347 replies to this topic

#1 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:43

Much are talked about Ladder latelly, maybe if we just put all the ideas on the same topic and talk about it, HCS can read and choose the better option to the problem.

Opt 1:
- No bounties.
- Without attacks on guildmates.
- No limit of players from the same guild.
- No Attack = No Tokens and no Dominance Medal ticks.

Opt 2:
- No bounties.
- Max of 2~3 players from the same guild on each reset (random choose from server).

Opt 3:
- No bounties.
- With attack on guildmates.

Opt 4:
- Bounties allowed.

Opt 5:
- Bounties allowed.
- With attacks on guildmates.

Opt 6:
- Open Ladder, without the 'Opt-In' system.
- Bounties allowed.

Opt 7: (by justinian9)
-No bounties.
- Max of 2~3 players from the same guild on each reset (random choose from server).

Just quote the idea you like the most, or propose another one and I'll try to add to this post with your name on it, we need to find a sollution to the problem.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 09 September 2014 - 04:20.

#2 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:50

at least someone is trying...only problem i see, is that the forums only represent about 1% of the players in the game..if your idea could only be put forth in front of the entire community to see and vote on...we maybe could get a solution to a tricky problem...all ideas seem to have pros and cons..but we have to start somewhere... kudos for the thoughts and effort

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2014 - 17:15

Much are talked about Ladder latelly, maybe if we just put all the ideas on the same topic and talk about it HCS can read and choose the better option to the problem.

Opt 1:
- No bounties.

Opt 2:
- No bounties.

Opt 3:
- No bounties.
- With attack on guildmates.

Opt 4:
- Bounties allowed.

Opt 5:
- Bounties allowed.

Opt 6:
- Bounties allowed.

The quote the idea you like the most, or propose another one and I'll try to add to this post with your name on it, we need to find a sollution to the problem.

Option 6 is most appealing, and most fair, IMHO.  We have PvP protection in place for those afraid of losing XP, and this opens things up for all to compete fairly... It's the way it used to be, and it worked just fine... Can we have it back please?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 20:22

Option 6 is most appealing, and most fair, IMHO.  We have PvP protection in place for those afraid of losing XP, and this opens things up for all to compete fairly... It's the way it used to be, and it worked just fine... Can we have it back please?

Exactly, that's the one I really want to see happening too.

#5 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 20:24

at least someone is trying...only problem i see, is that the forums only represent about 1% of the players in the game..if your idea could only be put forth in front of the entire community to see and vote on...we maybe could get a solution to a tricky problem...all ideas seem to have pros and cons..but we have to start somewhere... kudos for the thoughts and effort

Maybe if HCS say that they want to post it on News Update they can took these ideas and write an official thread, and wait for the vote from players. 

Also, if someone have any idea other than those 6 options I have think, please comment about it.

#6 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:09

Maybe if HCS say that they want to post it on News Update they can took these ideas and write an official thread, and wait for the vote from players. 

Also, if someone have any idea other than those 6 options I have think, please comment about it.

agreed..in the forums, we will not get the answer needed..pvpers will say something..then the levelers will say something different and we will be right back to the same bickering that always happens in the forums on this topic...let the whole community have a chance to vote and have their voices heard..and work from there..forums does not cover enough players to have something as important as this decided by less than 1% of the community..

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:16

Why is it that PvP'rs in the game are always trying to "force" other players to partake in it ?

Option 6 - if I'm reading it correctly that is - means that every active player is on the ladder (within their bands, of course) and therefore subject to being attacked as often as the ladder permits (whatever that interval is - hourly ??).

OK, those that don't want to participate can have PvP protection (which has been watered down now) - but that's not really the point as that doesn't protect everything.

If PvP was as popular as certain players want us to believe it is, then there'd be no need to continually try to change the game to make more players participate in it against their will :)

I don't know what the ideal solution to fixing the ladder is, but I seriously doubt that that option is the correct one.

IMO, the best solution should incorporate (amongst other possible options) ..

1. Existing bands (or maybe widened slightly at higher levels)

2. NEW reward system

3. NO rewards without activity (be that 1 attack / reset or "x" amounts of attacks / reset)

4. Players must OPT IN !

I'm sure there's a plethora of other options that would make it better and revitalise it ..

Edited by Pardoux, 08 September 2014 - 21:27.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:32

Option one with the addition of not allowing a ladder participant to activate PvP protection during their opt'd in reset. Or if it is allowed, then allow me to toss them on the bounty board when they decide to run away from battle.

#9 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:53

PvP Protection should always stay outside the Ladder, if you buy Protection you should be desqualified automaticly, losing your position and actual PvP Rating, always, with or without Opt-In.

Pard, every game includes PvP, and how much stamina you think players would be able to spend at each reset? If you have 50 targets on Ladder you should have probabilly 35+ easy targets each hour, if you hit only those, will cost you 3.500 stamina on EACH HOUR. And if that is without Opt-In you should be able to bounty the player back. Also, that was the old system, I'm not proposing something absurd, that was the old system.

#10 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:53

I do not like any of the options, especially #6. On occasion I might feel like a little PvP, so I OPT in. My choice to decide if the benefits outweigh the detriments for me (side note - I should not have to pay to keep what I worked hard to obtain).

IMO what really should be included in any option is to limit the number of players to 2  from the same guild, similar to what is done in the arena. And the same guild members should not be able to hit each other for the obvious reasons multiple people already stated.

Finally, like the 4 points Pardoux made.

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:57

"We have also changed PVP Protection slightly. You can no longer purchase it while participating in the PVP Ladder and entering the ladder will remove any protection you have."

Just saw this news update :-)

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 21:59

Opt 6:
- Bounties allowed.

PvP Protection should always stay outside the Ladder, if you buy Protection you should be desqualified automaticly, losing your position and actual PvP Rating, always, with or without Opt-In.

OK, your "Option 6" confused me then ... specifically the bit I coloured.

If those with PvP protection are automatically opted out, then I withdraw my main objection to it. I still feel that the PvP community make out that it needs changing to "draw" (I would replace that with "FORCE" personally) more players to participate - if it was that popular, there would be no need to try to draw in more players as it would be a subgame in it's own right ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 22:17

OK, your "Option 6" confused me then ... specifically the bit I coloured.

If those with PvP protection are automatically opted out, then I withdraw my main objection to it. I still feel that the PvP community make out that it needs changing to "draw" (I would replace that with "FORCE" personally) more players to participate - if it was that popular, there would be no need to try to draw in more players as it would be a subgame in it's own right ...

Yeah, FOR ME all player should always be part of the Ladder, if you don't want to participate into PvP Ladder, buy PvP Protection and you'll be off the Ladder until your protection ends, just like much other games where you buy a 'shield' to prevent attacks on you, a LOT of games have that, maybe the PvP Protection prices can change, maybe also the needed hours for Dominance Medal, don't know...

The reason why Ladder is so dead is for some problems:
- People doesn't like to join on brackets with 8+ players from the same guild, and no one else (huge target on his back).
- The prizes/resources/items are not worthing much anymore.
- Buffing up to hit the only player on your bracket, waste a lot a of stamina on it, get deflected, and again, and again. (For me that's one of the prior reasons to leave the Ladder).

HCS are talking about new Ladder prizes, before any of this happens they need to fix the Ladder system on a way to be less undesirable.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 22:19

HCS are talking about new Ladder prizes, before any of this happens they need to fix the Ladder system on a way to be less undesirable.

Absolutely agree 100% there now - the ladder needs fixing BEFORE new rewards are added ..

#15 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 22:31

Yeah, FOR ME all player should always be part of the Ladder, if you don't want to participate into PvP Ladder, buy PvP Protection and you'll be off the Ladder until your protection ends, just like much other games where you buy a 'shield' to prevent attacks on you, a LOT of games have that, maybe the PvP Protection prices can change, maybe also the needed hours for Dominance Medal, don't know...

option #6..would be good if the pvp protection prices would change..many players, most of whom never venture to the forums or gc, and just come online for 15 minutes to 1 hr to hunt and come back again when stam refills- they play this game because it is free...making or forcing someone to pay real money, when many players including myself cant afford paying real money for a game, just to be able to protect their characters from pvpers is bad business...while some think the protection prices are ok..i would venture to guess, most players think it is expensive....lower the price of protection to a more reasonable price and maybe be able to make more players happy..pvpers can still hit players with the protection..still get prestige..still steal gold (i personally think more gold should be stolen), still get ladder points...but with the protection..no xp loss...(xp loss is the main reason levelers get so upset about pvp)

Edited by yodamus, 08 September 2014 - 22:36.

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 22:41

option #6..would be good if the pvp protection prices would change..many players, most of whom never venture to the forums or gc, and just come online for 15 minutes to 1 hr to hunt and come back again when stam refills- they play this game because it is free...making or forcing someone to pay real money, when many players including myself cant afford paying real money for a game, just to be able to protect their characters from pvpers is bad business...while some think the protection prices are ok..i would venture to guess, most players think it is expensive....lower the price of protection to a more reasonable price and maybe be able to make more players happy..pvpers can still hit players with the protection..still get prestige..still steal gold (i personally think more gold should be stolen), still get ladder points...but with the protection..no xp loss...(xp loss is the main reason levelers get so upset about pvp)

That can be worked to happen, also things like the interval between a hit and anothe from the same player, to prevent abuse, the range of the attacks will need to change too...Of course what I've posted was just a resume of the all thing.

#17 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 23:00

The reason why Ladder is so dead is for some problems:
- People doesn't like to join on brackets with 8+ players from the same guild, and no one else (huge target on his back).
- The prizes/resources/items are not worthing much anymore.
- Buffing up to hit the only player on your bracket, waste a lot a of stamina on it, get deflected, and again, and again. (For me that's one of the prior reasons to leave the Ladder).

Forcing everyone to be apart of the ladder or buying their way out is not a good ideal. If that is the case then why not force players to titan hunt or SE hunt or have to buy their way out of that as well.

If you want to force everyone to be apart of the ladder then why not make ladder hits act just like gvg hits. 

While I agree with your reasons to why the ladder is dead i would also add in that some players are not able to log in enough to even be competitive. So why would i want to be on the ladder when it does nothing but take away my exp and gold? 

#18 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 23:00

Bugger it, change it back to the way it originally was. I don't know what that was like but meh.

Cheers.

wil72

#19 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 23:02

So this being the brainstorm thread and then a separate thread as a more finalized voting thread? Figure a final product would need a separate platform...

I think option 3 may collectively be the best. You can't bounty a guy who you may not like or are losing to. Being able to attack guildmates gives you the ability to enjoy a dry ladder and maybe even settle a friendly rivalry, and also allowing everyone to participate. That is one of the main things allowing everyone the chance to compete who wants to, while you can say it can be like the arena you have to remember arena matches are done in 10 minutes and this is a much longer time frame. And lastly the fact that you will actually need to do something to get anything on the ladder. Only downside with being able to hit guildies is you can manipulate the ladder a bit, maybe add something in to monitor that or reduce it.

Option 6 kind of makes the ladder obsolete because its not much of the ladder anymore by those standards, and basically just a pvp band that we have outside the current ladder other than the token rewards and a medal tick :)

#20 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2014 - 00:39

option 6 could work while keeping levelers out of it fairly easy

every month the scores get reset.

you can 10 stam anyone every 3 days

after 10 stamming someone you gain a hunted status.

someone with a hunted status may be 10-100 stammed.

you can only gain points when prestige is gained.

100 stams gain triple the points for example.

upon defeating someone with the hunted status you take over his/her hunted status.

defending when not on hunted status gains no points.

defending when on hunted status gains 5x the normal points of a 10 stam.

time limit of 1 hour between hits

every hit where no points are gained the exp loss will be reduced by a set amount up to a minimum of say 10%

defending 10 hits when on hunted status gains you the shoot me sign :P ( i couldn't come up with a good name my bad )

you lose 10-15% of your stats untill defeated of course ! :D

at the end the let's say 20 with the most points get rewards! :D

gimme your thoughts?

this way people who don't want to pvp can only get 10 stammed thus losing very few exp.

while the people who want to play go play with all their heart ! :D

needed addtions would be a hunted target list target list that can earn you points and a shoot me target list ! :D

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: