• Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 17:49

FireFox Ver 3.0
http://www.mozilla.c...=osx&lang=en-US

Grease Monkey
https://addons.mozil...080609.0-fx.xpi

SS2 Helper(Needs Grease Monkey)
http://fallenswordhe...mhelper.user.js

OhNoes SS2 Add on(Minor conflicts with SS2helper read below)
http://ohnoes.izfree.com/index.html

Things about the add ons. (Conflicts and issues.)
Now with the ohnoes it over rides the no combat screen pop up. Now you can just double tap a number to get past this but then it will not show your combat results for that first monster.

The ohnoes does color the elites red but does not color the HK which I would like SS2 Hekper to do both that is handy for a hunter. So really I only use ohnoes for Elite/HK hunting

The "h" heal for your class button is very handy on the ohnoes. Also the Ohnoes gives numbers on the icons very handy.

Ohnoes gives the little SS2 Bottom Bar which is handy but annoying at the same time there needs to be a button to turn that off. Or more like the Fallensword 0.3.18 For FF just has the stamina timer on it in a small bubble with a drop down menu very stream line and discreet.

In no way did I make or help in making any of these I am just letting players know that they are out there for use.

#2 ss_peyrhonik

ss_peyrhonik
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 18:35

Hi Locutis (Tangtop?)....you should talk to OhNoes (DarkArchon) and see if there are any conflicts with your helpers...I'm afraid I wouldn't know if there is one, but since the likelihood is high that people will install both maybe between the two of you, you could let us know that everything will be alright :)

Or which one of yours is better lol

thx

#3 nestor

nestor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 19:00

And if you update the script please pay attention to the different coloring in FS and here. Its quite ... unreadable sometimes. Otherwise: nice features. Ill try both now.

#4 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 23:09

A few things here...

The browser is spelled Firefox, not FireFox.

I skimmed though your script, seems like you wrote up a script to 'kill all monsters on a square', I may be mistaken, and that may be some hidden feature that only certain people would know how to turn on. None the less, a kill all monsters feature would break the game ToS and can get you banned as well as anyone who uses this script/feature.

Furthermore, you make alot of requests to the server throughout any page load, I can only imagine the lag that would produce. :\

Lastly, .plantFromComponent that function as well as others checks for data which well doesn't exist in this game. I am *guessing* you just copied whatever script you made for FallenSword, and changed the @includes/@excludes of it.

I'd say overall, if you want your script to run legally, you may wanna go though and clean up some of it so that it isn't checking for things which don't exist, contain features which break the ToS, and lag out the game. Though if you'd rather have the extra lag associated with all the requests you are making, go ahead.

As for any comments about compatibility with my script and this one, I will not be using this script, so I will be unable to check if they interfere. (I have alot of plans for my script which will move it to another level of play speed).

Anyways good luck with your addon, I am not posting this to discourage people from using it, but rather so that you can improve upon what you have. I like the way you structured your methods throughout your script. Good luck with the addon.

#5 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 23:57

was this add-on approved by HCS ?

#6 ss_impulse

ss_impulse
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:08

was this add-on approved by HCS ?

The same add on with a few minor adjustments was approved by HCS on FS, but who knows about over here.

As for interference of any sorts, I have both installed, and I don't really run into much trouble. The only interference that happens constantly is when you press a,w,d,x to move, it registers twice, once from this plugin and once from OhNoes'. Another thing is monster killing, this one uses a system where it doesn't take you to another screen to view the battles, it just fights the battle and reports to you the outcome (EXP Gained, Money gained, and faction tax), while OhNoes' takes you to the battle page by tying your number pad to each monster. What this does is takes you to one battle that you chose while the rest of the monsters on your square are killed while you are on the battle screen of your first combat. Aside from that, I haven't found any other interferences.

----------------
Now playing: Everlast - Ends
via FoxyTunes

#7 ss_apeevolved

ss_apeevolved
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:44

Actually Impulse, this one also associates each creature with a number, it just doesn't display a number. I like this one very much, as it has many of the same features/functions made available in FS by the twin script. Some features aren't working yet, but i'm sure Locutus will eventually rescript them so they do.

The only thing i don't like is the background color changes in Faction Chat. Very annoying and makes it harder for me to read the faction's chat. I hope you get the time to address this Locutus.

Thank you very much.

#8 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:37

I've just created a ticket asking if we are permitted to use a "mass killing" script or not. Will keep you informed as soon as I get the answer. (NB: and indeed, it would be good if you "corrected" the chat room background color ;) I have also to turn your script off each time I want to check my faction chat room ;))

#9 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:06

Here is the answer:

Hi there,

The script has been revised and the features that we disapproved off have been removed so it is fine for you to download.

Regards,

Andrea Mackay,

Hunted Cow Support.

#10 ss_badjoe99

ss_badjoe99
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 13:23

This ad-on is very tempting, but I just want to make sure :

1- Does this feature really has 1-hit-all-kill button ?

2- What features does this ad-on has that OhNoes doesn't ?

#11 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 13:32

There is no more the 1-hit-all-kill button. HCS team prohibited it :(

#12 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 19:05

There is no more the 1-hit-all-kill button. HCS team prohibited it :(

good.

I'm still weary to try this one though because it doesn't seem as professional as OhNoes' add-on

to badjoe99's question:
I'm assuming that any useful feature in this add-on will be added to the OhNoes one eventually (at least as a preference)

#13 ss_mule

ss_mule
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 21:05

This ad-on is very tempting, but I just want to make sure :

1- Does this feature really has 1-hit-all-kill button ?

1) If I am reading the following quotes correctly... the answer is NO...

I've just created a ticket asking if we are permitted to use a "mass killing" script or not. Will keep you informed as soon as I get the answer. (NB: and indeed, it would be good if you "corrected" the chat room background color ;) I have also to turn your script off each time I want to check my faction chat room ;))

Here is the answer:
Hi there,

The script has been revised and the features that we disapproved off have been removed so it is fine for you to download.

Regards,
Andrea Mackay,
Hunted Cow Support.

2) I have no idea... except there was a post or 2 up further the chain where 1 or 2 people had both installed... Maybe ask them directly what differences are? :D

#14 ss_ironranger

ss_ironranger
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 23:00

Personally, I'll stick with OhNoes' script. It's been approved and works just fine for how I play the game. Not trying to banter anyone, but when I find something that works well, I stay with it. Never have been one to 'try' and kill everything in a square just to move on faster than anybody else. There's no fun in mass killing.

Just my $.02

#15 ss_skopos

ss_skopos
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 17:30

May we have an official word from the Sigma Storm team if this add-on is acceptable?

#16 ss_kiltear

ss_kiltear
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 19:55

I can't download Firefox to the PC at work, which is where I play most often. Is there an add on/script for IE?

#17 ss_apeevolved

ss_apeevolved
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:12

May we have an official word from the Sigma Storm team if this add-on is acceptable?

it was already approved --

Hi there,

Regards,
Andrea Mackay,
Hunted Cow Support.

I can't download Firefox to the PC at work, which is where I play most often. Is there an add on/script for IE?

No, IE sucks. :)

IE doesn't provide for add-ons, last i knew.

As to the differences, I would say this script still requires a bit of fine-tuning to make a clean conversion from FS. However, I communicated to the team and they've made corrections, so they're on it. One thing I definitely didn't like about this script was that the keyboard movement keys wouldn't work in a pvp area, forcing me to disable it in pvp areas (disabling the script simply required that i uncheck a mark within Greasemonkey via: Tools - Greasemonkey - Manage User Scripts). I haven't entered a pvp area since the last update to this script, so cannot say whether this has been resolved.

One thing i didn't like about Ohnoes script was that it would clash with the Greasemonkey script i used in Fallensword, so i would be forced to disable Ohnoes script and reboot firefox. A pain, to say the least (others mentioned similar problems, but it affected other keyboard-related scripts they used).

Assuming the pvp issue is resolved, this script provides everything offered by Ohnoes script, and more. I especially like the reports it provides, which helps me to obtain info that i can copy/paste to the website. I'll attempt to perform a breakdown of the differences at a later time.

#18 ss_apeevolved

ss_apeevolved
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:22

Alright, here it is. I honestly think Ohnoes should merge with this group. This script is managed by a team, not a single individual, and it is managed as a project.

http://code.google.c...per/issues/list

My issues with Ohnoes' script are:

1. It conflicts with other keyboard-defining scripts, including the commonly used Fallensword script created by the Fallenswordhelper team, forcing a person to disable the script and reboot firefox.

2. When i double-click on a number (to kill a creature), i cannot repeat this action without refreshing the screen (and please don't tell me this is what HCS wants, because i can double-click on a target via mouse and get a more effective non-refresh-required result).

3. It disables Open Area Map in the Fallensword script.

What Ohnoes' script provides is number pad use to kill creatures (sans double-clicking) and faction chat buff.

My issues with FSH script are:

1. No keyboard movement available in pvp (it is listed as a defect and they are planning on fixing this, as is noted on their items list).

2. No faction chat buff (it was previously active, but was recently deactivated to address a color scheme problem).

These two issues above are big, but once they address them, this script will be primetime.

What i like about this script is the extensive work they did with the Fallensword script being transitioned over to SS2. There are still some tweaking and content changes required, but they're fixing them at a very fast rate. In short, this script has plenty of configuration features and addiitonal screens that allow you to view your faction's data/items/etc.

Again, i really wish Ohnoes would join their team, combining the features of each into one clean script.

#19 ss_apeevolved

ss_apeevolved
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:39

Last post for today:

When i use both scripts together (Ohnoes and FSH), many of the bugs go away. The only one that does not is Open Area Map. It still disables the feature in Fallensword, and now also disables it in SS2. I have to disable one of the two scripts in order to pull up the map.

I think this is due to Ohnoes' script changing the function of that script to open up a tab, rather than open a separate window. If this were to be a feature we could disable, we would be able to use both scripts together.

#20 Coccinella

Coccinella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 16:27

Alright, here it is. I honestly think Ohnoes should merge with this group. This script is managed by a team, not a single individual, and it is managed as a project.

Well, the team is just two people, really. But googlecode rocks as a project management tool :)

Again, i really wish Ohnoes would join their team, combining the features of each into one clean script.

What I really like about greasemonkey scripts, is that you don't have to restart your browser every time you update your extension, so there can be a lot more and faster releases.

I guess the biggest problem of SSH right now is... me :) and the fact I haven't played much SS2 (I didn't even know about PvP areas)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: