#1 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 October 2014 - 17:25

The reason we're looking to remove XP Loss is down to bullying and the fact that the loss of levels drives people away. A huge number of people care very much about their levels and to have them removed for imagined slights (usually they're playing the game as intended and others take offence at this). It is counter productive and as I've said repeatedly, there's been no real, solid reason for it to exist that the proposed PvP XP system will not cater to.

By now, people are discussing this issue all over Fallen Sword. This is a hot topic. I receive many messages about it myself, and I feel I have confused people about my views.  I hope I can clarify myself here.

I am appalled that my favorite part of the game can be used this way, but I should have expected it. Being a member of a war-like guild, I probably have been guilty of it myself, and of this, I am ashamed.  This is neither here nor there, we all play the game in our own way...

I have my own ideas about PvP and XP loss, and how it should work, and maybe this is a compromise we can all live with.... Here goes:

​Let's start by changing the whole attack structure... break it down into it's 4 major components: GvG,  gold theft and smashing/ladder, Prestige and Bounty Hunting. 

• GvG attacks, self explanatory, no need to change anything
  • Gold theft and smashing/ladder 100 stam hits, Winner takes gold and PvP XP. Defender loses no regular XP... however, if attacker loses,  regular XP loss Bountyable attack
  • Prestige 10 stam hit, gold, prestige points, and PvP XP exchanged... no regular XP loss, non bountyable attack
  • Bounty Attacks.  regular XP loss for the hunted, exchange of prestige, PvP XP and gold... if hunter loses, only gold and PvP XP will be lost, if the hunter is using 10 stam hits.  Non bountyable attack...  In the case of a 100 stam attack the hunter will lose regular XP accordingly... Bountyable attack

​

I think this could be fair, and could minimize the incidences of bullying tremendously.  I'm sure there are flaws, Penny is not infallible, after all.... 

Thoughts, community?

edited for spelling and to clarify about bounty hunting

Edited by BadPenny, 09 October 2014 - 19:43.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#2 Nikita90

Nikita90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 18:34

wat?

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:38

10 stamina clears are free from a counter bounty?

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:40

Ideally, yes.... one should not be punished for doing one's job.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:43

Ideally, yes.... one should not be punished for doing one's job.

What if I did 11 stamina clears? Would that be open game for counter bountying?

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:48

There really should only be two types of attacks.. 10 and 100.. Separate buttons and a confirmation.. Makes it simple and efficient

..does the 10 stamina bounty attack take regular XP or PvPXP?

Do you think the double XP loss feature of the bounty board should stay? Personally I don't think it should..

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:50

Never thought of that scenario, with me you either get a nice gentle 10, and we dance, or a rock-hard solid 100, and we box... there is no in-between for me... probably not for many others either, I would imagine ;)

Edited by BadPenny, 09 October 2014 - 19:50.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:54

Just pointing out some flaws I saw. 

Edited by gomezkilla, 09 October 2014 - 19:59.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:58

There really should only be two types of attacks.. 10 and 100.. Separate buttons and a confirmation.. Makes it simple and efficient

Agreed, nobody really uses anything in the middle anyway, do they?

..does the 10 stamina bounty attack take regular XP or PvPXP?

both, just at a much reduced rate compared to the 100 stam attack

Do you think the double XP loss feature of the bounty board should stay? Personally I don't think it should..

I agree... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:59

Could buy some with either gold (215,000 gold for 43 stamina in gold upgrades) or FSP or smack for 10 stamina this hour and smash next hour after your stamina gain

#11 Jonathan69

Jonathan69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 20:08

here we go again , how about we stop with the posting & just play the game ! at the moment the cows are deciding on what they are going to do , & it will take time to put in game . so we should focuse on what we can do now in game & let them at the changes . i have been a power leveler most of my time here & now pvp . i loose xp i take xp 10 or 100 i win i loose eather way i have fun playing  . that is what we all need to do .

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 20:12

I appreciate your opinion, Jonathan, and I would like nothing better than to just play the game and not worry about all of this, but I cannot.  If you have  something constructive to add, please do so, but I would like it a lot if you  do not flame me for trying to help keep my game fun... Thank you for letting me share...

Edited by BadPenny, 09 October 2014 - 20:13.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 00:03

I'm sorry, but if xp loss is being removed from PvP, it has to be ALL aspects then. Not pick and choose to punish a select few. If this PvP xp is supposed to be as valuable as regular xp, then there should be no double punishment on the BB.

#14 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:07

I'm sorry, but if xp loss is being removed from PvP, it has to be ALL aspects then. Not pick and choose to punish a select few. If this PvP xp is supposed to be as valuable as regular xp, then there should be no double punishment on the BB.

I would disagree with that. XP can be protected from everything but a BB posting which will meet the requirements HCS has put forth. If you are on the BB there is a reason and being there should still involve xp loss.

2320275.png

#15 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:37

Lose XP if you lose an attack AND you can be posted on the BB to lose more XP + PvPxp?  I don't see this bringing more players into PvP.  Instead, it will just reinforce the idea to levelers that PvP is too risky for them to get involved in it.

Screenshot everything!

#16 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:54

Lose XP if you lose an attack AND you can be posted on the BB to lose more XP + PvPxp?  I don't see this bringing more players into PvP.  Instead, it will just reinforce the idea to levelers that PvP is too risky for them to get involved in it

Not so the idea is that you can only lose xp when posted on the BB or you lose to a creature at least we are working on getting this there. Attack me for my gold and lose oh well I get a little of your gold and may or may not post you but no xp loss until I do so. Attack me for my gold and win I don't lose xp just gold and I may or may not post you. But if I do post you you will lose xp on the BB

2320275.png

#17 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:19

Read it 4 times and saw point number 2 say xp loss plus bounty.  Read it again after your post and it appears I misunderstood and the intent is indeed xp loss only on BB.  However it does bring up the question that point 2 seems to indicate a win doesn't get bountied but a loss does.  Is this really your intent?

Screenshot everything!

#18 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:45

Read it 4 times and saw point number 2 say xp loss plus bounty.  Read it again after your post and it appears I misunderstood and the intent is indeed xp loss only on BB.  However it does bring up the question that point 2 seems to indicate a win doesn't get bountied but a loss does.  Is this really your intent?

This is Badpenny's post, I am talking to her/him in game about it. I was asked to comment on this by Badpenny and am doing so to support both the Pvp point of view and mine from a leveler point of view. This is not a real answer but I will not change the post just try to direct it towards a solution that I believe will be acceptable to both sides as well as BG and HCS. I want xp loss to remain in the game in a very limited way and to that end both my and the Pvp points of view coincide.

2320275.png

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:35

My intent is that only 100 stam hits (regular PvP) be bountied.... win or lose.  I don't believe that deflected hits or 10 stam prestige hits should be eligible to be bountied, since there is really no harm, no foul, and these hits occur at most every 3 days....   And only in the case of a failed 100 stam attack would the attacker lose XP (we can lose this if people want, just thought it would make a nice risk factor... 2% rule and all)

As for the BB, the only real change would be the addition of the PvP XP ... Since that is Doom's idea, his explanation will have to suffice as to how that would work....  Also how much XP would be lost would be up to the cows, I suppose

One more thing I think I should mention... I successfully defend a lot, and there are more than a few times that I am thwarted in my attacks.  I feel that a successful defend should also earn prestige... Just my take on it... don't really care if you agree here... it's just common sense...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 midgetmanj

midgetmanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:21

This is a decent idea. Maybe not let the hunted in the bounty system not lose PvPXP  but thats just my thoughts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: