Photo

can you turn off double xp at higher levels now

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:20

kthx

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#2 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:15

:P why must you ramble on so much slip with massive paragraphs. Get to the point already :P

#3 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:17

drunk-ron-swanson-tv-funny-dancing.gif

#4 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:20

Double exp is fine.. well should be a bit less, they are increasing level cap anyhow. need to make it easier to reach there.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#5 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:25

yeah sure lets all hit level 50 in 2 days...finish the dungeons for gear in a week with double relics..then moan again cause theres bugger all to do.   awsum.

#6 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:53

Thanks for your feedback on the new experience rates, we will continue to monitor them.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#7 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:02

wait.gif?w=393&h=207anchorman-say-what.gif doubling things isnt the solution to everything.  :mellow:

#8 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:12

Thanks for your feedback on the new experience rates, we will continue to monitor them.

Against double XP.

I enjoy quests at level.  I already skip early content and any rested XP to keep it even close.  And grinding at higher levels should be part of the experience, whether mobs, dungeons, skills, arena, or PvP.  It is difficult to get groups (making some leveling methods difficult), but that's a function of the player population.  Double XP won't fix it.

Also, the occasional player already can get rested XP.  So this really benefits heavy players the most, not the ones who could use it.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#9 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:28

lol at slips reactions. Priceless. The game will lvl you up while offline next, and he will snap :P

#10 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:39

Am i the only one not mad at the better exp rates  :blink: because i see no change while grinding.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#11 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:42

you didnt happen to wonder why 9/10ths of the population were on alts all weekend?

#12 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:54

If your not enjoying the game. Just leave.

previously:

#13 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:57

I did a timed test this morning on my character. Bear in mind I have supporter. I spent twenty minutes grinding mobs and earned just under 10% of a level at level 35; with handing in one quest included. Granted I play these games like your more casual player, one or two mobs at a time.

At that rate you're talking around 3 hours of grinding to get a level at the mid range of the game. So before the recent change you're talking significantly longer than that if not quite twice as long. Look at other MMO's on the market and you would get multiple levels in that time through the same style of play. I'm of the opinion that previously our exp rates have been prohibitive to the vast majority of players.

This change is to try and keep lower levels in the game for longer, we will look at the actual retention numbers over the coming weeks and can see (through science!) if it is working as the game needs it to.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#14 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:02

yeah sure lets all hit level 50 in 2 days...finish the dungeons for gear in a week with double relics..then moan again cause theres bugger all to do.   awsum.

2 days? What are you on about. Im sure both me and mongo will reach cap withing a few hours :D

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#15 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:13

so if its retention for lower levels why the higher level mob increase? surely a guy who bothered to level to 20 would have a good chance of carrying on past that.

#16 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:22

TBH I really want to see this amazing exp BOOST! you guys are speaking of because I'm leveling a lot slower than I was first week of Eldevins launch.Keep in mind I have no boosters no rested exp, not even a supporter buff which you guys probably have.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#17 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:48

As the devs are reading this post.

I'd like to say, you need to add more ways to gain levels.

Grinding the mobs is the only way to get levels atm. you can say dungeons also but that's just ugh exp rates.

Also pvp arenas for exp are just a no no.

You need to add more ways to obtain weapons and armour. I am not saying as good weapons as from dungeons.

But a little less that dungeons would be surely a good way to gear up for dungeons.

Edited by xpwaste, 18 August 2014 - 12:48.

previously:

#18 Vaetyr

Vaetyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:53

It's funny to see people with all the vip options on againt's no supporter one's...
If for HARDCORE players who spend 24 hour's of they time to level up and play okay it's one mode to play the game.

But like l3fty and Lester said people who don't want spend time/Money with this game don't get all the benefit's of a supporter (like it supossed to do) but to keep their attention is okay to do that.

Not everyone want get sick of force grind just to say - i told ya -

Im okay with 2x experience...

#19 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 13:09

Yes , I agree with xpwaste, this game is too dungeon oriented sometimes I feel like logging on and by playing solo and find a amazing weapon just like the ones in dungeon, it could be amazing in its own way like have a strong enchantment, just don't feel like going through the hassle of finding groups to get a good drop.It takes certain type of players that can deal with grinding tons of mobs , most people will quit at the time needed to gain a level, I don't see a problem with a exp increase if there really is one.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#20 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 13:29

Xero--Just to correct you, there isn't double XP in effect. We've boosted XP for the early levels of the game in a bid to help new players enjoy the game more, get invested and hopefully play for longer. I'm sure everyone will appreciate we want to make an effort to increase player population.

all the way to 45 is early levels?

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: