Photo

Temple of the Three

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 19:05

Here are some tips about the boss:

1) Octopus boss is more or less immobile. He does not require tanking at all, since almost all of his attacks are AOE. He will not even move beyond the water, although he will still spam his AOE skills from the water. This means you can go balls to the wall with DPS and not have to worry about aggro on this fight.

2) He has three primary attacks: a weak tidal wave(~1k dmg), a strong melee cleave(2-4k damage, depending) and an ink attack(no damage, lowers focus 25%)

3) There is no noticeable way to dodge his attacks, as we tried many different positioning angles.

From our testing runs, we determined that for party play, grouping up for optimal AOE healing would be the most solid way to sustain through the fight for characters that are not tanky enough. Also, this fight is most definitely a gear check, similar to how the first boss in OS was pre-nerf(not enough HP? come back later).

At 35, a good Prophet with, as earlier said, investment in Dark Prayer and Crimson Chain, would be the key to victory. Snowfall may also be beneficial except it heals quite slow and the radius is quite small, so you would have to be grouped up tightly.

another tip should be added.....

As all the attacks are AOE and you cant dodge any of them. its a GREAT idea to have the party grouped at the boss each with the lvl 25 assassin skill blind. 6 second 25% dmg reduction cycled by each party member = 30 seconds of great dmg reduction + their redemptions and a healer aoe healing makes the boss a lot more doable. 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#22 RandomCitizen

RandomCitizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 21:16

its all ok.

prophets are to count and plan heals

#23 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:27

Waiting for more people to reach the lvl range to do this instance, I wanna see how it goes.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#24 Vitt

Vitt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 22:51

Snow flake works wonders in that type of cinerio:)

#25 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:46

I very much approve of the first boss in it's current form.  6k HP is the magic number.  Add in templar's inspiration buff and a 5-player blind rotation and there is enough room for error imo.  I don't have dark prayer in my current build, so I'll likely have to respec if I end up running this regularly before 40. 

eldevin_to3_solo.jpg

Solo'd it out of curiosity.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#26 Johnyy2q

Johnyy2q

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 00:25

Anyone wanna run this? Just hit 35 and curious to see just how hard it is :)

#27 Johnyy2q

Johnyy2q

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:29

Step 1: Find Awol

Step 2: Find Templar

Step 3: Dont die

????

Profit.

#28 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2014 - 19:19

Step 1: Find Awol

Step 2: Find Templar

Step 3: Dont die

????

Profit.

Step 3: Kill Kill Kill

first and second round from last night was night mare but other runs were like pretty easy and smooth

#29 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:27

Step 3: Kill Kill Kill

first and second round from last night was night mare but other runs were like pretty easy and smooth

who was your healer? Please dont say now any name of a Level 40 prophet ... else the comment made no sense ...

As you cant compare a prophet to a OP level 40 Benediction Prophet ... Benediction is the most op skill i saw till now in the game.

Zook helped me once for a few minutes on mobs where i die within seconds if i dont frostbite + aoe kill them and made benediction and i could just stay against 25 owlbears and tank them because this heal is so overpowered

Edited by Lagenia, 13 January 2014 - 08:28.

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#30 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:54

Temple Guardian probably still needs some tweaking, but if you get creative enough(and overgear enough) you can solo him without being a Prophet!

http://www.twitch.tv/huhbum/c/3567929

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: