Photo

taranuka

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#21 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 20:52

I solo'd the whole area with my mage with the exception on one boss.  Sounds great huh ? Nope ! I died tons of times and was cursing the whole way through and took me way too long. My advise is... don't solo. It's just plain frustrating.

#22 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 21:22

i quite liked the zone... was going to post more but eh i'll leave it at that.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#23 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2014 - 22:14

Taranuka is an awful map. They need to keep in mind that people leveling and questing almost always do so solo. Frustrating players on a daily basis is not the way to go. Furthermore, the level 44 void area is even worse. When the majority of players choose to not waste their time on a map, that speaks for itself, doesn't it?

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#24 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:34

I find it tedious. Having so many monsters so close together doesn't strike me as 'difficult', just tedious. It seems like a heavy-handed attempt at increasing difficulty. 

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#25 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:43

having so many mobs together means you can gather large groups of them quickly, aoe them, move onto next group without having to walk very far :)

it is a very nice grind location. (with so many grind spots being removed/changed to have aoe and snares i find it nice to see one was added)

ontop of that these are regular mobs not elites not mini bosses and not bosses.  increased difficulty threw numbers is fine. lets work on getting them increasing boss difficulty threw means other than increased health/higher dmg  before we start worrying about if regular mobs in a zone require a strategy to beat or not......

Edited by awollsd, 03 May 2014 - 02:44.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#26 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:54

Yeah, that comment was from the POV of my healer, who I usually don't aoe with much.

AOE grinding makes everything so easy. I respeced to mage and AOE grinded in the temple. So much easier/faster than any other method. =/ 

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#27 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:31

Yeah, that comment was from the POV of my healer, who I usually don't aoe with much.

AOE grinding makes everything so easy. I respeced to mage and AOE grinded in the temple. So much easier/faster than any other method. =/ 

should go to terenuka instead of temple its twice as fast :) 

stick to the raptors, crocks, and sssnath.. or what ever they are.  should be able to split them into 4 pulls and never have to wait for respawns. the place is a dream sucks i'm sure they're going to change it probably add stun/snare's to the mobs... 

#28 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:31

I think the cows should add mana leach mobs to it. :)

#29 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 15:07

stick to the raptors, crocks, and sssnath.. or what ever they are.  should be able to split them into 4 pulls and never have to wait for respawns. the place is a dream sucks i'm sure they're going to change it probably add stun/snare's to the mobs... 

Instead of adding stuns and snares to every mob in the game, why not just remove all AOE skills? I don't get why HC hates AOE farming so much. I don't get why they need to punish solo players either.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#30 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 15:27

Please don't change anything yet.  After reading 2 pages of discussion, I'm so looking forward to seeing this area for myself :)

Edited by Irradiated, 03 May 2014 - 15:28.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#31 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 17:11

Please don't change anything yet.  After reading 2 pages of discussion, I'm so looking forward to seeing this area for myself :)

yeah its awesome, except the temple wich can be a bit tough

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#32 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 18:22

Today started Betex, I like doing quests instead of grindin but if Taranaka is worse than Betex then please do something xD

P.S. Anyone want run with me in Betex :D?

Edited by Simeonus, 03 May 2014 - 18:23.

#33 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 23:05

Today started Betex, I like doing quests instead of grindin but if Taranaka is worse than Betex then please do something xD

P.S. Anyone want run with me in Betex :D?

as a prophet i had worse time in betex then in taranuka ( not counting taranuka temple died like 3 times there)

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#34 InHaste

InHaste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 16:28

i just started Taranuka yesterday and I for one am definently skipping it, the whole 30 minutes I was in there was just total chaos and honestly, really stupid. WAY overpopulated, impossible to aoe anything in there even as ranger, and now I'm left with about a million exp to grind for level 43...

I highly doubt they will change anything but good lord, after all the people that were lv40 before the expansion surpassed this area by teaming up, it left all of us lower levels who were working our way up with no one to team up with. Yeah, brilliant. 

My only suggestion, give us a computer controlled npc that fights with us, and does ACTUAL damage, not 400-600 hp like every 2 seconds. More like 1000 damage per second. 

If I had to rate this realm, 3/10. On the other hand Azraq Desert was very enjoyable and I loved questing there :)

LazyAF - Ranger - Level 45

InHaste - Healer - Level 32

3721425.png

#35 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:31

this place sacred the shit out of me and even does now. 

i love it!

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#36 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 21:53

I enjoyed Taranuka very much!  It was difficult but doable.  I soloed most of it, probably could have soloed all of it.  But, yes, it was fun and a little faster to run some of it with 1 or 2 other players.  Why exactly should all content be AoE-able?? 

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#37 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:43

I love taranuka!! I just wish I could stop breaking the npc's there,and in azraq desert.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#38 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:17

Soloed the entire area as ranger, even the temples, and didn't even need shield.  Didn't die a single time, but had to use 200-ish level 40 hp pots.  While the mobs are so thick, don't really see it as an aoe grind area, most are ranged/hurt a lot to survive bigger pulls.  It's great for single-target killing (which I like more), but since there's no higher drop rate for the area, even the super-high-hp-for-a-normal-mob enraged agamas, I'll probably never return to this area again.  In terms of story wise content, it's nothing to talk about.  But enjoyed the challenge of soloing everything with the difficulty (through numbers), which is not bad once in a while.  

I'm guessing this place would not be bad for warriors with flame rush, assassin's with eclipse, just rush the enemy and single target to death in a blink, repeat.  Or mages who can just trade range for range attacks.  Will probably be hell for templars and prophets though since mobs will pretty much spawn before they clear out an area.  

Edited by Alteration, 15 May 2014 - 05:18.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: