17 replies to this topic

#1 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 June 2017 - 21:09

I came to the realization that many past quests require a specifying Item to start or continue. Years back for what ever reason, those items were destroyed and i find myself "bothering" the Admins to regift them.

I suggesting a Store that has every single quest reward/item redeemable for 1 gold.

(This does not include wearable quest items) to avoid AH or Breaking down Abuse.

The quest must have already been completed to redeem any item

also

If the quest is active redeeming might bare some restrictions(again preventing abuse), but should be allowed  

Resources and any farmable Items drops will not be available in the shop.

After implementing, this shop it would greatly aid in players as well as reduce the amount of submitted tickets Developers answer to help on missing/lost quest items.

#2 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2017 - 21:18

great idea!!  and i assume easy to implement! 

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#3 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 21:32

Call it the "Quest and Found" shop!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#4 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 21:39

Call it the "Quest and Found" shop!

Naw Cola's Lost and Found  :P

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 22:14

I like it!

I've had to send quite a few tickets for a replacement quest item.... It makes my OCD flare up when I  can't complete one....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:04

I think I have some of those that a shop like that could help me with.  Needing to send in a ticket to get the item makes me shrug if off and go on.  To much trouble.

I had a lost mind moment the other day, I thought I dropped a recipe. It's getting old, that's what's causing this. :P

Edited by Pythia, 09 June 2017 - 03:06.

#7 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:27

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I been thinking where would this really be best.

1. World Map Shop (Alphabetical Order or Chronological based on Level)

- Four Different Shops/Options ( 1-1000 , 1001-2000, 2001-3000, and 3001 and up)

or

2. Under >Resources Side Bar

(Search Bar with built in Library and Search Options Like FallenSword Official Guide)

Which one do you guys think would be easier to implement and easily accessible and understandable for new and veteran players?

If you have opinions leave them below and if you have any contacts with any admins or developers have them visit this topic.

Thank you again

#8 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:44

yea nice idea , id  put it in mountain path somewhere as most other stuff is there already

Edited by activeh1, 09 June 2017 - 05:45.

5aZzW0p.png,

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:56

I'm pretty sure that this has been brought up before in the past though it may have been a few years ago. Although when I was looking for some threads regarding this in the Forum I came across this.

https://forums.hunte...4&hl=quest item

It appears that he likes to get tickets involving the replacing of dropped items. ;p

In all seriousness. Any items sold from the shop would have to be bound. The idea is sound and a good one. Although there are some quests in question in regards to wearable items. There are many Quest where you need to equip an item such as the Elemental quest. Some of the other Quest whether it be a rune, helmet or weapon in order to defeat a creature to finish the quest. How many times have you seen someone ask for the viper strike longsword in global chat. Although that item isn't bound, it could be changed and then added to the store.

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:58

yea nice idea , id  put it in mountain path somewhere as most other stuff is there alr

Logical spots to me would be either in the Cathedral of Ways or Collosseum of Gurgriss.  Seeing as there are already specialty shops in both places, it should be simple to implement (at least from where I'm standing), and it just makes sense.

Edited by BadPenny, 09 June 2017 - 12:59.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:37

I'm pretty sure that this has been brought up before in the past though it may have been a few years ago. Although when I was looking for some threads regarding this in the Forum I came across this.

https://forums.hunte...4&hl=quest item

It appears that he likes to get tickets involving the replacing of dropped items. ;p

In all seriousness. Any items sold from the shop would have to be bound. The idea is sound and a good one. Although there are some quests in question in regards to wearable items. There are many Quest where you need to equip an item such as the Elemental quest. Some of the other Quest whether it be a rune, helmet or weapon in order to defeat a creature to finish the quest. How many times have you seen someone ask for the viper strike longsword in global chat. Although that item isn't bound, it could be changed and then added to the store.

Agreed

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:32

that wolf is catching the rabbit ever so slowly

and i agree must be bound

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:48

I also agree with  uncola and cucullainn and see no reason not to push this forward it will also stop some people from trying to sell store items on the grand exchange as frag items , it is happening as we  speak ... thanks for this idea ...

a good place for the new shop is where the Goblin cave is now and move the cave entrance south a few spots or to the west a few spots .... just a thought  . thanks

Edited by ironlegs, 11 June 2017 - 02:56.

#14 Skullman307

Skullman307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:46

Yes. Great idea, Cola. Having a shop for this stuff would be extremely helpful.

kieiz0i.png

#15 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 17:03

Thanks again for the feedback, but this was declined. Now to come up with something else. :)

#16 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:59

Wow a Guild mate of mine just accidentally dropped the Fang of Aor. It's a quest item :(

I told her to put in a ticket :(

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:15

I saw somewhere in the forums that back in 2012 there was an idea similar to this brought up and was shot down. I however just did a quest where I received an item from the quest to kill an elite. The Hunters Harpoon is used to kill the Niseag (Elite). There are many such quest in which you need specific items to invent an item that you must equip. To kill a creature. To complete a quest. The Harpoon is not bound. But once you get rid of it you cannot get it back. I guess unless you put in a ticket. Maybe
I saw somewhere in the forums that back in 2012 there was an idea similar to this brought up and was shot down. I however just did a quest where I received an item from the quest to kill an elite. The Hunters Harpoon is used to kill the Niseag (Elite). There are many such quest in which you need specific items to invent an item that you must equip. To kill a creature. To complete a quest. The Harpoon is not bound. But once you get rid of it you cannot get it back. I guess unless you put in a ticket. Maybe

#18 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:51

k,

did the tutorial, destroyed the wooden sword, now have the graphic teaching me how to equip the sword stuck the lower left of the screen - won't go away

duh = me, but maybe a shop like this would be an easy fix

for now i'm off to submit a ticket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: