Photo

First boss ARG! :D

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2014 - 23:08

Loved this, took so much teamwork and dedication... please whatever you do, don't nerf it!  :)

grotto.jpg

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 23:10

that was the best boss which i ever did, ;) i love this, dont change it :)

Edited by Dasan, 07 May 2014 - 23:12.

#3 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 23:11

OMG was the most used word, for future groups i advise not to talk in chat( like i did) while fighting it i got us a wipe and not going in before tank(like i did) ...

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2014 - 23:30

got dibs on spot if someone leaves group, lol

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 23:54

Second boss defeated INTENSE

Pic under

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 00:30

Second boss pretty straight forward, Rumble also seems like a buffed up version of the normal grotto so should be fine too. Unfortunately our Tank and Healer had to leave so I guess we try tomorrow. 

Thanks to everyone in the group for this, was some of the most fun I have had since I started playing.  :D

#7 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:07

4 or 5 hours in the dongeon (with L3fty's help) and you guys didnt even finish it..

we dont have the same definition of fun.

#8 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:15

4 or 5 hours in the dongeon (with L3fty's help) and you guys didnt even finish it..

Excuse me, but we worked it all out on our own... L3fty can confirm that if he wishes to.

In regards to the first boss... now we have done it and got our strategy he will be much easier tomorrow. The time was spent working out how to do it, with lots of smoke breaks in between. Two of our group had to leave after we got wiped twice on Rumble, but they were silly mistakes which probably came from fatigue!  :P

This dungeon can be done within an hour I think, which is fine. Our group will run it daily where possible, so I will report back with a more accurate completion time once we get into our routine.

#9 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:05

L3fty's help was for telling us to stay on purple spots... strategy was to avoid them before that...

We just beated it too after few tries... was pretty fun but will be complicate to explain to all noob :/

Lets try second boss now...

Edited by Maquiboy, 08 May 2014 - 03:05.

#10 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:11

First boss injoy able, Last boss annying lack of dps - healing stone pop's on not geting to it burning it down fast nuf not sure posisble for group of lvl 40 geated player compelte that boss do to DPS need take out stone as well keep every one alive!

Over all love Crtsal and drop aoe skill healing stone is bit much, Speacil for group say who running around lvl 40 gear ruffly what most who enter will have unless have ;lvl 45 gear running dungen scaled to lvl 45 gear not account lvl 40 geared dps, Small tweek with healing tower thing not heal him full health 30 sec's bit op over all injoyable.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#11 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:05

We have same issue as you mongo. Group member left at last boss due to needing sleep (trying to find replacement DPS). Can we nerf peoples sleep patterns pls HCS?

Seriously though, LOVE the new mechanics for the first boss (havent tried normal RG yet but have heard it is similar, but less).

When lvl 50 is here

#12 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:19

L3fty was not helping us we found out on six wipe what we needed to do. 

we were tired to do rumble arg and the aoe is a bit op i have all defined gems,  and critical aoe simply kills me( i need to work out the rotation between redemption snow and bene so i dont die by bad luck) 

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#13 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:00

And Btw i did not notice kaur and quartanos but rumble is level 47, so we need 5ppl to kill a  giant hp(40million? cant remmeber) world boss that we normally use 20 - 30 people with 5

Edited by Susej, 08 May 2014 - 08:01.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#14 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:28

Mongo did figure Quartanos out, I just confirmed it ;)

There is a little bug with his puddles if he resets while puddles are up, I'm fixing that now. The only thing I want to balance with Quartanos ascended at the moment is the puddle radius, as people using WASD may have trouble standing on them accurately. It's all quite open for discussion though.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#15 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:35

i bit off topic here lefty but talking about WASD control not standing on them accurately, i still think the map is still out of sink since the WASD was done. there's still place's on the map where i should be able to stand but can not. EG: standing next to a boulder, one side a can stand right next to it but the other side it won't let me stand that close to it.

if you want me to start a new thread i will.

#16 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:52

There is a little bug with his puddles if he resets while puddles are up, I'm fixing that now. The only thing I want to balance with Quartanos ascended at the moment is the puddle radius, as people using WASD may have trouble standing on them accurately. It's all quite open for discussion though.

:( not only mongo i figured out we needed to stand on them mongo figured we needed to stand IN ALL at the same time, ok he fugured it out lol

L3fty i had only one option stop using wasd after it we were able to beat quartanos, its impossible to stand correctly.

So no discussion we simply need to use the mouse, nuff said

Edited by Susej, 08 May 2014 - 09:53.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#17 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:56

Ascended dungeons are meant to be some of the hardest content in the game right? I think you guys have moved in the right direction with ascended grotto, I love it and would hate to see any nerfs before more testing.  :)

So no discussion we simply need to use the mouse, nuff said

I also agree with Sus. If you make the radius bigger, you would instantly make it alot easier for anyone who clicks to move.

#18 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:57

we got to rumble on ascended...bit of an ass but a little tweaking and we can do it

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#19 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:04

L3fty's help was for telling us to stay on purple spots... strategy was to avoid them before that...

We just beated it too after few tries... was pretty fun but will be complicate to explain to all noob :/

Lets try second boss now...

We have same issue as you mongo. Group member left at last boss due to needing sleep (trying to find replacement DPS). Can we nerf peoples sleep patterns pls HCS?

Seriously though, LOVE the new mechanics for the first boss (havent tried normal RG yet but have heard it is similar, but less).

we got to rumble on ascended...bit of an ass but a little tweaking and we can do it

Yeah it is the most fun I have personally had on any boss, the first one. Rumble can be beat I think, we are gonna hopefully try it again today... you guys should too! so we can all give feedback on it.  :D

#20 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:15

Yeah I think we can do it. We figured out a way with 2 tanks after maq left (but then lahara and I had to leave). Not ideal with 2 tanks either, so will get to a way with only 1...

First boss though, once you crack it, its awesome :)

When lvl 50 is here

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: