Photo

WTF is with the BT dungeon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#21 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 19:36

The issue with story mode loot was only partially the drops themselves.  The real issue was allowing story mode groups.  Story mode should equal solo mode.  I really don't see the harm in having slightly better loot drops, including even the occasional remnant, if players can't power farm it as a group.  Certainly group instances should remain more profitable.  But that doesn't mean we can't show the solo player a bit of love.

Although if you only play solo, no group dungeons or PvP, you really don't need the best gear.

(FYI, my opinion on story mode because I like to hear myself talk.  I think they should implement story mode on all dungeons for that occasional solo player.  With story = solo, it doesn't hurt other players.  For myself, I enjoy doing each instance solo one time.  After that, unless desperate, I'll skip it if I can't get a group.)

LOL mel.  that's a cool trick if you can hear yourself talk writing a forum post!  but then again I swear I hear you as I read it so now I know what you sound like heheee :P jk jk

yah I see your point however the debate goes on and I just kind of doubt HC will change that any time soon.  then again unlike some games I see that HC does read forums and considers players posts even if we don't always see the results some of us may want.  so whether we agree or disagree with another players ideas, suggestions and opinions I don't think we should knock anyone down for having them but free debate and exchange of opinions is what it's all about imho.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#22 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 19:39

I have done BT lots of times solo as I am not often able to commit to group runs due to my dog being poorly so have to go and see to her without notice.

I tend to get weapons and gloves in about 30-40% of the loot overall, the rest has been fair gems. There does seem to be a higher gem to weapon drop rate compared to other dungeons.

There has been times I have had just one loot drop on a run, and other times have had 4 or 5 drops. Likewise, I may get a few runs where theres only gems, then others where I get several weapons and gloves instead.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#23 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 19:50

Hey, look! Falbal is complaining again. And again he thinks he is being discriminated against because the game designers won't make terrible, illogical decisions in favour of people who choose to play the game incorrectly.

What a surprise!

What is this rubbish about playing incorrectly? You people are stupid with your silly groups. Why the hell do you think that is the only correct way to play? Why is five people playing together supposed to be better off than one person playing alone?

I am tired of this rubbish. I am looking elsewhere for a game that lets people play the way they want, and don't force them into silly groups with annoying strangers.

There, both of my characters deleted. I have wasted enough time on this. :angry:

Edited by Anakiro, 09 April 2015 - 08:16.
Language

#24 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 20:20

I know you have quit. But would just like to say that it is a fact that dungeons were designed and intended for groups. No amount of whinging will change that fact. Like others have said, story mode was added MUCH later as a way for solo players to get relics and complete story quests.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#25 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 22:11

As ern says, storymode was introduced for those that can't get groups to complete quests, wasn't put there for remnants and gear, that's just an added bonus :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#26 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 23:55

What is this rubbish about playing incorrectly? You people are stupid with your silly groups. Why the hell do you think that is the only correct way to play? Why is five people playing together supposed to be better off than one person playing alone?

I am tired of this rubbish. I am looking elsewhere for a game that lets people play the way they want, and don't force them into silly groups with annoying strangers.

There, both of my characters deleted. I have wasted enough time on this. :angry:

*sniffs* ah the smell of no more rubbish is beautiful already

Edited by Anakiro, 09 April 2015 - 08:17.
Language

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#27 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:30

Go make your own game if you don't like this game!

Go make it with a TON of fancy items dropped in solo dungeon mode, so people will never think about teamwork and the pain of death.

Teamwork taught me that there is no single BEST PLAYER

But pain of death taught me that I have to be BETTER

#28 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:21

oh wow, take back what I said or you were a prime example of how childess some can be when expressing their opinion about something.  you took it to a I'm gonna rage and call everyone stupid for having a different opinion then me.   of course I realize you quit so I"m not posting a response for you but all that said and done you should have just decided this isn't the type of game for you and find something you would enjoy. 

I don't really know any mmo ( correct me if I'm wrong) where group play in some form or another isn't part of the deal.  Single player games is just that.  maybe this was your first mmo and was used to single player games ( non mmo's) which seem more suitable for your style of playing.

I've played a few and looked at countless others (trying some out for short time to maybe few months time) and they all seem to eventually have some kind of group interaction.

You seem to have expected this game to have the option to do all things solo and gain all things the same way however I have yet to know a game that does this but again I haven't played every game in exsistance as to MMO/MMORPG's.

p.s perhaps you should try private server games. where everything is easy for everyone and you can level up in a day and ....oh wait even those take some group interactions lol ....

Edited by Blissy, 09 April 2015 - 20:23.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#29 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:48

If you are still reading this Falbal, for what it's worth... I agree with you (although your points were not made in the most diplomatic way) :P

If my name was not Mongo, I had not played since the beginning of beta and joined the game tomorrow... I am pretty sure I would give up on Eldevin after not being able to find a group (instantly) to run dungeons. The only thing that would encourage me to keep playing would be the solo option.

Even if I could find a group, the chances are very small that said group would be full of people I enjoy playing the game with on a regular basis. I was lucky to be in from the start and form alliances with some great players (my idea of a great player is first and foremost a nice and fun person).

Solo play should remain an attractive part of Eldevin, it should even be expanded on in my opinion. The most important thing though, should be that running dungeons in a group should ALWAYS be the most profitable option. Profitable meaning the amount of time/risk put in = better rewards than solo play.

I have never, ever had a problem getting a group and am sure many other players found it just as easy as me. We should though, put ourselves in the position of players who can not, or do not want to play dungeons in groups.

My feeling is that for the long term success of the game, solo content needs to be here, but It needs to be balanced against group content and remain less lucrative.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#30 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:56

Solo play should remain an attractive part of Eldevin, it should even be expanded on in my opinion. The most important thing though, should be that running dungeons in a group should ALWAYS be the most profitable option. Profitable meaning the amount of time/risk put in = better rewards than solo play.

Mongo the wordsmith!

Agreed x100000

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#31 Cilan

Cilan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:12

If you are still reading this Falbal, for what it's worth... I agree with you (although your points were not made in the most diplomatic way) :P

Already, you two are at a massive disagreement.

#32 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:03

This game was designed as MMO. HCS took into consideration those people who had difficulties finding groups for dungeon runs, due to pre Steam player base as well as off hours inactivity. HCS provided Story Mode mainly as an accommodation for this, which also resulted in, and is now accepted as, a slight alternative (not a replacement) to MMO. To allow those in Story mode to have anywhere near the same rewards would totally defeat the purpose of the MMO model. If that's what you really want, then just go get an RPG game for your console system, or just enjoy Story mode for what it is. I play a lot of Solo and I am happy for the times I can have solitude, especially after long stints of grouping.

Edited by zargon, 10 April 2015 - 04:22.

#33 oxye

oxye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:45

Gosh I wish I was level 45 by now.

#34 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2015 - 14:55

The weeklies and story mode are responsible for killing off dungeon groups. When running dungeons was all we had, with no alternatives, we didn't have nearly as much problem making teams. Now we have people that only run their dungeon once a week, coupled with those that make more money running story mode. I am not surprised that there are huge problems now. But that's the opposite end of the problem.

The problem with story mode is story mode itself. It should have never existed. And if it absolutely needed to, it should have only been for the low level dungeons. If it never existed, then we wouldn't get complaints about drops. Instead he would have been playing in groups, like we did before all this mess started.

I can't let this topic go without talking about the general agenda of HC to kill all solo content in the game. It's been happening since the game went live. You can't have an MMO with absolutely no solo content. There are people that love to spend hours just hunting for loot. However, HC has always been consistently attempting to make this impossible. They nerf drops indirectly (adding more fusion powder effectively waters down the loot pool), they add more useless gems so the chance of obtaining a useful one is reduced, they add ranged, sorcery, stun and snare attacks to almost all the mobs in the game past a certain level, so that it's nearly impossible to find any AOE grinding area outside of dungeons. They increase green loot drops, which is good, since we couldn't even pay repair fees before, but that also dilutes gem drops.

The game is nothing more than instance running once a week, once you've finished your crafting and leveling. That's the current state of the game.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#35 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 13:59

Game has a lot group stuff ---> Servers have 100-200 players tops during the rush days. 

WE NEED MORE END-GAME SINGLE PLAYER STUFF!

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#36 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 May 2015 - 15:39

If my name was not Mongo, I had not played since the beginning of beta and joined the game tomorrow... I am pretty sure I would give up on Eldevin after not being able to find a group (instantly) to run dungeons. The only thing that would encourage me to keep playing would be the solo option.

Even if I could find a group, the chances are very small that said group would be full of people I enjoy playing the game with on a regular basis. I was lucky to be in from the start and form alliances with some great players (my idea of a great player is first and foremost a nice and fun person).

I have never, ever had a problem getting a group and am sure many other players found it just as easy as me. We should though, put ourselves in the position of players who can not, or do not want to play dungeons in groups.

My feeling is that for the long term success of the game, solo content needs to be here, but It needs to be balanced against group content and remain less lucrative.

Come Back! We misses you :wub:

Bring zookie back too!!!

#37 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 17:12

lol :o

If you need me, I'll be hiding in the forest. ;)

#38 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 May 2015 - 21:21

To start with BT DGN Fact i know not runing DGN but story mode.

That there says all that is needed.

any as far story mode was over powered start with then nerf it to hell, Over all story mode ment for those having hard time get Quest done, As far as added relic gains added bonus + drop sadly still better then world.

Over all little point in doing any thing in world for loot - weath fame.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#39 Auron FFX

Auron FFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:25

Story mode is exactly what it says on the tin "Story Mode". I believe it is intended more for players who must clear the dungeon in order to advance in the storyline.

May the odds be ever in your favor

hWtBGE5.gif
My wiki user page

#40 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:18

You dug up a 4 month old post to comment something that was repeated constantly through out the thread. Why?

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: