Photo

Temple of the Three

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:08

Ok so me and my team have worked hard to get to the lvl that we could queue up for the temple of the three. When we finally did this evening and we got inside, it was pretty dissapointing.

The first boss, has issues.

The attacks of the boss are hitting for 1.7k up to 3k each, can be survived with high heals. But the main problem is how quick the boss attacks, it simply doesnt allow enough time to heal the complete group. He's probably doing 1 attack per second. Within seconds we were dead, and thats whith a tank and healer that never fail us :P. None of us are purelly dmg based so we got enough hp.

Another thing is that the waves cannot be dodged, they hit the complete area so no matter how far u are, ur still getting hit. Ive also noticed that no mater how close I were to the boss, maelstrom could not hit it.

Did I mention that nobody have been able to do this dungeon after launch?.

Note: Try the dungeon first before talking senseless stuff.

Edited by Kaendor, 19 December 2013 - 07:10.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#2 Eren

Eren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:23

+1, btw some Lv40 completed this dungeon already?

5669543BMOgj.png

#3 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:34

Just to make this clear from the start... I'm not "talking senseless stuff" all I'm saying is don't call for a nerf until other people have had a chance to run the dungeon.

I would like to point out that is all I said today in WC when Blue, Qwerty, and Ultemica thought it was necessary to attack me for no reason over it. I don't appreciate it nor do I appreciate your group trying to force me in to running the dungeon at 29 just to prove themselves "right".

I understand wiping can be frustrating but you guys aren't the only ones in the game nor are you the only ones working to get to the 35+ dungeons so show a little consideration for everyone else. Also keep in mind Qwerty isn't the only tank in the game and constantly trashing me when none of your group (minus Kaendor who has never said a negative word about me to my knowledge) has ever run with me is starting to get a little trying. We're not the same build we're not even the same stat distribution so telling me I can't do something is ignorant on you guys part.

I mean no disrespect towards you Kaendor and I'm not trying to hijack your thread... But stuffs gotta be said and your people need to back off.

That is all.

Edited by Mojawk, 19 December 2013 - 12:19.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#4 Hiddie

Hiddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:37

Tech me how 2 b pro lik you pls

OT: This is the first dungeon of all games that I've played, that I can honestly say: you can not complete this with a healer+tank+mage+archer+warrior at level 34. His AOE hits the ENTIRE area. His attack is every 2 seconds so theres not enough time to heal. You will understand this when you get this level.

Would appreciate if you would stop being so ego. "Wait till I tank that shit" , are you serious? You are not the big shot here. I also welcome you to join PvP to see if you are really that tanky.

I don't know why you feel replying to this topic.

inb4: Orlac replying and quoting this and 5+ pages of drama.

Edited by Hiddie, 19 December 2013 - 07:44.

This world can't handle me.

#5 Ultimecia

Ultimecia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:56

Did not attack you O_O. I just said that you were one of the one(s) that didnt think a ohdars unavoidable 3k+ random rock throws were OP, when many, many others thought otherwise.

Edited by Ultimecia, 19 December 2013 - 08:15.

#6 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:46

Would appreciate if you would stop being so ego. "Wait till I tank that shit" , are you serious? You are not the big shot here. I also welcome you to join PvP to see if you are really that tanky.

I don't know why you feel replying to this topic.

inb4: Orlac replying and quoting this and 5+ pages of drama.

Its got nothing to do with my ego... All I said was wait till I tank it before you call for a nerf. The fact that you think that means "wait till I tank that shit" is on you because thats not what I was referring to or trying to say. Like I said in my first post you guys aren't the only ones in the game and I for one would like to tank a dungeon before it gets nerfed because someone else had a hard time.

I apologize Ult you're right you didn't attack me and yes I didn't think the rock throws in OS were OP.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#7 Medi3vil

Medi3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:01

Orlac back to Oceanic  -_-

#8 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:12

get back here before we drag you back son!

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:23

Back to the original post.  Are you saying they made this significantly harder since the beta?  If so, I'm really looking forward to it.  Remember that dozens of us ran this dungeon in beta, and if anything felt it could be made ~harder~, not nerfed.

Does your healer have dark prayer?  Crimson chain with associated talents?  Between them a good healer with reasonable haste can keep the group alive.  And if something goes wrong, make sure everyone has a healing pot ready.

Reasonably good DPS can then burn that squid down before anyone dies.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:27

According to me the first boss should be the easiest . No offence - You just need a good healer who has dark prayer or crimson chain .The next boss Terra is a breathe too . Zephyr god knocks you down , so for zephyr ,the tank should take the boss to a corner and healer should cast serenity when it knocks down tank . Assassins or warriors should try to hit zephyr at the back side as it knocks down all who is on its front . Last boss viridian is tough , the problem is u cant taunt the boss when its minion is active , u got to kill the minion and then attack boss , till that time viridian would appear as ally(green marker in map)so u cant attack him or taunt him .Viridian till that time attacks the healer :P and dont forget viridian has a buff and it steals 10 % heals done by the healer . It is the place where To3 is challenging . But its good . I felt OS was still more challenging than To3 . Just my views .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#11 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:25

We have increased the difficulty of the the level 35+ dungeons since beta, we taking logs of everything and some further balance may be required. What I'd like is for people to be a little nicer towards each other, constructive feedback is good, arguments aren't :)

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#12 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:08

Infinity and I made some attempts on good old Octopus-chan that you guys have mentioned. On our best attempt the two of us got him down 33% before he ran out of mana and we died as a result.

Then I respecced to tank build and we would've pretty much crushed him except templar + prophet isn't much DPS :)

(as an aside, I do not enjoy the cost of tanking in this game, so I respecced back later that day. mad props to all you tanks out there, I would NOT be able to handle doing no damage while grinding and having huge repair bills!).

Here are some tips about the boss:

1) Octopus boss is more or less immobile. He does not require tanking at all, since almost all of his attacks are AOE. He will not even move beyond the water, although he will still spam his AOE skills from the water. This means you can go balls to the wall with DPS and not have to worry about aggro on this fight.

2) He has three primary attacks: a weak tidal wave(~1k dmg), a strong melee cleave(2-4k damage, depending) and an ink attack(no damage, lowers focus 25%)

3) There is no noticeable way to dodge his attacks, as we tried many different positioning angles.

From our testing runs, we determined that for party play, grouping up for optimal AOE healing would be the most solid way to sustain through the fight for characters that are not tanky enough. Also, this fight is most definitely a gear check, similar to how the first boss in OS was pre-nerf(not enough HP? come back later).

At 35, a good Prophet with, as earlier said, investment in Dark Prayer and Crimson Chain, would be the key to victory. Snowfall may also be beneficial except it heals quite slow and the radius is quite small, so you would have to be grouped up tightly.

At 40, I think grouping everyone together and making judicious use of a talented-up Benediction would make this fight a cakewalk.

Edit: Some thoughts regarding balance.

I am a primarily grind-oriented player. I enjoy dungeons less than grinding monsters, and while they are fun to do once in awhile, they are by no means the reason I enjoy Eldevin. However, I do feel that dungeons should be both difficult and rewarding. Eldevin has only been live for a few weeks now, and already players have some of the highest level content(TR) on farm status. This will of course happen, as the most motivated, hardcore players will always exhaust content faster than developers can make it.

My suggestion, though, is rather than reduce the difficulty of dungeons so everyone can breeze through it, I'd much rather see it left as a difficult challenge so players can invent solid strategies for killing bosses. However, the rewards should be commensurate with the challenge.

I hope that HCS will strike a good balance between making challenging content, but also balancing content across the board so that appropriate rewards match appropriate challenges. So far, there are certainly rewarding areas, and there are certainly challenging areas, but they don't always match correctly. :)

Edited by huhbum, 19 December 2013 - 15:27.

#13 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:10

Before Eldevin beta started, I messaged one of HCS member that I wish to see a Kraken in game. I guess this is it. :)

#14 Qwerty

Qwerty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:26

Huhbum:

I would like to know what infinite has that he doesn't get one shot by the octopus. Our healer is up to date on gear, has invested in both aoe spells mentioned, and has 5.8k hp, yet he is still one shot.

The octopus only does 500 damage waves and 1.2k ground slams to us tanks, not to the rest of our team. If you could, I would like to know.

Our healer informed us, he was getting hit by 2k waves and 4k ground slams, not to mention they are 1s apart and after 2 sets of going they are synchronized, which would be a total 6k (without either of them criting).

#15 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:37

As far as I know, he had 4500 HP and was wearing the level 25 relic set. He did not get one-shot in any of our attempts to my recollection, however a combination cleave crit plus wave hit would take him out if he did not spam heals(but it was very close, in our later tests when he died and I rezzed him mid-fight he WOULD get one-shot by the combination of attacks if I did not re-buff him with Inspiration).

For what it's worth, our positioning was to have me in melee range of it and Inf as far away from it as possible, so when the waves hit they would not hit us both at the same time, as unlike the cleave hit, the wave travels across the screen so its damage is staggered.

For the record with my melee hybrid build I would take 1k wave hits and up to 3.9k cleave crits, but with 6300 HP at 35 I could stay on the boss indefinitely with heals from Inf.

It should be noted that if your healer wears a shield(which Inf didn't need to do, but it's an option) you can keep 25% damage reduction on permanently by having a good rotation of Righteous Defense and a talented-up Redemption, which should make a Prophet plenty survivable enough, however you do need to manage your cooldowns and it may get a little sticky on the timing if you need to rebuff and heal at the same time.

I respecced to a hybrid Templar/Prophet build and solo tanked the octopus for over ten minutes during some of our later attempts using this Righteous/Redemption rotation(I also rezzed Inf four times while still tanking the boss, just to give you an example just how tanky a build like that is).

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:39

Also to get some misconceptions out of the way.

- We did not wipe once and give up yelling "nerf"

- We tried every idea in our arsenal, which we thought was a lot, about 20 different ideas, 20 different wipes.

- We looked at your beta dungeon, through Neon's Youtube video (only video you can evaluate).

- I can assure you, they are two completely different dungeons.

- Contrary to popular belief, everyone in our group enjoys difficulty in a task, but not impossibility.

- I understand Huhbum says he came close, but from what we saw last night, unless his healer has some sort of dodge/vitality/block build, I am convinced you can not complete it at recommended levels.

- For Orlac: The boss is not difficult for tanking, it is difficult for healers and dps. The waves hit non-tanks for approximately 1.5k - 2k, while the ground slam hits for 3.5k - 4k. They are on separate cooldowns, but only a one second gap, three seconds and four seconds respectively. 

- Eventually those attacks sync up, causing massive burst damage.

- Yes, we tried two healers.

Edit 1:

We just ran the First boss, Jayquan and I. I can confirm the dungeon is significantly easier with only two people, only because the healer can focus on himself and periodically the tank, but the one shot mechanic still occurs. 

After calculating the amount of damage that would have to be healed for a group of 4, since the tank rarely needs to be healed in this fight, you are looking at about 72k damage over 12 seconds. That is a lot of damage! The main problem with this is not the damage though, although the damage is ridiculously high, it is the delay between attacks. The attack order is:

Wave + 1 second healing period + Ground slam + 2 second healing period + Wave + 2 second healing period + Ground slam + 1 second healing period + Wave + 3 second healing period + Sync (Wave + Ground slam)

The healing periods are not long enough to heal the damage that is output. You have to rely on lucky dodges, while praying critical hits don't occur.

Edited by Qwerty, 19 December 2013 - 19:12.

#17 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:52

- I understand Huhbum says he came close, but from what we saw last night, unless his healer has some sort of dodge/vitality/block build, I am convinced you can not complete it at recommended levels.

Haha, I wouldn't say we came close. We just messed around for a bit to see what it was like, and had some fun. I think if we were to try seriously we'd bring more than two people :)

And Inf's build is not dodge, vitality, or block. I'm pretty sure Inf's build is just lucky. I swear that guy is the luckiest guy ever. :)

Wish I had that kind of luck with money drops. Repairs be expensive yo. @@

Edited by huhbum, 19 December 2013 - 16:53.

#18 Jayquan

Jayquan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 18:10

So yeah i was the healer for this attempt at T03 and all i gotta say is its much harder to heal more then 5 people then 2 i have every AoE heal you can have in this game atm for my level i had us even all stack for the chain heals to work it wasnt that i dont have enough heals, its how fast the boss attacks with his multiple abilities Chain heal is on a 6sec CD and he attacks 2-3 times usin his wave for 1k-2k plus the inc splotch might land on you for another 1k per tic then the ground pound he does for 3-4k i can heal me anda  tank easy but a full group really wont happen and theres the chance his aoe skills chain up to 1 shot you so please at least a spacing in between the aoe attacks would work doesnt even need a nerf.

Edited by Jayquan, 19 December 2013 - 20:34.

#19 Elaes

Elaes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 20:14

mmm we saw this topic and then decided to move our TR group to temple of 3 istance (is a level 40 group), we breezed inside but can actually say that first boss may be needed to be tuned down a bit, compared to the other 3 at least is kinda the only one that require a really good healer to be done (waiting dan comment to give further insight, i was just tanking so didnt gave much of a crap on the healing side problem :P)

#20 Hiddie

Hiddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 21:24

mmm we saw this topic and then decided to move our TR group to temple of 3 istance (is a level 40 group), we breezed inside but can actually say that first boss may be needed to be tuned down a bit, compared to the other 3 at least is kinda the only one that require a really good healer to be done (waiting dan comment to give further insight, i was just tanking so didnt gave much of a crap on the healing side problem :P)

For a 34 group which it is supposed to be done with, its not that possible. With a 40 group it should :)

This world can't handle me.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: