Photo

Quest: Cause and Effect [40]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Melody

Melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 13:02

This quest is ridiculously hard...

Don't get me wrong, i like hard... but this is literally IMPOSSIBLE.

I've tried over 100 times and spend thousands of gold in repairs.... he just hits wayyyy too hard. I get the fact that I am a healer.. but I don't want to have to respec just to beat one quest........

My stats fully buffed at lvl 40:

OhgeBAs.png

Another thing I find annoying about it is that it's a solo quest.... If you are going to make it a solo quest, fine, just make it POSSIBLE to complete!! If I can't even kill him buffed as much as i can be, full TR gear, spamming bene/dark prayer/crimson chain and chugging hp pots then there is obviously something wrong here...

Fix this? It's making me not even want to play this game at all anymore... :(

Edited by Melody, 13 March 2014 - 13:06.

Gathering

Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49

Crafting

Alchemy 49 | Armormithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewlery 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

#2 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 13:44

Totally agree!  As a ranger it is impossible to complete at least for me.  I've tried over and over and over again and wasted tons of potions and repair bills.  With no healing ability and it being solo I can't kill Baron for Arcane or Army part of these quests.  I truly can't even get him half healthed, maybe a third before he smashes me.  Rangers have very little ability to heal themselves verses other classes that have the ability to wield an essence.  Wielding a staff in place of a shield is little help if any...  and at level 40 my max heal ability is 63 health verses others that fully heal themselves.  Please either fix rangers healing ability or fix quests that are solo oriented to classes that do have the ability to heal.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#3 daggar

daggar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 14:12

sorry picked this in the middle what quest are you guys talking about

#4 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 14:16

The quests at Mythos Cistern for army and arcane....

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#5 Melody

Melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 14:16

sorry picked this in the middle what quest are you guys talking about

Cause and Effect.

It's a lvl 40 solo quest.

The one where you fight the plague baron alone.

If I remember correctly, its called the Mythos Cistern. I could be wrong about the name though. It's near Mythos though. 

Edited by Melody, 13 March 2014 - 14:17.

Gathering

Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49

Crafting

Alchemy 49 | Armormithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewlery 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

#6 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 14:20

Melody,I didn't find it to be too bad when I did it as a prophet,you just need a decent-high haste % and remember to cast your normal rotation + keeping yourself redemptioned (preferably capped). basic ranged attack,erupt,and incin are your best friends :D 

although,it should probably get a nerf due to the other classes not having much luck with this either because of the lack of defense and heals for this quest.

Edited by HuMoR, 13 March 2014 - 14:39.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 20:37

In another thread HCS stated they're going to take a look at buffing Storm.

This thread makes me think they need to reconsider Envenom and Fleetfoot.  If the ranger is going to be essentially defenseless, it requires better tools for kiting.  Sage, would this have made a difference?

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 21:27

Sage is in the confusion room on why I am constantly having to re-learn every aspect of my ranger gameplay with every update.  Rangers are totally defenseless, we have no safe spots which is what rangers are suppose to have to fight from a distance same as a mage would or 'should' have the ability to do.  :(  I've kinda had it with the systematic disassembly of all abilities that kept me somewhat on an even keel with most warriors.  That is exactly how I was able to be ranked 5th on the game.  I honestly don't want to have to 'reconsider' anything anymore.  One trip up to landfall was enough for me to see that my character has lost all ability to fight the way I am accustom to and that I can fast look forward to my standing in the rankings falling like water from a faucet.  So to answer your question.  No.

#9 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:53

Sage is in the confusion room on why I am constantly having to re-learn every aspect of my ranger gameplay with every update.

well said. :)

8TLwd.jpg

#10 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:21

You might have already done this, but i tried today, i am a prophet and died the first 2 times, i killed him in my 3rd attempt this is what i did,

Started with bene erupt+fireball, at the end of bene red+reju continue hitting cast blind + gulp stamina potion(he crit me), frostbyte run cauterize( the **** crit me again) he reached near me i used radiance erupt+fireball cast reju + red ( the **** crit me again) so i drinked stamina potion and cast snowstorm invincible for a moment i took a breath at the end i cast frostbite and run hit him cast bene and started the same procedure until he died, i drank a total of 4 stamina potions level 32 wich was also the time he crit me.

it was one of the best fights i had in this game and it was worth it, HCS plz do more bosses like this it was amazing and thank you for todays fun it was worth it, totaly amazing that crit rate was maddening but gave me an extra heart beat everytime hehehe, thx

Regards

EDIT: for 12 grammar mistakes

Edited by Susej, 04 April 2014 - 11:42.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#11 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:51

You might have already done this, but i tried today, i am a prophet and died the first 2 times, i killed him in my 3rd attempt this is what i did,

Started with bene erupt+fireball, at the end of bene red+reju continue hitting cast blind + gulp stamina potion(he crit me), frostbyte run cauterize( the **** crit me again) he reached near me i used radiance erupt+fireball cast reju + red ( the **** crit me again) so i drinked stamina potion and cast snowstorm invincible for a moment i took a breath at the end i cast frostbite and run hit him cast bene and started the same procedure until he died, i drank a total of 4 stamina potions level 32 wich was also the time he crit me.

it was one of the best fights i had in this game and it was worth it, HCS plz do more bosses like this it was amazing and thank you for todays fun it was worth it, totaly amazing that crit rate was maddening but gave me an extra heart beat everytime hehehe, thx

Regards

EDIT: for 12 grammar mistakes

I too appreciated the toughness of this boss.  However, the area is too small!  For Rangers to have any shot at completing this, the area should be expanded so they can Kite.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#12 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:07

The room was far too small for a mini boss fight that has quite a range to his melee attack. I did defeat him on the first try, but I am a prophet with a fully upgraded redemption, I just ran in circles using Ingnite and Erupt while using banana pots until he died. I really dont see how a ranger or assassin can defeat him solo. I question if a mage can either.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#13 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:47

Just completed that Quest to day Ranger lvl 40 - USe leech xnow 48 manged cometed with little issue! Alonge with shield - Now on to War going be kinda hard - might need get ess bost healing  over all manged kill boss just fine Ranger!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#14 Mithril

Mithril

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 22:03

You all talk from your high horse. Try this as a Templar, I dare you. OP is right, he's too bulky for a solo Q

Edited by Mithril, 06 April 2014 - 22:03.

#15 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:25

I tried to kill him yesterday. Well, as espected I didn't had an chance. As an level 40 I tried to take down the Crimson Lord  and failed twice, so I didn't had much hope.I tried it for both quests and it was an utter failure both attempts :( Didn't even get him down to 90% of health, but like I said in chat before, I am bad at kiting and things like that due to my visual problems. I can only hope that I get a decent setup from the 45 set so that i can try again.

#16 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:31

I've noticed his rank was incorrectly set, he should be slightly easier in the next update.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#17 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:49

I've noticed his rank was incorrectly set, he should be slightly easier in the next update.

So the ones that killed him are just really pro? ;P

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#18 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:55

Why nerf something that is great...

You should do more of this bosses not remove the thrill.

the only thing you could do in increase the size of the house nothing else.

EDIT: he does crit a bit often but that is that.

Edited by Susej, 07 April 2014 - 10:56.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#19 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:22

I too appreciated the toughness of this boss.  However, the area is too small!  For Rangers to have any shot at completing this, the area should be expanded so they can Kite.

I talked with 2 rangers that killed baron at level 40 with full tr set.

They both used a tr shield, They snared, run, hit him, and so on.

Talked with a full mage that used full tr set and killed him at level 40, he used full talented frostbyte runned hit him and repeated he said he used 2 mana potions only and cauterized twice.

Any warrior and templar that finished baron at level 40 with full tr set that would like to leave the procedure here plz.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#20 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:37

I would like to hear how an warrior without the TR set can kill him? I do know that one hit took about 50% of my health and after that it was over :(  I went in full force without much tactics, just hitting as much as possible, but that doesn't seem possible at all .. Time for another strategy..

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: