Photo

WTF is with the BT dungeon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 13:45

In all other dungeons I get loads of weapon and armor from the bosses. In BT I have gotten nothing but gems. 6 runs have I done now, and got 7 gems as drop from the bosses. Don't they drop anything else?

10 gems now. This is too stupid.

Edited by Falbal, 08 April 2015 - 13:53.

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 13:51

Yeah they do drop weapons; 'tis how I paid my repair bill when running through there for my gear.  :lol:

#3 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 13:58

Yeah they do drop weapons; 'tis how I paid my repair bill when running through there for my gear.  :lol:

8 runs now, and I haven't seen one weapon from the bosses, only normal weapon from the low level monsters.

Is this again some discrimination against players who prefer to do dungeons solo?

Edited by Falbal, 08 April 2015 - 14:00.

#4 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:10

Is this again some discrimination against players who prefer to do dungeons solo?

I do dungeons nearly exclusively solo (only with 1 partner on rare occasions, never a multiple player group), and I got weapons on those solo runs.

#5 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:25

I do dungeons nearly exclusively solo (only with 1 partner on rare occasions, never a multiple player group), and I got weapons on those solo runs.

From bosses?

#6 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:34

From bosses?

Yes. Gems, weapons, or nothing. Have gotten them all. Sometimes the RNG just has a stingy streak. :P

#7 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:52

I did BT group story runs, so much better then solo. I used to solo this game then got sick of it. It's horrible you only get 2 relics for that long tedious run. lol

If you need me, I'll be hiding in the forest. ;)

#8 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:52

Well, I am dropping this. 4 more runs and 7 more gems.

Last time I set foot in there. :angry:

#9 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 15:01

I did BT group story runs, so much better then solo. I used to solo this game then got sick of it. It's horrible you only get 2 relics for that long tedious run. lol

That is irrelevant. I am ONLY playing solo, ever.

#10 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 15:07

yeah....story mode used to drop items and glimmering gems alot but now they nerf story mode and this is what you have....

The world is cruel...as will I....

#11 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 15:13

yeah....story mode used to drop items and glimmering gems alot but now they nerf story mode and this is what you have....

I am getting pretty tired of their discrimination against solo players. We don't get remnants, we don't get 100% drops from bosses, we don't get boots, there are quests I can't complete in solo mode, we don't even get solo mode for the newest dungeons, and now this crap with nothing but gem drops from bosses.

I am extremely close to deleting my account.  This game is beginning to suck big time. :angry:

#12 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 15:49

I am getting pretty tired of their discrimination against solo players. We don't get remnants, we don't get 100% drops from bosses, we don't get boots, there are quests I can't complete in solo mode, we don't even get solo mode for the newest dungeons, and now this crap with nothing but gem drops from bosses.

I am extremely close to deleting my account.  This game is beginning to suck big time. :angry:

Your choice for playing solo then when the game is designed to be played in a group.. consider yourself lucky there is even a story mode to begin with..

There is no discrimination from HCS at all.. you chose to play it the way you do so deal with it

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#13 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 16:20

story mode was only intended as an alternative to gain relics. 

all the rest that may drop in there is just small additions. 

I don't know if they have since nerfed it from the first nerf shortly after they came out since I haven't done a story bt or rg in a long time however rems and boot drops were never part of any story mode.  when I did as to BT for example, sometimes I would get a drop from a boss and sometimes I wouldn't.  but I do know they nerfed the boxes that drop in there as to not all bosses drop them anymore like they did when it first came out.   unless they nerfed it again in the past few months you may just be having bad luck with that for some reason but I don't know.

the reason they only drop gloves is because the idea is to encourage players to group together just as in most mmos that only have one mode of dungeon as a group.  well ok I can't say most since I haven't played tons of mmo's but many are set up this way.

I did story mode BT and then some RG to break it up some when that came out to finish my set and I had solo'd a lot of runs to get my set.  I did some group runs as well and had no subs.  I decided to just save up relics for the boots too in case I didn't get a drop from group runs which is an option.   I didn't expect anything quickly so it took me a long time and I know there are players who would rather not have it take a long time however those were my options and I personally was ok with it.

this is the first game I played that had same dungeons with option to play a solo mode one.  while it's limited it's really again an option they added later on so sorry but I don't see HC changing this.

games can't accomandate all player styles of game play but I think HC has given it a pretty good try.  I just personaly don't expect them to have everything that we all may want just to make us want to play.  comes down to trying things out and also seeing what helps balance out game play though it's always going to be imperfect in some way because everyone will have a different play style and opinion on what will make any game better or worse.

I know your very big on the solo concept and there probably are other players feel the same however we all have a choice to play or not to play.  either you enjoy the game or you don't and then it's your choice to continue or not to continue.

I enjoy both so I do both and have done so since I started last year.  I just never understand why players feel making threats or raging to making it known they may quit or whatever when it's simply a choice so if they are going to not enjoy the way something is they might as well find something they do so they don't have to feel frustrated about it.

jmho

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#14 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 16:32

While story mode was to combat players who couldn't get dunegon runs, the nerfs to me had made it worthless in terms of getting at least weapons for the classes hence you still need dunegon mode get the best items....heck, before the nerfs, the story mode dunegons dropped hybrid items.....yeah the rolls are random but atleast you have up to date gear.....

But story mode has helped me in terms of getting relics I needed to complete my set but I had to run with others to do it...so you either have to play of other people or just rely off drops from mobs.

#15 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 16:54

I got around 100gold+repair bills/hour while I was farming for my lvl 45 gear. Gems and some random weapons and gloves. Obviously story mode wont give u as good weapons as dungeon mode.

Edited by AwiesGoesRawr, 08 April 2015 - 16:54.

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#16 Cilan

Cilan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 17:05

Hey, look! Falbal is complaining again. And again he thinks he is being discriminated against because the game designers won't make terrible, illogical decisions in favour of people who choose to play the game incorrectly.

What a surprise!

#17 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 17:13

Hey, look! Falbal is complaining again. And again he thinks he is being discriminated against because the game designers won't make terrible, illogical decisions in favour of people who choose to play the game incorrectly.

What a surprise!

Its Judgement time!

#18 Cilan

Cilan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 18:05

Its Judgement time!

We prefer the term "evaluation".

q36PZRD.gif

#19 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 19:08

The issue with story mode loot was only partially the drops themselves.  The real issue was allowing story mode groups.  Story mode should equal solo mode.  I really don't see the harm in having slightly better loot drops, including even the occasional remnant, if players can't power farm it as a group.  Certainly group instances should remain more profitable.  But that doesn't mean we can't show the solo player a bit of love.

Although if you only play solo, no group dungeons or PvP, you really don't need the best gear.

(FYI, my opinion on story mode because I like to hear myself talk.  I think they should implement story mode on all dungeons for that occasional solo player.  With story = solo, it doesn't hurt other players.  For myself, I enjoy doing each instance solo one time.  After that, unless desperate, I'll skip it if I can't get a group.)

Edited by Irradiated, 08 April 2015 - 19:08.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#20 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 19:28

While story mode was to combat players who couldn't get dunegon runs, the nerfs to me had made it worthless in terms of getting at least weapons for the classes hence you still need dunegon mode get the best items....heck, before the nerfs, the story mode dunegons dropped hybrid items.....yeah the rolls are random but atleast you have up to date gear.....

But story mode has helped me in terms of getting relics I needed to complete my set but I had to run with others to do it...so you either have to play of other people or just rely off drops from mobs.

yah I guess it depends on what class because I can only speak about ranger so far having only my ranger that level and they are doable with that class especially if you have wolf to help tank last boss.

as to the drops.  been so long can't remember all the drops tbh though the best weapons that do drop in those only drop in dungeons and were not included with story mode anyway.  for example the crossbow.

oh and also story modes did help some of us gain gold. I"m not huge on grinding and never really did a lot of selling so I did grind some story modes for gold and still will if I need some.  it's about the only way i built some funds.   basically that's how I would make back some gold since I don't sell or buy ep from other players or buy gold like in cash shop.

ofc we can make better gold through rewards, wb weeklies etc at 45 + levels but I still am glad for story for that if I need to put some funds back.

Edited by Blissy, 08 April 2015 - 19:32.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: