missing painfully 2 great features:MAIL and AUCTION.

With these 2 i guess that economy in game will improve very much and will attract many other players.

What do u say?

#2 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:11

This is something that's been debated and there's been a poll on it numerous times. It's something the developers are going to consider once they've finished all the content updates (Level 45 and 50 content). They may even be working on it right now, but it's probably not a priority to them. However, i'd love to see an auction house or play-run shops, and even a mail system would be fun to trade with your friends when they're offline. 

Hopefully the developers read this and realise some form of auction house, play-run shop is necessary in the game's progression.

Edited by Crusader, 02 March 2014 - 11:13.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#3 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 13:28

Actually, if you keep up with the forums this is a very high priority.  Mail is top priority, AH (or some type of market) is just a bit below guilds (maybe not how I would prioritize, but close enough :) )

They are actively developing these features.  As HCS has said many times, the content team and the technical team are separate.  The content team is working on new content, this has nothing to do with and no impact on the technical development of these new features.

But these present new challenges.  It's the first in-game features that require realtime cross-server coordination.  They must be incredibly secure, above and beyond most other features.  Full featured enough to satisfy but without bloating the game.

In summary, we will see these features, and they are a priority.  But given the complexity only HCS could venture a 'when', and at best it would be approximate.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#4 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 17:49

Keeping level 40 players grinding levels to 50 is obviously their priority, more so than basic, fundamental features like selling items without spamming world chat.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#5 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 18:16

Keeping level 40 players grinding levels to 50 is obviously their priority, more so than basic, fundamental features like selling items without spamming world chat.

That was never really basic dude, your idea can still get across by texting what you have for sale lol.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#6 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 18:17

Harder than you think. Google this: "Neverwinter MMO Devs Forced to Roll Game Back After Auction House Exploit Derailed Economy". Also Google: "World of Warcraft auction house hacks confirmed, Blizzard issues security warning". An auction house is not a simple piece of code. Not only does it have complex functionality, but it also has to have very high security AND work across multiple servers.

Edited by Praetor, 02 March 2014 - 18:21.

#7 Geoh

Geoh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 20:51

Here it is. Had a hard time finding (searching) for it.

http://forums.hunted...559#entry845717

Mail System

This is coming on the horizon and will be done soon. Its mainly needed because it links in to guilds and Auction House (so we can send you items/currency when offline) and basically it blocks those two features among also allowing players to send other players stuff (or just a message) even though they're offline, and so on, but overall an important feature to add.

#8 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 22:52

Half the mail system is done. Its just not available to you yet. By half I mean you receiving mail and well the structure of it all and rules, attachments, etc. The other half is you sending to other players real time. So its getting there and yes, its very difficult technically because it has to work cross server but... I think its looking good and the system opens up for making cross server guilds and auction house, etc. However, I have to fit hardware rendering between some of it... lots to do.

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: