• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:01

From the support page, under submit ticket;

support.jpg

Sooo here is what I wanna know b4 I rant into a serious hissy fit;

1: Who exactly are these players you somehow deem worthy of acting as support? What did they do to earn that trust, and who decided they were worthy, and on what grounds?

2: Is there a screening process on tickets "value" - as in; Who decides if the tickets are to get HCS staff attention?

3 Does the task come with a very clear manual on what they are to answer?

4. What exactly can these players see on my account? My personal info? What I have supported over the years? My current amount of FSP? My gear? My logs (which are personal too I might add) What?

5. Is there a way to not get a player to answer my tickets?

Small rant:

A ticket answered by a player, will hold no value to me.

In my book, I might as well ask any player I like or trust instead of sending a ticket, which may get answered by a player, whom I have issue/have issues with me.
I find it hard to see exactly why this has been set in place, and it makes me wonder what exactly is going on.
This exact move has put a quick death to other online games over the years, and I'd hate to see the same happen here.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:06

Wow I was unaware of this and am frankly appalled. I do not want other players knowing anything about my account thank you very much!!

#3 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:09

Excellent point, well raised.

Cheers.

wil72

#4 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:35

I agree on all things Kit said. It's a very serious issue in my view.

og3DxyP.gif

#5 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:56

Unfortunately, I don't expect us to get a quality response.

#6 Nappeh

Nappeh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:16

Wow, this is quite dissappointing indeed.  On several levels as Kit laid out in her post so well.  When I step back and look at it as a whole, it just says one thing to me.  That is HCS as a company is moving the bulk of all of its attention and resources to Eldevin and now is farming out duties in Fallen Sword.

#7 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:17

Interesting !!!!!

I very much doubt the support players have access to accounts, but it would be good to know the answer the questions posted

** Picks up pitch fork and torch and hangs around outside HCS shouting kill the spies ** :lol:

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:46

Hey Guys.

This refers to Scott. A fellow that Zorg employs to help with non critical Legacy issues. He only deals with Legacy and cannot see sensitive data, like date of birth or email addresses.

For Sword and Sigma, it is still mostly down to Zaelin and myself, though Iago and Forn help out during the weekends.

~ Grim

#9 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:49

Ok.. thanxx for the swift reply. I'm glad to hear that our info is still in safe hands, and not accessible by other players.

og3DxyP.gif

#10 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 13:07

Hello, I'm that guy you wanted to hang-draw and quarter!

I deal with legacy as I was pretty much a manager under Zorg and then he joined HCS :) I am the Lead Helper and deal with all the community issues that arise and I have limited views of the ticket system. Tickets have to be unlocked to me by HCS Staff (Usually BigGrim or Zorg) and I can deal with them - please remember it is just Legacy stuff :) If you have any questions I have a wiki page or feel free to ask!

I'm not evil :D

#11 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 14 May 2013 - 15:32

Thnx for the swift replies BG and Scott B) The wording on the support page made my heart skip a few beats.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#12 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2013 - 15:47

Hey Guys.

This refers to Scott. A fellow that Zorg employs to help with non critical Legacy issues. He only deals with Legacy and cannot see sensitive data, like date of birth or email addresses.

For Sword and Sigma, it is still mostly down to Zaelin and myself, though Iago and Forn help out during the weekends.

~ Grim

Ive had Hoof himself answer a ticket recently :P 

Give the man some credit, bro!

#13 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 16:39

Thnx for the swift replies BG and Scott B) The wording on the support page made my heart skip a few beats.

No problem, I do play a few other HCS so you may see me around :) I'm dotted around the place ^_^

But, yes - Only fear if you Play Legacy  :ph34r: and to sum it up we are monitored by Zorg, Hoof & Others so if you have an issue on Legacy and we reply and you feel that it isn't satisfactory you can re-open and it will be sent to a Hunted Cow to reply to.. that rarely happens :o

I hope this answers everything and I hope you can call off the mob hunt now  :(

#14 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 18:51

No problem, I do play a few other HCS so you may see me around :) I'm dotted around the place ^_^

But, yes - Only fear if you Play Legacy  :ph34r: and to sum it up we are monitored by Zorg, Hoof & Others so if you have an issue on Legacy and we reply and you feel that it isn't satisfactory you can re-open and it will be sent to a Hunted Cow to reply to.. that rarely happens :o

I hope this answers everything and I hope you can call off the mob hunt now  :(

But... it's fun hunting, and being in the mob  :ph34r:   Seriously tho, thanxx for your reply Scott, and also.... you're lvl 1 in FS?? You need to start playing! It's a fun game ;) 

og3DxyP.gif

#15 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 20:05

I will look into it :)

#16 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2013 - 19:43

I have some questions is this only apply to the Lagecy game  or all HCS game?, I do have issues with trust and confidencilaity. How much of our personal info will these helpers have access to.Why is it necesairy to have out side helpers?Will HCS be responsible for these helpers and their service to the community.? and I don't mean financial. Frogive my bad spelling  i'm Latin. lol A little clearity would be good on the  services they will be responsible for

bannerfans_6199711.png

#17 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2013 - 19:53

From the support page, under submit ticket;

support.jpg

Sooo here is what I wanna know b4 I rant into a serious hissy fit;

1: Who exactly are these players you somehow deem worthy of acting as support? What did they do to earn that trust, and who decided they were worthy, and on what grounds?

2: Is there a screening process on tickets "value" - as in; Who decides if the tickets are to get HCS staff attention?

3 Does the task come with a very clear manual on what they are to answer?

4. What exactly can these players see on my account? My personal info? What I have supported over the years? My current amount of FSP? My gear? My logs (which are personal too I might add) What?

5. Is there a way to not get a player to answer my tickets?

Small rant:

A ticket answered by a player, will hold no value to me.

In my book, I might as well ask any player I like or trust instead of sending a ticket, which may get answered by a player, whom I have issue/have issues with me.
I find it hard to see exactly why this has been set in place, and it makes me wonder what exactly is going on.
This exact move has put a quick death to other online games over the years, and I'd hate to see the same happen here.

You present some good point Kitiarili all sought of bulbs went off in my head when I read the announcement.

bannerfans_6199711.png

#18 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2013 - 23:23

I have some questions is this only apply to the Lagecy game  or all HCS game?, I do have issues with trust and confidencilaity. How much of our personal info will these helpers have access to.Why is it necesairy to have out side helpers?Will HCS be responsible for these helpers and their service to the community.? and I don't mean financial. Frogive my bad spelling  i'm Latin. lol A little clearity would be good on the  services they will be responsible for

It is Legacy Only. Legacy was Zorg's game before He joined HCS. He used it to fund his life - It was his Job. I was a Manager of the game and pretty much had access to everything Zorg did (apart from scripts/databases etc..). I went from Development Manager to Staff Manager and was by all accounts Zorg's right hand man. 

In my time as a Manager I have and none of this is made up, dealt with over 10 bug abuse cases, shut down the game 4 times, switched systems offline to prevent issues over 30 times and have been responsible for 50+ Bug Fixes as well as 10+ Updates, Shrubbed (Deleted)/banned countless players as well as Helping the community flourish and express themselves ... as well as making help documents for Legacy Players. 

Zorg Joined HCS and my assigned powers have been since..... limited. I have a new Title as Lead Helper and I have had a lot of things removed from view, such as your personal data. Emails etc.. I have been unpaid doing what some HCS Staff get paid to do for 4 years this year. I'm not being egotistical when I say if I was a huge security risk I would've been removed. I lead a quite small team now from what it was... HCS can remove us at any point and have their own staff added, however I feel we can control Legacy and help players better than what they could (No Offense to any staff) 

I currently have 4 staff:

dk16: Graphics - thats it.

Brad: He deals with multiple accounts, Clans and account sharing.

Will : Community issues and Head of Guides.

Josh: Community Issues and Head of Mods.

I deal with the Major violations of the Terms of Use/Service. I also deal with problematic systems and complaints. Everything I do is logged, everything I say is logged. HCS can at any point remove me. They also can see every issue I have dealt with. 

Why do you stay around you may Ask if you've been downgraded? Because I've helped Legacy and Zorg a lot and I'd feel cruddy leaving, if I was going to leave it would be on their terms. If I was removed I'm sure a lot of loyal players and Staff would follow suit.

I hope this kind of gives you an insight into why I'm here... :P

#19 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:01

I like to say I do not play legacy but what Scott says it is true on integrity of players that help moderators and admin in any game.  I respect players willing to help others in the game so we can have more players stick around and play.  Thank you for starting the original post on how much the helpers are seeing of tickets and thank you Scott for you explanation of how ticket information has to be unlocked by a staff members of hunted cow.  :D

#20 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:55

Thanks for clarifying I would be worried too if we thought some unknown player had access to info. That FS was always admin that were not players and players that arent admin helped it work,, way too many bad storys about players that were made admin abusing it I have seen other places.

I also noticed a couple cows are MIA now from the HCS guild and no longer replying on tickets, whatever reason they are no longer there (and im sure they cant really discuss that) we will miss them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: