108 replies to this topic

#81 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:10

Yes I know the Cows said no to any epic sets, it's just an idea to throw out (maybe we could spin stuff from it).

I'm just trying to brainstorm things here but, I do agree. Any changes to epics (or RP items to make epics) will make prices rise and perhaps with some items, fall.

Like I said before, we have recipes to change one epic to another (mace to flail, armor to boots). Why not use both titan epics + RP items to get another kind of epic?

I know by using RP items to enhance a select few epics will cause other epic prices to go up but, I think it might be good. You'd have a chance to fail in making the new improved epic (to help reduce epics and RP items in the game). Maybe it will get more activity in the FS community with new players coming back.

Or, instead of RP items, crystalline items (keeping the epics non-crystalline though reduced durability on the epic). Furthermore, no crystalline item with 50 or less durability left could be used to make the new item.

This would be for select titan drops and, would help get rid of crystalline gear in the game. Opinions on this idea?

#82 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 23:02

Thanks for the elaboration there ;) - you also said "I'm pretty sure it's 1:1" :P

:shock: Looks like I contradicted myself then.

So how many epics do you have stockpiled you're trying to sell?
No matter how much you try to defend it. You clearly want the prices to go up.

On Topic:
New "INVENTABLE" epics is a great idea. But keep it the same as current inventable epics. Use NON-EPIC items to create an epic item. It can even be something crazy like say 20 different items + 30 different componants + 2,500,000 Gold. Why not? Great gold sink. Creates value for otherwise useless discarded items/componants. Who says it has to be legendary items to create it? Make it inventable using items found through everyday farming? Obviously if this were the case it would have to be a lower stat epic in comparison to current Epics, but this will give those poor blokes the chance to have an epic of their own.

Take a look at what legendaries are hugely over populated and/or underused in the game. Throw those in as resources for a recipe. Crystallines? Sure why not.

I know back in the day Reborn Leaf Staff solds for tons of FSP. now? 10 or less easy. That means the current inventable epics are hugely circulated and the only real focused inventable item. Add more, give inventors something to do instead of making the same current epics over and over, until the market becomes so over saturated that people will stop bothering to make them period.

#83 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:30

So how many epics do you have stockpiled you're trying to sell?

I currently only have a Bobanarts Skull that I'm selling, nothing other than that. I'm not a fan of longer term investments.

No matter how much you try to defend it. You clearly want the prices to go up.

Where in this forum have I made any implication that I want them to go up?
This change WILL make the prices go up as demand increases and supply decreases. Just one of the effects in the chain that go along with this change.

#84 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:07

YES I agree the RP farmers and TITAN hunting guild would benefit the most with prices going up. But I highly doubt they would go up that much, as I dont think that many new epics would be invented.
Eye of Ouroboros 14 total in game
Helm of the Flaming Mind 21 in game
Breastplate of Obsidian Ribs 20 in game

They are expensive to make!

#85 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 13:23

YES I agree the RP farmers and TITAN hunting guild would benefit the most with prices going up. But I highly doubt they would go up that much, as I dont think that many new epics would be invented.
Eye of Ouroboros 14 total in game
Helm of the Flaming Mind 21 in game
Breastplate of Obsidian Ribs 20 in game

They are expensive to make!

And partly because they are not worth it. Only players that buy them usually is to say that they have them.
Ouroborus: same gains as Epidemicus
Flaming Mind: Not worth it because of Kojin at 1200 (Plus not much more gain that Tsuki)
Obsidian Ribs: (Same stats as Ridged Legion Breastplate) *Both not very popular*

#86 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 18:06

Some Epic item areas to think about with the recipe idea:
Gloves: 1000 or 1500-1700
Helmets: I think we are good there unless adding a 200-300 would be popular
Amulets: 1000-1700
Weapons: 1400-1700
Armor: 300-500 and/or 1500-1700
Shield: 1100-1700
Ring: 500 and/or 900-1700
Boots: 1400-1700
Rune: 1500-1700

Just some areas that may strike interest in the FS community.

#87 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:05

Thought I might give this a little bump

#88 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:50

Bump

#89 Nikita90

Nikita90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:25

I am all in favor of this idea actually. i still want to see something such as epic sets. very ahrd to invent or own or something. lets bring some expensive gear back into the game :D

#90 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2013 - 16:10

i still want to see something such as epic sets. very ahrd to invent or own or something.

The Cows said no to any epic sets.

Epic sets will not happen. 

#91 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 20:15

There won't be an Epic set, yes. But there are other possibilities available.

So far:

- recipe to make Epic a crystalline item (bigger upgrades with the fault that it can be destroyed)

- recipe to upgrade current Epics (Either Epic + Epic or Epic + RP)

Any other ideas out there?

#92 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 23:11

I am sure new epics will come out at some point in time, but probably not any time soon. Though on that note DEFENSE based HIGH level epics are long over due!

#93 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2013 - 20:51

Not necessarily. A price has already been established for established for each old Epic and will stay relatively the same no matter if this idea comes into play. The new Epics will be priced by those that want them. Simple supply and demand will set the price of the new items. Plus if Inventor 2 works with this, the prices will drop just as the RP Epics drop in price.

Apparently you've never met a merchant in FS before. You know, those guys who SIT on 10000 or so FSP just in case of an opprotunity to engage in price setting??? (price for Thornvine almost double a year ago with twice supply...) Not disparaging those guys, a few of them I like personally matter of fact...

But... price setting and buying up of all component epics WILL occurr. Supply of steadliy more obtainable epics plummets, due to mad dash to be first to make a HUGE profit on investment in inventing the new Epics... People will realize their skally boots redered second rate to cyclonus is a key component in the new Level 1500 Boots... how can you claim that having a better epic revolving around older ones won't spike prices? That arguement is totally against both logic as well as PROVEN track record of how this game operates... (Note how every time one peice form old LE/SE sets are worth WAY more than the rest???)

Not trying to be a jerk... I am, and apologize for coming across so rudely as I am... but I can't disagree with this more... Also, either way this has no bearing on me personally... but given that I remember the sense of frustration of having no epics of my own and the rice tag attached... even the prices the way they are now imo are too high and spawn rate too low for the cooldown to really be of effect. but that's irrelavent to this topic... In short... No, because price-setting via people sitting on high 4/5-digit FSP pools will seek to amplify that amount...

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#94 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 21:01

I was being ignorant when I first created this thread. I do realize there will be a price increase if this does happen, but I do think that this would be good if the older Epics were used to make newer Epics that were higher in levels.

Sure, the circulation of the Titan Epics is slow, but that still proves my point that there are more and more of these Epics coming into the game that could be used elsewhere in recipes rather than just create more Titan Epics.

#95 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 14:17

Bump.

Another idea would be to have some new Epics similar to Dragon Draped and Gnarled Scarab, series of Epics that need sequences of inventions to make.

#96 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 June 2013 - 18:34

Update the crappy inferno hammer

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#97 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:14

Update the crappy inferno hammer

+1 to that. Its junk.

#98 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:50

Another ideal is make your own stats of choosing example (The Mask of Terror) armor 2100 and damage 1400.  I want defense of 2100 and damage 1400. Could be a buff or fsp upgrade. Stats revert back if you put it on AH. That way none are removed and  prices continue to get cheaper, so more people can have them.

#99 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:54

pointless because of Omacaz potion. That would have been a GREAT idea if that pot hadn't come into the game. Not even using old / flooded epics as mats for other epics will work. Its a temporary fix .. just like adding more RP epics or adding more titans.

I'm sure titan hunters would love to break down their titan drops for RP materials or do a 1 for 1 trade for RP epics. If you did that to bring life back to titan hunting ... it would be at the cost of GvGing. That wouldn't fly with the community most likely.

#100 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:55

+1 to that. Its junk.

I thought it would be fodder for the composing update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users