• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mentum

Mentum

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 18:37

I was just wondering whether the devs are planning on implementing a hiscores system? Even if they are rejecting the idea of having a page dedicated to users levels it would be nice to be able to have a score card or something similar available to place in signatures. I love being able to race up the leaderboards in games to try and become #1 - brings that extra competition into the game!

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested so I'm sorry if it's just a repeat.

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 18:40

It's been suggested quite allot. I think Zorg is working on it.. although we haven't had any feedback recently about it. :/

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Mentum

Mentum

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 18:54

It's been suggested quite allot. I think Zorg is working on it.. although we haven't had any feedback recently about it. :/

Shouldn't be that difficult, just add an extra player save into a SQL database and then show the results on a webpage! Hopefully they do add it though

#4 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 19:26

I don't think it's a priority at the moment since they have other things to do before adding in a hiscores. I'm sure that they'll do it soon though so we'll just have to wait.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#5 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:25

NO HIGH SCORE.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#6 Amir

Amir

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:57

I don't think it's a priority at the moment since they have other things to do before adding in a hiscores. I'm sure that they'll do it soon though so we'll just have to wait.

I'm not sure if it doesn't have much prio. If it doesn't, and they DO want to add it - it should have a decently high priority. The entertainment and gameplay value will go up in general. Simply, there will a core group of players that will play the game pureply focussed around gaining ranks in a 'high-score' system. It'll have a big impact on the game. Only for the better - if you don't care about ranks, you don't have to care, if you do, then there is one. Perfect, right?

EDIT: 

Also; please call it a 'ranking-system' - I know it's the same. But high-score makes me think of pacman.

Edited by Amir, 17 January 2014 - 10:03.

I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done

*That's so deep we need another sewer level*

#7 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:32

It is definitely something we plan to do, but can't give you a time estimate at the moment. Both Zorg and I have a lot of work to do before we get around to ranking tables, but we'll make it awesome when we do get to it :D

Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#8 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 January 2014 - 13:28

I'm not sure if it doesn't have much prio. If it doesn't, and they DO want to add it - it should have a decently high priority. The entertainment and gameplay value will go up in general. Simply, there will a core group of players that will play the game pureply focussed around gaining ranks in a 'high-score' system. It'll have a big impact on the game. Only for the better - if you don't care about ranks, you don't have to care, if you do, then there is one. Perfect, right?

EDIT: 

Also; please call it a 'ranking-system' - I know it's the same. But high-score makes me think of pacman.

Well, from what I've read on the forums, a hiscores system isn't something that they're prioritizing right now. Currently it's guild system, auction house (assuming they do implement an AH,) WASD, and camera angle. WASD and the camera angle especially because they're trying to get Eldevin on Steam. 

I avoid calling it a "ranking" system because I personally don't like the word. 

Edited by Rydner, 17 January 2014 - 13:29.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: