wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2017 - 20:12

Things that annoy me?......Hmmmm

Guilds that show up on the "Guild PvP Ladder" that have  all their members banned ....but still show up because they "tried to log in" ???

Like seriously HCS?? 

Edited by wazzimoto, 22 January 2017 - 20:13.

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:19

So.... The pinata kills me with an infected paper cut?

Or maybe sugar shock, they are full of candy :P

Oh, the biggest annoyance in this game is

DEFLECT!

Edited by BadPenny, 22 January 2017 - 21:20.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 22:15

<3 deflect. Even when I attack and get deflected 7x in a row

#24 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 January 2017 - 22:19

ihate anti deflect when it works

5aZzW0p.png,

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 22:21

ihate anti deflect when it works

Lucky for you, it never works. ;-p

#26 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2017 - 22:29

I hate shopping channels, like REALLY hate them.

Also I hate when normal tv stations become teleshopping channels during the night.

Even more than I hate these two things though, I hate that almost all tv stations have synced up when they show their advertisements so you can't avoid them by switching channels. >.<

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#27 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2017 - 23:30

Hi All, Not trying to start a moaning thread, just a thread about the little things that irritate you in game. If anything.

For me, The mouse overs that always linger and cover the actions box, and the map messages that tell you you cannot walk more than 1 space or creature already killed, and fill the whole screen, really seem unnecessary.

I am not sure if this is game or helper (If its helper I apologise), but can we remove these? or does everyone else enjoy them? Find them useful?

Like I said, not complaining, just looking for a little housekeeping if possible. There are many requests for big changes, but I think there are many simple little things that could improve the experience.

Cheers,

Plex.

Also, the Titan kill cooldown seems just a fraction of a second out of the natural rythym of kill, wait, click. :D and i mean fractions of a second, not asking to reduce it by much...

TBH the mouse over hanging over guild store blocking the upper left 6 items does annoy me at times, as it also usually covers up the Guild > Manage link too, lol. To be honest the Titan Doubler disembowels any complaint I would have about the titan kill cooldown, I don't think there is any reason to tweak it when we tend to take about 15-25% as long to net a secure as it used to, lol.

Ummm, that we still have mercenaries that are statistically meaningless? It makes for a good gold sink, sure, but to be honest they barely have a use anymore due to composing pots making even the beefiest of SE and quest creatures able to be taken down solo. You used to at least need to do a group with a handful of guildies.

That there aren't more creature type based buffs/enhancements of gear/acheivements. Not a big issue, but something that would be nice that I really wonder about a lot. We have Holy Flame/Necrosis, and the Vermin slayer acheivement. That there isn't more empasis on creature types is disappointing....maybe that could be combined with mercs in new content being relevent with new gear tooled to deal with certain creature types?

Any other things that bug me would be not appropriate to discuss openly on the forums imo.

Edited by Gutie, 22 January 2017 - 23:33.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#28 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 00:11

I hate shopping channels, like REALLY hate them.

Also I hate when normal tv stations become teleshopping channels during the night.

Even more than I hate these two things though, I hate that almost all tv stations have synced up when they show their advertisements so you can't avoid them by switching channels. >.<

From annoy to.......... HATE.

well-that-escalated-e7pq1p.jpg

Cheers.

wil72

PS....but I agree.

#29 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:25

TBH the mouse over hanging over guild store blocking the upper left 6 items does annoy me at times, as it also usually covers up the Guild > Manage link too, lol.

That annoys me too

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:58

Lack of content

#31 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:51

For me, The mouse overs that always linger and cover the actions box

I am not sure if this is game or helper (If its helper I apologise), but can we remove these? or does everyone else enjoy them? Find them useful?

This is mostly not Helper. The mouseovers are based on a library called QTip2 which is itself based on an ancient version of jQuery. I have several issues with these libraries, the main one being that they are intolerably slow. However, the vast majority of UI slowness is because HCS have to cater for antique browsers whereas FSH does not. Did you know that the majority of the page load time is the QTip2 library initialising?

QTip2 is meant to open the mouseover as your mouse enters the target and close it as you exit. The issue we see is when we do an action to the target, such as removing an item from the guild store. The target no longer exists and thus the mouseover is left hanging. FSH uses QTip2 mouseovers for UI consistency, basically to maintain the look and feel of the game. We try very hard to ensure that the mouseover is closed if an action occurs. From my perspective it is something like engineering discipline, cleaning up your mess. The code to do this is simple and I would agree that HCS should implement it where necessary. Unfortunately for them it is not as simple as switching an option on in the library. Any effected action code would have to have a call to remove the mouseover. As an example, in the world page "new" map FSH implements a fix for the buff QTip. So if you click on a buff to remove it, FSH will close the mouseover for you. I could extend this approach to other areas such as the guild store BUT that only helps users of FSH. The action list in the world page is likely to be slightly more challenging, you'd have to close any open QTips on certain actions. Still, not impossible.

and the map messages that tell you you cannot walk more than 1 space

I find this really interesting. I have an outstanding issue with FSH to investigate whether or not FSH is aggravating this issue. I was in France recently with an appalling internet connection. Now, I wasn't doing much because I was on holiday, but there was this DQ for walking 400 tiles so I thought "why not, how long can it take?" Well, turns out it was pretty painful. Not quite as painful as the old map, sorry BadPenny, but even so. What I think is happening is this. We can all agree that the new map interface is shiny. It's very cleverly written using an asynchronous client-side framework. My guess is that the server side code has not been updated. When you click on the map for movement the client side makes it look as if you are moving along your line of travel. In the background the framework is actually sending movements one tile at a time to the server. The problem with this is that the individual tile movements can arrive at the server out of order and therefore you get the failure message. In the event of a failure the client side will move you to the last known good location. However, at some point the correct movement will arrive at the server and now the client is out of sync with the server. Obviously the failure messages can arrive back at the client out of order too.

Given that we cannot guarantee the order of arriving packets over the internet, what I think needs to happen is to be able to tell the server your entire possible line of travel in one message. The only issue I can think of is if you run out of stam mid travel. The server can then send a failure message with your correct location.

The alternative is to wait for confirmation of each tile movement before sending the next which would be horribly slow.

1. Stacking Messages

Yeah, at the very least don't show duplicate messages. That should be pretty easy. I could put it into FSH I think.

2. Map Movement and Map Panning

It would be better to designate the right mouse button for map-panning.

3. Remap the 'Refresh' key '0' to 'V'

I wish there was a way to re-map keys like '0' to 'V'.

Yeah, lots of games have a configuration screen for keyboard mappings. That would be useful. FSH could do this as well.

Something along the lines of the "what does FSH have that you would like to see implemented in the game?" No idea where that thread is now.

This one maybe?

If we implemented 3 FSH features, which would you pick?

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:44

Main thing that annoys me in the game ?

Stuff being SAID it'll be done "after the next update" or "next week" or "soon" - and never arriving ...

(Not saying this happens all the time, but it happens too often .. )

If you're not gonna do it, just say so ... it's much simpler and creates a much better relationship between Dev and Player .

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#33 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:53

Something along the lines of the "what does FSH have that you would like to see implemented in the game?" No idea where that thread is now.

Having never used FSH. A lot of people ask me how I can play without it. I've never had it, never seen it, don't know what it is. I currently don't have a computer and I play from my phone. I believe I can play efficiently and fine the way I do

Lack of content

I can say having figuratively not been in anyone else's shoes (EOC). I have no problem with content.

That being said.

Main thing that annoys me in the game ?

Stuff being SAID it'll be done "after the next update" or "next week" or "soon" - and never arriving ...

(Not saying this happens all the time, but it happens too often .. )

If you're not gonna do it, just say so ... it's much simpler and creates a much better relationship between Dev and Player .

I am annoyed having seen so many threads. Where players said. The Cows said were going to Add things, but have not.

Just saying :(

#34 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:22

Little things that annoy me...

- when people jump on topics and post rude comments, just because they might not agree with what's been said previously in the topic. One example of this would be comments like "none/all of you (insert random spiteful comment about people's gameplay or personality here)". Such things add nothing constructive to any discussion. It's trolling in a way.... which brings me to....

- Trolls. I don't really care all that much about them, they are easily avoided, but it does bring nothing to enhance the experience of any game, and yeah, just.... boring, annoying trolls..

- Lag. I can't stand lag. When you spend a lot of money on a good comp and connection, and you get lagged out anyway... it's painful. It's however not something that is exclusive to Fallensword.

og3DxyP.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: