28 replies to this topic

#1 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 14:32

hello new earth makers..i just downloaded your game last night and hear are my thoughts so far, ,and please keep in mind i have barely played..also keep in mind that with most players the first 5-15 minutes in a game either keeps them or makes them go away...so i am sure more questions will come up.

first, start off game with a tutorial that has me making buildings..then as soon as i made my first few buildings..it tells me the tutorial is over ???  and the complete game interface comes into play...really ? is that all the tutorial does ?? or is there more tutorials in the game as i go along..

at this point i have a game interface of which i have no idea what does what ? so i just keep hitting icons..is this really how we should move along in this game..guessing ?..yes i see the objective thing.,.but i would still like to know what all the interface does..

at some point, i clicked on a icon that said free shards- this sent me into some tutorial for another game ( i guess, did not look like same game) ..so i try to back out and go back to the game ---  big issue here...it does not let me backup in any way...so i had to completely log out of game and come back on...did this twice just to make sure i was not missing something - i still could be ..but i am total confused on that part..very bad having to log out..

i still have no idea what is going on...i saw the world map..have no idea what it does or how to use it....- no tutorial...

i have no idea what all my resources are for..- still no tutorial..so far i am left to be total confused as to what is going on with my game...

maybe i need to play further into the game by doing the objectives..but it would help if i knew what i was doing when doing these objectives...seems like a lot is left for us to guess and experiment to figure out (that is not always a bad thing)..

on the interface..how do i get rid of the notifications that i have already seen..do not see a delete button..

i keep getting many buy this ..buy that..special offers galore..really ?? bombarding us with pay to play offers..? not good..

then i also see where this game pretty much demands that you join an alliance right away ??  i like to play a game a few days to see how it is and if i like..dont like being basically forced into an alliance when i have no idea what is going on..

why do i feel like i will be asking questions for many days about things in the game..i really hope there is more tutorials and more helpful tutorials telling me exactly what is going on...

example..during first tutorial..made barracks for troops..where are these troops..what do they do..how do i use them ? none of that explained..or i missed it somehow..

with all that said- game seems like it could be a winner..once many things are improved on it..i am quite intrigue by the game..seems like it has depth and quite a few things to do.

hopefully someone , someday from the makers will come back to this forum ( have not seen this NEWT fellow on this forum answering questions for a few days now, yes he made a post in the welcome thread yesterday...but no answers to other questions.....) someone needs to be ready to answer questions..

Edited by yodamus, 25 August 2016 - 14:55.

#2 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2016 - 15:15

Hi yodamus,

Thanks for giving Operation: New Earth a try! It can certainly be tricky to get your head round if you're not used to the genre. If you've got any general questions you should find all your answers at this link:

https://operationnew...Asked-Questions

The free shards icon in the HUD is getting a video icon added to it to indicate that you're about to watch a video. That should arrive with our next patch. If there's anything that hasn't been answered in the FAQ let us know (perhaps we'll need to add to it!)

#3 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 16:14

thanks anakiro for the info...will check out your link.....and i hope you fix that icon that leads you something strange and it was not a video and cant backup to the game..and have to log out...that really has to change..that is why i stopped playing last night..no info on what i was doing...and i felt i was just clicking at random and then having to log out to play again...for some strange reason i will try again to play and hope things get better...please tell me there are more tutorials in the game that i have not come across yet..but tell the truth :)

#4 Newt Chromium

Newt Chromium

• WG Cells Staff
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 17:33

Hey there yodamus!

As you continue to upgrade your facilities and level up your Hero, you'll keep getting prompts that explain how particular structures and game features work!

As Anakiro said, check out the "Game Tips" and "Game Help" buttons from within the game's settings menu. Also please check out our Tips for New players article here: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=74478

The Recommended Mission message is a great way to get started with constructing buildings, training troops, and researching bonuses. It takes some time to get a handle on everything, so please keep at it!

Join an Alliance and teleport to their hive! There, you'll be safe and can ask plenty of questions. The Global Chat is quite helpful as well, feel free to ask questions there. :)

WG Cells Community Manager

#5 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 18:47

thxs NEWT... that is what i was hoping for...more info from within the game...... will try again to see if it gets better on explaining what is going on...i kinda freaked when it said tutorial over..and went to main interface the first time..i was extremely lost...not really wanting to join an alliance until i see i like the game..dont want to be an inactive for an alliance..global chat..i hope is better than fs...very bad experiences with gc in fs...and i do understand that most games do take a few days to get used to the interface and all that it can do..

Edited by yodamus, 25 August 2016 - 18:48.

#6 Zath

Zath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 21:17

I don't like long tutorials, and sure, a few extra things might be nice, but anyone who has played similar games will figure it out pretty quickly. For myself, I'd like to have known that alien tech is required once your facility is level 15, and what, exactly, is the benefit of a strategic outpost vs resource outpost?? Other than building one next to an enemy hive and amassing ally forces which could be commanded by a player to attack.. I can't see any real use for it.

Give the game a few days, most of the questions you asked will become clear. That's why you've got a 4 day shield :D

#7 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 14:15

but for those of us that have not played similar games like clash of clans of scifi rpg..the game is quite confusing ..yes i need to play more to get use to it...but last night..i did more objectives..building more buildings..so now i have level 1 buildings all over my facility

...so then i click on my icon if upper left side..for my so called hero ???   says i need a command post to have a hero...i spent over 1 hour trying to figure out where this command post is..or where i build it...never did find it or how to do it...i asked on global chat and got laughed at...and not given an answer...nice way to greet newbies to the game..laugh at them and dont help

...i have check the links given to me..nowhere do i see anything about a command post...how i am to continue ??? shield down to 2 days..and i fear if that time runs out before i figure out the game...my game will be smashed to bits...what am i to do

..and i am not about to join an alliance when i dont know even the slightest about what is going on.. i would drive my mates nuts with all my questions

..i guess it is easy for those of you that have played these types of games before..you need to realize not everyone has...some need help..and global chat is not the place for help...

now keep in mind..i am old and probably missed something somewhere explaining about the command post..i will keep looking around to see if i can find an answer..

Edited by yodamus, 26 August 2016 - 14:19.

#8 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2016 - 14:52

The command post becomes available to build once you have a level 3 HQ and a level 1 Medical bay. Once you build it your hero will become available.

The hero is a really useful unit which you gain experience for. As they level up you can spend skill points on some very useful abilities :D The hero is also great for sending on marches as they can hold a lot of resources, and are quite strong for combat too!

We'll take note of things people find confusing and see what we can do to make them clearer.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 15:47

The command post becomes available to build once you have a level 3 HQ and a level 1 Medical bay. Once you build it your hero will become available.

The hero is a really useful unit which you gain experience for. As they level up you can spend skill points on some very useful abilities :D The hero is also great for sending on marches as they can hold a lot of resources, and are quite strong for combat too!

We'll take note of things people find confusing and see what we can do to make them clearer.

much much much thxs for this info...and, that is all someone had to say on global chat last night..instead of laughing at me and not giving me any help..when all i asked was how and where do i make my command post...and now to see how simple that answer could have been...again thxs..game really intrigues me since it is different than any other type of game i have played on phones..

#10 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 20:58

how do we delete the notifications ?  starting to get lots of them in my message area.

#11 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 14:27

this is what worries me about this game...simple question..with possibly a simple answer..but seems this game's forum is lacking in attention..not good..i now have tons of messages..notifications..and tons of buy this buy that special offers in my message area....i want to delete them...obvisiously a pay to win game...shield will soon be gone..i am sure i would have to pay money to keep it alive....is there a better forum for this game ? 

Edited by yodamus, 27 August 2016 - 14:29.

#12 Zath

Zath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:39

They tend to delete themselves over time. Just tap on each tab and they will appear as 'read'.

#13 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 20:22

oh well..i tried..played for a few days (not much each day, as i was totally confused with nowhere for help..in game global chat was more abusive than helpful

...i spent my few days playing..just building, buildings..more building..more building..upgrade building..on my list of recommended to do..build turrets..none to be found, was not a "show me" icon either..felt stuck..again no help from gc

..tried to use my hanger bay to send deploy something..could not do this either...so i have built lots of buildings..but i have yet to be able to attack anything..or know how to attack anything.

.building buildings all the time is not my idea of a fun game to play..where is the action ???  i think it is time to uninstall...nothing to do in the game but build buildings..

#14 Newt Chromium

Newt Chromium

• WG Cells Staff
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 00:08

Hey again yodamus!

Sorry to hear you're feeling bored with the game. :(

Were you able to join an Alliance? This might've helped to get you a solid base of people to ask questions to.

Regarding the notifications, you can adjust those in the settings menu. You can turn them all off, or just pick a few that matter to you.

If you're bored of upgrading your base, you can send out troops to gather resources, attack weaker/inactive players, or capture tiles for your Alliance! 

Did you get a chance to read the Tips for New Players article? Or check out the "Game Help" button from the settings menu? These might help to explain how to do things like send out deployments to claim resources and such.

WG Cells Community Manager

#15 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 14:43

Hey again yodamus!

Sorry to hear you're feeling bored with the game. :(

Were you able to join an Alliance? This might've helped to get you a solid base of people to ask questions to.

Regarding the notifications, you can adjust those in the settings menu. You can turn them all off, or just pick a few that matter to you.

If you're bored of upgrading your base, you can send out troops to gather resources, attack weaker/inactive players, or capture tiles for your Alliance! 

Did you get a chance to read the Tips for New Players article? Or check out the "Game Help" button from the settings menu? These might help to explain how to do things like send out deployments to claim resources and such.

first..do not want to join an alliance so early in the game, especially since i am quite confused about things..alliance tend to frown upon that

..i sent out my drone..that was easy..i wanted to attack something..saw nowhere about how to attack..and looks like i cant attack..i tried to deploy a plane..i could not..dont know why.?  my hanger is useless..troops in the barracks useless....what do i do with them...so many questions..that are not answered in the tips and not getting answered in gc

...maybe i am just old and this game is not for me..a lot of doing things..but doing nothing fun..i want to attack someone..do something besides upgrading building and making more buildings..is that all the game does ?

#16 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 September 2016 - 15:41

If you've built troops or vehicles, you can attack anyone (who is not currently shielded) by selecting their city or outpost and pressing the attack button which will appear at the bottom of the display. From there you choose which dropship to use, and how many units to load it up with before deploying.

Joining alliances in this genre is a little different from joining a guild in an mmorpg. With pvp as a major focus of the game, players generally understand they need to band together early on stand a better chance of defeating other players. If people have their alliances open they are most likely expecting newbies to join, and hopefully won't be hostile to questions. If they aren't nice there's always the option to leave and try a different alliance.

Hope this helps :)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#17 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 September 2016 - 15:51

It might also be worth mentioning that the world map is where you do everything outside of your base. So attacking aliens, attacking other players, harvesting extra resources and capturing territory can all be done from there. If you're looking at your facility full of buildings, tap the button with a globe on it in the bottom left corner. Then you should be able to scroll around! Tap on cities, aliens or resource sectors to see different ways to interact with them.

#18 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 16:22

It might also be worth mentioning that the world map is where you do everything outside of your base. So attacking aliens, attacking other players, harvesting extra resources and capturing territory can all be done from there. If you're looking at your facility full of buildings, tap the button with a globe on it in the bottom left corner. Then you should be able to scroll around! Tap on cities, aliens or resource sectors to see different ways to interact with them.

thxs..already uninstalled the game..but may re-install it to see if it gets better..global chat is horrible, too much ridicule on new players..needs to have a newbie channel..and really sounds like a 24/7 game to be competitive....dont have 24/7 to play..keep working at it..i hope your game gets better...

and still totally confused about why my "turrets" are nowhere to be found to build..it is at the top of my list to build - but does not have a "show me" like all the other things i have built.....and even more confusing is my "hanger bay" where it looks like i have 2 planes..not sure..but i can not deploy them..what use is it to have planes i cant use..? again..i may just be a severly confused old man that does not understand this new game..lots of things to do..but very little action..i am probably missing something....

#19 Stevo79

Stevo79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 17:31

There are four turrets, one placed at each corner of the walls inside your base. To deply your drop ships, it needs to be done in the world map and is qued up by selecting a tile to attack or gather resources from. Hope you make it back in game, there are lots of casual players :)

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 20:09

There are four turrets, one placed at each corner of the walls inside your base. To deply your drop ships, it needs to be done in the world map and is qued up by selecting a tile to attack or gather resources from. Hope you make it back in game, there are lots of casual players 

thxs steveo, the turrets ? do i have to go to world map to build them..i have 2 walls built..and like i said- on my mission to do list..it recommends building turrets..top of the list..but it does not have a "show me" tab like all other buildings i have built..and if i hit buildings..turrets are not a chioce..

as you can tell ..i have rarely visited the world map..crashed on me once..i have been scared to go back to it..is my base and all my buildings on that map also ?  cause when i goto my hanger bay..i can not do anything..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: