Community Question

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 ss_mojawk

ss_mojawk
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2011 - 17:33

So as you are aware from the Announcement for the immediate future of Sigma. However we are aware a number of players wanted to break level 500 for the class skill it offers. Would the players be interested in a new high level realm with high level challenging creatures and perhaps limited item drops to allow further leveling past current end of content.

#2 ss_rebtex

ss_rebtex
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2011 - 17:42

Would be a better way to end it rather than just taunting us with what we can't have.

And would it hurt to add some sort of dramatic story ending?

#3 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 20:21

Yes please, something like that would have been great before, and having somewhere to go anytime when coming online was always asked for.

It has been suggested before, to do something like that, putting a high level creature in a Slaughterfest realm, so as to have a community place with a lot more activity, including PvP, which would have been a pull to get more active players here.

I know there's always been some animosity to PvP, but the severe lack of it here has always been a drawback.

Make the creatures challenging, very low item drop, or maybe even resource drop, inventing sets has always been the outstanding feature of SS2, and very much more so the HK sets, needing a concerted effort to hunt them.

Hopefully something will be come of this :)

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2011 - 20:24

So as you are aware from the Announcement for the immediate future of Sigma. However we are aware a number of players wanted to break level 500 for the class skill it offers. Would the players be interested in a new high level realm with high level challenging creatures and perhaps limited item drops to allow further leveling past current end of content.

Would much prefer an extra 60 levels of content and a BIG BAD boss at the end to defeat - maybe Hoof, for pulling the plug ? LOL.

But, beggars can't be choosers, so I'll take anything on offer..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 20:37

I agree, Pardoux, just thinking on the lines of if there is something for us to do, we can continue to help new players, while having something to do.

We have called out for years to have a place to go do something while waiting for stam, or just for those who don't want to always level, or don't have the opportunity to do so on a daily basis, but do have some time to while away every day.

I'd take 60 levels of content also, but as a lot of stuff never happened here, at least this is a little crumb :)

#6 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 August 2011 - 21:08

I'd like a straight finish to lvl 500 with a boss at the end to give the game an ending. That would make it complete, at least from a game play perspective, and leave it open ended so you can pick back up if you want or do a SS3 if you want to release sequels.

Siggycopy_zpsee681d02.png

Gothador - Devilishly Addictive! Play online now for free!

http://www.gothador....x.php?ref=69708

#7 Woopydoo

Woopydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 21:18

Id be all for the game ending at 500 with a good storyline to finish it off and a big boss ideally at the end would be very welcome, that way in the future there would be a chance then if things fell into place at HCS to bring out SS3 ;)

#8 Phyrexia

Phyrexia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 21:23

Honestly, many of us knew that the end of SS2 will come... but breaking up in middle of the game was a smack in our faces. We don't ask for much, just a completed game. You should just bring to an end what have been started and turned many of us into addicts...

#9 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 23:35

I would like to see minimum of 6 accelerated areas (each area being 10lvls) with some way of story ending at the end and really nice set. each area with 1 piece from final set that will end with last piece on 500. this mission could use existing drops from other areas of the world to make, so we have to travel throughout the sigma. and those component will be used to make each piece. (ie like the behemoth blueprint) decent storyline and few blueprint with 1 set pic is all you will need but setup as a different class using different shading for different class.

make the mission bonus same as what we would normally get. that would add some interesting variation. that would at least give us closure :D should take most of us till end of year to get to 500. that would be a good way to finish :D

#10 Runelon

Runelon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 00:13

some very good comments here, especially putting Hoof in here as final target to take down - seems most fitting :twisted:

so, i gotta say one last time uhhh " Ditto !! "

:mrgreen:

haz fun

#11 Runelon

Runelon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 00:52

Also,

I would like to thank John Stewart aka Mojawk for thinking of us and offering a lil something something ;)

:mrgreen:

#12 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:30

I would also like to see some more completeness between 440 and 500. But, if MoJawk's proposal is the best we can get, then it's better than nothing, and I'll take it.

#13 ss_northstar

ss_northstar
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:28

Second all the comments here, would love to see a final closure storyline at lvl 500 if possible. The way ss2 has been developed, its about the storyline and bringing it to a final closure will be a great gesture for many of us who have stick with the game since the beginning.

The above is an ideal, but will take anything on offer.

#14 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:59

Yes, please do get to level 500 so the last set of skills can be reached.

Can you also update the Official Guide to the last levels as well.

Plus add some form of LE or Behemoth at the end so once players reach there they can do something.

Can you also amend the Slaughter Fests, where the entry level is above level 500, its a bit of a waste of time if no-one can enter them.

#15 ThunDar

ThunDar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:51

Sounds like a great idea, know many folks were upset that the 500 buffs were available but unattainable .... and if Hoof is the final critter, i might actually move off this arti and level! 8~)

#16 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2011 - 15:41

Here's are some suggestions as a compromise between our desire for completeness and HCS's desire to do as little work as possible:

One new area.
In that area are only 2 Elites - level 460 and 480 - and 1 HK at Level 500.

These baddies provide more XP than usual, which is necessary since they're now the only way to level.

The level 460 and 480 Elites drop resources for class sets as usual. (A Wep plus add-on set at 460 would be great, but if they're both Helm, Body, Pants then that's fine, too)

The level 500 HK drops resources for a 6-piece set per level 100 and 190. This set will be truly the most amazingly badass set in the game: your reward for making it to the end.

The 4 sets within each level could, per Centurion's suggestion, look just like each other except for differences in color: this would reduce the need for artwork.

Notes: I make the above suggestion because it sounds like some of the favorite times ever had in SS2 were when the game was young and many many people were at EOC all fighting over Elites and HK's. So, let's bring that back.

Add a level 500 Behemoth. You have to reach level 500 to get to his area. This could be the big baddy boss at the end of the game.

-----
The only essential thing missing is a way to get more skill points. Between levels 440 and 500, you should have gotten 300 of them. Perhaps there could be some simple way to get them in one lumps sum at level 500, so that you have enough points to spend on your newly-available skills.

#17 ss_kenneth24

ss_kenneth24
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2011 - 17:24

i do like this idea i know im no wear near this level at this time but do really like centurions idea. about a 6 part final hopfully but my twist would be that its a legendary hk full set and that each of the 6 parts that make up the legendary hk set items,be legendary behemoth hks creatures.and since the last set made would be such a magnificant set for each class that blows the rest away, make them damn near way uber hard but doable with alot of effert and increase how hard they are since they would be a 10 level area with random ranged creatures.and if a probly not going to happen them having the ability to hit you when you land on them to up the anti a bit atleast if your going to make it a ending make it one that leaves us in more then awwwe last note sorry if my grammer or spelling is not all that great .

#18 ss_ordermaker

ss_ordermaker
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2011 - 17:27

Bring it on!
Add some Elites for Sets and make Hoof the mother of all baddies at the end to farm for the ultimate set. Also, a few behemoths wouldn't be bad. They might drop an item which could be used (for example) to upgrade an existing set piece. That way the level 100 and 190 set could become even more of a wanted set. :mrgreen:
Don't need to make the drop rate harder, put in more complete sets. So, at level 460, 480, have a 6 piece set, or a 4 piece set which can be upgraded to 6 pieces with the behemoth items (also between level 440 and 480), so we could take a hack at Hoof. :lol:

#19 DarkSteel

DarkSteel

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 21:27

I think anything which would / could be offered from HCS while they are focusing thier efforts on further improving Fallen Sword and future projects would be pleasantly accepted.

I do like the ideas presented here from other users, and would be happy if any / all were implemented.

#20 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 23:32

One new area.
In that area are only 2 Elites - level 460 and 480 - and 1 HK at Level 500.

These baddies provide more XP than usual, which is necessary since they're now the only way to level.

The level 460 and 480 Elites drop resources for class sets as usual. (A Wep plus add-on set at 460 would be great, but if they're both Helm, Body, Pants then that's fine, too)

The level 500 HK drops resources for a 6-piece set per level 100 and 190. This set will be truly the most amazingly badass set in the game: your reward for making it to the end.

The only essential thing missing is a way to get more skill points. Between levels 440 and 500, you should have gotten 300 of them. Perhaps there could be some simple way to get them in one lumps sum at level 500, so that you have enough points to spend on your newly-available skills.

elite hunting only to lvl will not work. as is, I need 3k+ energy to make 1 lvl. we are talking 200k energy in total to make to lvl 500. or 100+ days at max gain.

why I do think my 6lvl solution is best. each lvl making a piece toward the final set using existing component. and completing each piece will be finishing a mission and gives the skill p;oint. 6 new mobs( which could be variation of existing ones, so minor change in pic) will be all we need, 24 blueprint (1per class, but in realty 6 with minor changes) and 1 - 6 piece set. Current existing gear are good enough to make to lvl 500 IMHO. the last set is just a cool thing to shoot for.

frankly, final behemoth is nice if there, but no biggie if not. the 6th and the last piece could be made from the drops of the final boss (HK). but requiring 10 component with lower drop rate to finish if you want to make it tough, but again, I don't see the point of making it to tough. that would be anticlimatic.

I am really thinking minimum work needed to get us there. for the developer and us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: