Photo

25% Rule for Guilds in Arena

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: 25% Arena Rule (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the 25% Arena Rule Be Removed

1. Yes (Why) (19 votes [73.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.08%

2. No (Why) (7 votes [26.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 20:47

For those that are unaware there is a rule in arena that each arena can not have more than 25% from the same guild.

Arena is a solo activity... Arena folks keep their secrets to themselves otherwise the arena would be pointless. Arena has a very small pool of people and they happen to be from the same few guilds. If you notice the 16 player arena do not start because of this and sometimes even the 8 players even in various ranges. Arena is slow most people used to find fun in arena because of the fast pace ever changing environment. I'm looking to get this rule entirely removed because i simply don't understand it's purpose other than to slow down arena. Maybe to inhibit multis but then again if people have clones they can easily move them out of guild.

Please chime in with your likes and gripes.

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 January 2019 - 20:56.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2019 - 20:59

25% is to prevent collusion and abuse - as such, I, for one, think it should remain ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 21:01

25% is to prevent collusion and abuse - as such, I, for one, think it should remain ..

That doesn't make any sense to me personally. I can easily go to my friends outside of my guild no problem. If i wanted to gold sink just for a better chance to maybe win the arena. I have a better chance to win arena "not colluding" and paying my dues once not 8-16 times. Also now arena is randomized so your join position isn't where your matched up. So you cannot sneak a friend to join last when you join 2nd last to get a free round. Although even if it was like stated i can easily go to a friend outside my guild :). This is an old outdated rule that was implemented for god knows what reason. Waiting days for certain arenas to start needs to stop. This is one inhibitor that does not need to remain gimping game play for no reason. Absolutely nothing stopping me in the rules from mass messaging 24/7 saying paying an additional 10k to join arenas naked. That would be major collusion and WAY more effective.

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 January 2019 - 21:07.

#4 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 21:38

I find it very interesting that my ability to play a game is limited by design. If I want to play a part of it why should my game activity be limited?
Collusion seriously? Spend 12 k to get 10 k back for a 10 k gold arena the cost have always outweighed the "benefits".
Secondly How can you control who enters Arenas Some are joined by 1 or 2 within minutes of the arena spawning, if their setups and moves are  right they win making your "collusion" pointless.
As hard as it may be to believe there are still players looking for new Arenas every 15 minutes if by some miracle one or two have been run and won.

Edited by Filletminion, 15 January 2019 - 21:40.

#5 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 January 2019 - 22:29

tbh there should be a 3rd option ,people who dont care 

myself think removing it would change whole aspect of arenas ,just think what would happen if 8 people from one guild just sat there and entered every 8 person arena over a 24 hr period ,you can just think what would happen .

but like i said i dont really care about arenas cause they just annoy me ,i usually enter them just to fill in the last player so they will start ,maybe you should be thanking me for doing this .but hey all is good with the world isnt it ,The arena needs fixing ,the world is in drought ,millions starving in africa ,and trump is in the white house ?????????

5aZzW0p.png,

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 22:42

In the arena everyone is an individual everyone is an enemy ask my guild. No mercy in arena it's a solo aspect :).

#7 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 22:43

A fair point. But it just doesn't happen. And isn't financially viable to do and still make a profit which after all would be the point of it surely? The situation of the game has changed. Much less players in a small number of big guilds. This rule drastically slows down progressing of tournaments.

tbh there should be a 3rd option ,people who dont care 

myself think removing it would change whole aspect of arenas ,just think what would happen if 8 people from one guild just sat there and entered every 8 person arena over a 24 hr period ,you can just think what would happen .

Also a fair point. Could add an option for not caring. But also if a person doesn't care they don't have to cast a vote either way.

What would happen is an overall gold loss. Only 1 winner. So the cost of 7 people entering just to lose surpasses profit gained. Thus there was no point in the first place. :P

#8 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2019 - 22:52

plus people would likely enter more often if it moved faster, less chance of 8 people from 1 guild entering.

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 23:02

plus people would likely enter more often if it moved faster, less chance of 8 people from 1 guild entering.

Right but even if it was alot of people from the same guild who cares. They are all trying their best to beat each other just like any other contestant.

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2019 - 23:16

A fair point. But it just doesn't happen. And isn't financially viable to do and still make a profit which after all would be the point of it surely? The situation of the game has changed. Much less players in a small number of big guilds. This rule drastically slows down progressing of tournaments.

You'd think so, yes, but I'm sure some people would take the very slight financial hit just to get a few more ticks on the medal progression...

If 16 player arenas are taking too long to start, then perhaps remove them and just have 8 player ones and maybe even bring in 4 player ones ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 00:06

Don't you think people ought to have done it already? Like i stated FSBOX Mass Message and voila. Or strike a trade deal with another guild. Why has no one because it's not worth it and it's not something that can ideally be done as timezones and players irl schedules. The guild restriction system does absolutely nothing in the "collusion" market. As zizz stated just more misplaced limiters on the game. Pretty much the same reason why you don't buy SE locations. A. You can find them yourself and B. It's not worth it. C. You would rather rely on yourself and your own skill. Translating this to SE hunting it would be like saying sorry a guild can only kill X amount of SE's an hour.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 January 2019 - 00:12.

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 January 2019 - 00:33

so if there is two slots open in a 8 person arena ,whats stopping me sending 20k to a few of my guild mates and say enter this with no gear ,just to get it started The odds instantly are in your favour cause you have lower the players from 8 to 6 .yes the other 5 may beat you but still lowered odds ?

Now lets go one step futher /you have 7 guildmates on line with you,you all get together and chat about joining the arena ,so you do 7 of you with no gear ,who wins ?

yes it costs gold ,but lets get real here 50k gold to most who join arenas is just a scratch in the ocean ,

As stated before i dont really care but will throw my two cents into the arguement

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 00:49

so if there is two slots open in a 8 person arena ,whats stopping me sending 20k to a few of my guild mates and say enter this with no gear ,just to get it started The odds instantly are in your favour cause you have lower the players from 8 to 6 .yes the other 5 may beat you but still lowered odds ?

Now lets go one step futher /you have 7 guildmates on line with you,you all get together and chat about joining the arena ,so you do 7 of you with no gear ,who wins ?

yes it costs gold ,but lets get real here 50k gold to most who join arenas is just a scratch in the ocean ,

As stated before i dont really care but will throw my two cents into the arguement

Your missing the part where i can do that already. Literally can throw a FSBOX up or get like 16 regulars together and offer a premium on top of join cost. You can already do that easily but no one does it. The reason being what's stated above and in this post. To play arena effectively it costs boat loads of an investment plus the risk factor of losing. There is more to arena upkeep than simply join cost. At the end of the day you already get those people joining for free on their own accord with next to no knowledge and you lose generally to the 4 people that spend lots of time theory crafting etc. Especially the daily questers that join naked.

If i were to offer a premium to people to join naked would hardly give me any edge. Because im gonna get to the semi/finals and be up against a pro. The real challenge are the arena experts and they will show up to every arena undying.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 January 2019 - 00:55.

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:14

Exactly this.

~ Grim

#15 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:37

Exactly this.

~ Grim

Then it is flawed, as it can already be colluded.The argument holds no substance.

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:47

It holds plenty of substance, thanks. It helps prevent it.

~ Grim

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 13:06

I don't understand your logic as you have explained nothing other than a blanket statement. I don't think you understand arena very well now a days. It maybe made sense back in the day with the old mechanics and the value of entry : reward. I just wanna make my point clear BG. You think this stops arena collusion?

I can show you how much collusion i can cause within the rules of the game and the system. It has been like this for years since the start of the arena. The reason why it's not happening now is it's just simply NOT worth it. No one has done it the only collusion in arena now would be the daily quest where people join naked. What makes you think this "25% rule" is stopping. If it's not happening now it won't happen without the rule.

If i were to start paying people a premium to join the same thing will happen anyways i'll be up against josh, kaka, roby or any other good arena player and roll the dice. It won't be a sure win and it barely will effect my win chance. If you factor in the cost in the equation your "chances" are actually worse. It's better to play without paying people to join.

Edited by EpicPiety, 16 January 2019 - 13:11.

#18 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 17:39

I do not think it should be completely removed. It should be increased to 50% though. Gives more opportunity and still prevents collusion.

I just ignore the arena most of the time because I hate getting sets together and seeing you can not enter because 2 people from your guild already did... so 2% of our guild can participate in a game activity??

#19 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 17:56

Exactly this.

~ Grim

We all know why it's there. Collusion would be terrible for the game. So I fully accept that we need to do everything to prevent it. As an arena player I would loathe other guilds teaming despite it costing them any profit to win. Would ruin an area of the game I enjoy. But it's no longer fit for purpose with so few guilds holding so many players. The most active players are in the 3 main guilds. Not firing shots at other guilds just stating what is plainly true.

I do not think it should be completely removed. It should be increased to 50% though. Gives more opportunity and still prevents collusion.

I just ignore the arena most of the time because I hate getting sets together and seeing you can not enter because 2 people from your guild already did... so 2% of our guild can participate in a game activity??

I'd be happy to see that implemented. Impossible for any guild to monopolise it despite the fact it has been made clear doing so is pointless. 50% is fair. And an improvement on what we have now. It's very unlikely any guild will end up filling 50% of any arena anyway so this is a good solution.

Yeah so punishing for any guilds with a large amount of active members. So few would have any chance to play. Not that too many probably want to but would be nice to have a choice in the matter. :P

Edited by Josh1404, 16 January 2019 - 17:57.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 18:31

Change the rule to 50% and from that point on only 1 guild mate can join an arena every hour. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: