Can we get an estimated release date for new content?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#1 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 19:47

Please?

#2 ss_cruciat

ss_cruciat
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 21:11

no post

#3 ss_supmet

ss_supmet
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2008 - 22:13

I estimate that the new content will be released between now and february

#4 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 00:12

I estimate that the new content will be released between now and february

Noting that supmet didn't specify a YEAR, I will agree with his estimate 8-) :P

Also, I'm more concerned about online stability of the game. The game has gone down once a few days ago for some hours. And today, a nice number of people couldn't access the game for an hour or two. Unless I missed it there was no compensation given to those who had buffs running and ended up loosing those buffs and alot of energy due to having planned on being on to use energy at that time.

So I'd rather know that I can actually count on being able to play the game before having the staff who would manage that rush on new content.

Cheers.

#5 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:55

Already decided to never donate again to FS.. and now sigma2, cause i do not have a GAME TO PLAY!..

? :?

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:45

Hi all,

We're estimating the next content to be available early January. Over the holidays we mainly provide support for the games. Also we do not wish to rush out the next content - we would rather it was of the highest quality with as few bugs as possible.

#7 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:56

delete

#8 ss_kycco

ss_kycco
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:17

Well it depends on how many people work on it and if its active to work on[/color

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[color=#0000FF] Hiya! I'm new and ready to play.

www2.army.mod.uk/.../soildertoday.jpg

#9 ss_moonbar

ss_moonbar
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:08

i hope we get guild structures and new items and try next time to give us reserve stam the next time it goes down without notice i lost about 100 energy or more not sure because of the down time:)

#10 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:11

so, early next year means at least another week without new content. interesting. :) what to do for 1 week. 8000 more energy point to waste LOL. give everyone chance to catch up though.

#11 ss_moonbar

ss_moonbar
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:15

but see noone went ahead and got 8000 energy lol espically wen they havent even made places past lv 50 maybe they shouldve got all the way to lv 70 before putting out the game

#12 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:16

Hi all,

We're estimating the next content to be available early January. Over the holidays we mainly provide support for the games. Also we do not wish to rush out the next content - we would rather it was of the highest quality with as few bugs as possible.

Well thx for letting me know... No wonder so many players don't last playing when a game first comes out. They simply get bored!

Two...

#13 ss_moonbar

ss_moonbar
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:23

yeah i think they shouldve let people that made it go in and play the game before releasing it it wouldve helped out alot

#14 ss_ninerian

ss_ninerian
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:56

To be objective: there are about 300 of us that are constantly, and consistently vying for the top spots in the game/in our months. Pretty much we are the only players each of us see when we are in-world. (some of us have been in the last area since the first day of the last update!!!). I think 300 is a fair estimate, about 100 of us already went through this realization of not enough content BEFORE the recent update, and have now mellowed to the fact of sub-leveling ad nauseum(at least, I have mellowed). But the need for objectivity comes in with the realization that there are over 100,000 players banging their ways up the ranks, not having the slightest concern in re a lack of content. It's not that the game is "for them, too" but, rather the game is"primarily for them."(because of the numerical disparity 300 v. 100,000)

Someone posted something about why we can't auto-repair, and I responded with something along the line of that was part of the difficulty of the game...well, I may just look at this continued prospect of sub-leveling as something to overcome as I/we overcame the difficulty of no auto-repair presented.

Good Luck & Cheer Up(I guess, lol)

#15 ss_impulse

ss_impulse
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:09

It's not that the game is "for them, too" but, rather the game is"primarily for them."(because of the numerical disparity 300 v. 100,000)

The game is not "for" anyone. It isn't giving benefits to one group of people over another. The fact that you've hit the end of content just means that you have to wait. Soon others of the 100k will hit that same block. Once you hit that block, you can, as you mentioned, sublevel, or pursue many of the other activities provided in the game, such as PvP or elite/champ/HK hunting.

As for someone else who said that they should have planned out 70 levels worth of content before leasing, how would that make any difference? If they had released 70 levels worth, we would get to 70 in a matter of weeks/months and be clamoring for more levels and blaming HCS for not preparing content up to 100. Its just a neverending cycle of complaints that HCS can't possibly keep up with.

#16 ss_ninerian

ss_ninerian
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:37

Impulse, when you stay in the same area for eight(eight!!) days, w/nothing to do, the game is not "for" you!! At the present highest level area we can't use portals to get back, so HK and Elite hunting entail the 1 to 3 minutes of hunting, and then "walking"all the way back. The game indeed, is for everyone. And that is the point that I was making. Those of us with nothing to do may want to root you level 20's on, and realize that we will be thumb-twiddling for sometime to come, ourselves :)

#17 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:35

delete

#18 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2008 - 15:23

delete

#19 ss_cruciat

ss_cruciat
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 15:57

no post

#20 ss_ninerian

ss_ninerian
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 16:10

Very good point, and very true! But, it is only a small part of the population that is being affected by "that of which we speak." It is just a shame that we are in that small part...(which is what I was burbling about, above) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: