BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2011 - 21:02

Good Day to you, Gentle-Beings!

The Sigma News Network here with a report that the four Asteroids, Ceti 8361, Kappa 3617, Theta 7194 and Omicron 9716 have emerged from Sigmas Planetary Belt! Once again, Shuttles have been seen coming and going and our Scientists estimate they shall be accessable until the 3rd, next month!

Adventure away! The huge monsters seen these last years are presumed to be active again but we are hearing reports of something new on Omicron. Be careful Warriors and Adventurers and have fun!

The Sigma News Network,

Signing off!

#2 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 23:11

I think I have all those missions done as I don't see any unfinished that look to be in that realm. Since the game was been pretty much abandoned by the HCS team, I did not think we would see that this year. Glad to see that those still playing have a shot at these, if they didn't do them already. The Plushie Doll was pretty nice, but unfortunately bound.

#3 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 23:39

Well done HCS :)

Hope you fixed the BKP problem regarding the new drop. Otherwise it will be a real shame :roll:

Also will be nice if the spawn frequency will give the smaller Factions a reasonable chance to gather the necessary BKP, as most high lvl players are crammed in the top 5 or so Factions, leaving no real chance for anyone else to get a direct drop :?

Cheers.

#4 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 00:36

FRO5TI3 (Behemoth) <<< looks like thats the beasties name according to the behemoth rewards :D

#5 Gorland

Gorland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 00:41

oops, nice to have the asteroids back, but I'm at Asteroid Omicron 9716 and there is nothing to do here, no enemies, no mission.....

gorlandsig4.png

#6 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 00:45

I am so glad to finally be able to get my plushie..thanks a lot for this chance you have given us :)

now if I was able to submit a ticket I would due to not being able to use a behe drop bought with reward points via faction..but for some reason I can not log on to the support site :(

#7 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:55

I am so glad to finally be able to get my plushie..thanks a lot for this chance you have given us :)

now if I was able to submit a ticket I would due to not being able to use a behe drop bought with reward points via faction..but for some reason I can not log on to the support site :(

submit it on FS then :D - they are the same support team

we are hearing reports of something new on Omicron. Be careful Warriors and Adventurers and have fun!

something new??? that is unexpected

and yeah we have behemoth items that there is no ammo for - easy fix is just change their ammo types- however it really doesnt work for some classes

thanx so much cows - we miss you here

#8 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 15:04

Hi HCS, Forum, and SS2 community!

THANKS for the asteroids AND MERRY CHRISTMAS! :mrgreen:

#9 Runelon

Runelon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 00:57

questions: I am waiting on my energy to max before I jump to Omicron 9716, so I haven't looked to see what's what there yet. I haz some peeps in the faction that are close to level 340, but it lists the area as level 320. I can't find any infoz on what level FRO5TI3 is, and no mention of the Hoarime Frost monster this year...
so, can anyone tell me what level the robot snowman is, so I'll know what level is minimum to be able to help out with this... and what is the drop and will it work to make the Hoarime Frost Saber ?

k, thanx

:mrgreen:

#10 Molehunter

Molehunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:55

FRO5TI3 is a 340 level Robot

Class: Robotic
Attack: 464
Defense: 2,251
Armor: 485
Damage: 555
HP: 1,895

#11 Runelon

Runelon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:03

thanx Stormer

:mrgreen:

#12 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2011 - 21:12

I love my new plushie! :D I would totally buy one if HCS made them in real life (like they did for the chompers on FS).

#13 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 23:20

thank you, i finally got my plushie. : )

and awesome on the new behemoth, been nice to see some activity on the maps and in the worlds again huh. hope you are missing the game as much as we are, and is great to see so many of us still around

and grim if you happen to read this, any chance we could get the lvl 500 repair drones in the behemoth realm?

#14 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2011 - 23:21

23:09 18/Dec/2011 Your faction obtained the item '' from your faction's contribution to the defeat of the behemoth 'FRO5TI3 (Behemoth)'.

I don't see the FRO5T13 Head Module in our Faction Store, nor has our Faction Log said that anyone has taken it. BigGrim: what's going on?

#15 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 18 December 2011 - 23:56

23:09 18/Dec/2011 Your faction gained 933 Behemoth Kill Points from your faction's contribution to the defeat of the behemoth 'FRO5TI3 (Behemoth)'. Your faction also received a bonus 280 Behemoth Kill Points for achieving the 3rd most kills.

I thought that 2nd gets their kills + 50% of their kills
thought third gets 1/3 thier kills as a bonus and 4th gets 1/4 of their kills...

lots of fun hunting this bemo... shame i dont think these zakesh items im using up will be returning anytime soon

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2011 - 16:01

I answered you in your thread about this? The Node is Faction Bound, even though it does not show. That's why Eco was unable to see it on the Bind page. I have set the item to unbound so you can put it in the Faction store again and remove the binding.

and grim if you happen to read this, any chance we could get the lvl 500 repair drones in the behemoth realm?

I'll see what I can do.

*Edit*

Fixed.

I don't see the FRO5T13 Head Module in our Faction Store, nor has our Faction Log said that anyone has taken it. BigGrim: what's going on?

Hmm. Will look into this.

*Edit*

Fixed. I forgot to attach the drop to the creature, thus it was not delivered. It is now attached and I have sent an unbound Frosty head to you.

#17 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 16:17

plushie says: "Thnx" :-o

#18 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 18:02

Hmm. Will look into this.

*Edit*

Fixed. I forgot to attach the drop to the creature, thus it was not delivered. It is now attached and I have sent an unbound Frosty head to you.

Thanks, got it. :D

(Note: at the time of writing this, I still hold the drop, no item has been created, and the FRO5T13 Behemoth has not spawned a second time.)

So, BG...I'm looking in NED'S MERCH store to see what I can make with this thing, and I find 4 class-specific Body Armors, each with the following stats:

Energy: + 50
Energy Gain: +2
Credit Gain: +1
XP Gain: +20
HP Gain: +20

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I'm excited to see the very first gear in SS2 that has these bonuses. This will be sought-after gear, and I'm glad that NB already has one.

On the other hand...I wish it was core gear, and don't like that it's 4 class-specific gears. I see this causing unfairness in a couple of ways:

:arrow: Nognof Brotherhood has won 1 drop. So, unless we can manage to get 3 more drops (which depends on the Behemoth appearing at least 3 more times during the event, and also that NB wins 3 more times), then there will be some class(es) coveting the gear worn by other members of our faction. I don't find anything wrong with people in other factions coveting our gear (listen, we never won a Hoarime Saber last year), but it just seems really crappy for a faction not to be able to provide gear equally within itself, and to have its members envy other members.

:arrow: Now that we have 1, we're going to want to get the other 3. If it was core gear, then we'd leave well enough alone, and let other Factions have a chance at getting their own. But now...you can be damned sure we're going to hunt this thing more, and very possibly win 3 more...or, in the very least, make things harder for other Factions.

I don't want to make a situation where it's difficult for other Factions to get this drop. I think it's best for SS2 as a whole for multiple Factions to have this thing.

If you are in agreement that this is, in fact, a problem for the game, then I can suggest a few solutions:

:arrow: Significantly increase the spawn rate of the Behemoth. (Spawning on the hour right after each defeat would be as fast as possible, and not too much IMO.)
:arrow: Decrease the BKP cost
:arrow: Change the items to a single Core item
:arrow: Some other thing that I can't think of.

I'm still holding onto the drop. I have not purchased any of the new blueprints. If you choose to change the items to a single Core item, you can take the drop from me in the meantime while it's worked out.

#19 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 19 December 2011 - 20:14

I think having the item be a core item is fair considering the state of the game and the direction it is going

are all of the behemoth drops going to be tradeable now?

otherwise factions like my own may not be able to win it (even taking 3rd 5 times) might not get us the drop

Increased spawn rate is a solution i could live with

it is sure a pleasure to have you with us BG

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2011 - 20:55

As of this moment, we are keeping this as class stuff. The drop is unbound until the item is unFaction tagged.

At this point, the office is closed for Christmas, so no artists to do a core item. I'm just popping in ever so often to see if things are okay.

Support is still running as normal though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: