• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TRBLmaker

TRBLmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 18:33

I've been playing this game for 8 years and during all this time i noticed the new players quit fast coz the lack of stamina they gain and all we can do is to recommend them to do the Epic quest , so here's an idea to help the new blood to stay ..

If the developers can create a guild only to help the new players with auto-invite when a player registers he gets invited to this guild ..

The guild must have the following to help players

1-  Active vet players to help the new players.

2- Gear for hunting from level 1 to 100.

3- A relic only for this guild and cannot be taken by other guilds , with bonuses +50 stamina gain per hr and 2000 max stamina.

4- max members for this guild +250 or more .

After the player reach a certain level (example 100 ) he gets auto kicked..

After playing for 1 month he gets auto kicked.

After going inactive for 3 days he gets auto kicked .

This way will allow the other new players to join the guild 

If you have more ideas please post it .. only constructive comments :P

x4gK4aR.png

#2 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 18:50

This idea, in one way or another, has been put forth before.

Maybe it will fly this time, because I too have noticed how fast they come and go.  I would like then to hang around a little while.  I think it would help them master enough of the game to start  enjoying it.

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:48

Players can manually do most of this already, up to limitations.. making it automatic and done by the developers is only confusing and unnecessary..

Better off suggesting that new players start with more max stamina and hourly gain than trying to introduce a new feature..(which is definitely needed)

Edited by RebornJedi, 10 January 2017 - 01:49.

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:04

Among so much development left to wither, whatever happened to the Mentor plan? HCS actually had a check box started for players to participate in Prefs. "(Please note that the ability for new players to give Karma to Mentors will be implemented soon)." Same thing to get newbs going... but never happened :(

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:24

currently the "find a mentor" button is buried underneath 3 tab/links: action - find player - find mentor

IMO there should be a link on the sidebar:  

Questions? ask a veteran player! 

that would take you to the mentor page, only scratch the word mentor and just have that page say "the following players are available to answer questions"

(i would wager some think "mentor" is some kinda candy)

Edited by duktayp, 10 January 2017 - 02:27.

#6 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:21

Are you one of the "Active Vet Players" who will be in this risk free guild that's already been set up for you?

I don't want to see anything like this personally. I too have played the game for nine years.

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:11

There are SOOO many things that could be developed, especially with newbs, yet with a 10 year old game we are left with not much but devs issuing stronger skill levels in Super pots because it takes minimal effort! I might consider quid pro quo donations!!!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:28

While I agree new players need more encouragement, I am not sure this is the way. I'd rather see an option for already existing guilds to auto accept new players. It is not only the lack of stamina, but also the lack of help at the start, global chat is not always helpful. I have seen many new players being ignored there, even when there are players talking there. 

Another aspect for players to keep on playing is the people they meet and wether they can find a proper mentor.

For more encouragement, I'd rather see a free booster pack for each new player that joins. More options besides the epic quests to get upgrades for their character. And being automaticlaly being put into a guild (if possible)

Problems I see with your current suggestion... which vets would want to leave their current guild to be in a "noobie" guild, it would make the items below level 100 less interesting, as all players that use it (besides arena) are in that training guild only. Unfair competition as the vet players also get the relic bonus? Who is buying all the upgrades for that guild? (guild store slots/gear/guild bank/etc)

The thought is good, but not sure if it would work well considering the above.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:12

I have been on the mentors list for years. Very seldom does a new player contact me. When they do, I do my best to advise them, suggesting the epic quests, recommending a good guild, things like that. A noob guild really isn't the way to improve this imho. Rather, the suggestion to contact a mentor should be part of the tutorial, as well as the booster packs be replenished, with a link offering such.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 19:23

Honestly I just came back from a few year hiatus from the game. And it is kind of discouraging to see the highest online players count to hover around the 250 player mark. I remember when i first started seeing it around the 1,000-2,000 mark easily. Just hope something can be done. 

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 22:42

Technology is the culprit. Younger folks especially want fancy 3D animated graphics, catchy music and sfx, and an autoplay feature. FS hass none of these, nor should it. Many of our veterans have left, either because of boredom or lack of updates. Hopefully the new app will alleviate some of the turnover.

Edited by BadPenny, 15 January 2017 - 22:42.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 23:17

Sorry TRBL, but disagree entirely with this idea.

I don't see the benefit in telling new peeps that they shouldn't learn anything. 

Why would you give them gear? Why would you give them a Relic?

Why would you give them lots of stam at the beginning only to take away from that "later"? 

I took myself out of the mentor system. Really wish that HCS would clean that up. That said, I help where I can.

I just don't think giving people things for free is going to "make this game more interesting". 

As was mentioned, there is a type of person this game "might appeal to". 

You've been here almost as long as I have. The key for me is targeting an audience that "might" be interested in this type of game. 

But all that said, would you be in that proposed Guild? Who are these "active vet players"? Will they really be willing to leave their current Guild for this venture? 

What kind of salary would be involved? lol. I "have" seen players attempt this with zero reward. 

In short, there's really nothing stopping you from doing this yourself, with those who are interested that you can find.

Above and beyond this, I recently saw a player that did NOT want to join a guild. 

I mention this, simply because... well, things have changed a lot. Now it seems likes guilds are practically paying to get members to join. In my personal opinion, the worst thing that a player can do nowadays is enter a Guild right from the start. But I won't derail more than I already have. 

Personally, I'd suggest the contrary... not allowing a player to join a Guild for the first month of play, or other things you put up there. 

The most positive thing I've seen recently in the Global chat was the community spirit and a new player saying they were thankful for all the help. 

I def don't think it would be a good idea to force all new players together. 

Throw me in with what I've seen here, I'd probably have quit within 2 days. My "job" became weeding out the rotten apples to keep my Guildies happy. To let them play without drama. 

All that said, I hope I don't sound "harsh". I love the fact that we're thinking to get players interested in the game. 

But my opinion is that the only thing that keeps players involved in FS is the social interaction. And, truth be told, I believe handing everything over on a plate is a really bad idea. Take that plate away, and the player is going to get frustrated.

Whatever is done to draw in new players... if they are going to stay, they need to like the game. Frustration will inevitably come when they have no idea how to deal with anything the game has to offer.

#13 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:53

I don't think a lack of free stuff is what keeps new players from staying. The game is just not that appealing to most people... and will only continue to be less appealing as time goes on as more and more advanced games become playable on people's phones and weaker computers.

Inevitably, most people who try the game will probably quit.

Edited by SirAdmiral, 16 January 2017 - 01:57.

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:13

Sorry Egami,

I have to completely disagree with your post #12.

Guilds can be tremendously helpful for new players. It's respectable that some players want to play solo but I believe they are the exception than the rule. As you point out, the social aspect is one of the best features of FS and going solo doesn't really help getting more social, no?

My only evidence against you is my own play. I was touch and go in my early play in FS. I was having fun in the beginning collecting gear and leveling up until I met the snow leopard. Until a random person offered me to join his guild, I thought... meh... why not... I really started to kick butt after that but still learn things even today... without a guild, I probably would have quit like i have many other games that I have tried. I reach a point where I can't get any further... ask for help... get a little but not enough so I quit.

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 21:08

Sorry Egami,

I have to completely disagree with your post #12.

Guilds can be tremendously helpful for new players. It's respectable that some players want to play solo but I believe they are the exception than the rule. As you point out, the social aspect is one of the best features of FS and going solo doesn't really help getting more social, no?

My only evidence against you is my own play. I was touch and go in my early play in FS. I was having fun in the beginning collecting gear and leveling up until I met the snow leopard. Until a random person offered me to join his guild, I thought... meh... why not... I really started to kick butt after that but still learn things even today... without a guild, I probably would have quit like i have many other games that I have tried. I reach a point where I can't get any further... ask for help... get a little but not enough so I quit.

I don't disagree with your take. I get it. 

Since, you centered on the "joining a guild or not" idea, I kind of figure you skipped the rest. 

So, ok, let's assume that joining a guild is the best thing that can possibly happen. 

Now read my post to see why I disagree with the OP's suggestion. This is not a post about whether joining a Guild is a good idea or not.

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 21:29

I don't disagree with your take. I get it. 

Since, you centered on the "joining a guild or not" idea, I kind of figure you skipped the rest. 

So, ok, let's assume that joining a guild is the best thing that can possibly happen. 

Now read my post to see why I disagree with the OP's suggestion. This is not a post about whether joining a Guild is a good idea or not.

Which part?

I figured the bolded parts were your main theme?

"Personally, I'd suggest the contrary... not allowing a player to join a Guild for the first month of play, or other things you put up there. "

And other areas for why I posted:

"But my opinion is that the only thing that keeps players involved in FS is the social interaction. And, truth be told, I believe handing everything over on a plate is a really bad idea. Take that plate away, and the player is going to get frustrated."

"Frustration will inevitably come when they have no idea how to deal with anything the game has to offer."

My frustration came from being unable to beat the snow leopard... I was handed a plate of emissaries and totally loved it.

So I strongly disagree with your bolded statement based on my personal experience.

#17 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 21:47

So I strongly disagree with your bolded statement based on my personal experience.

Ok, great.

So any comments on what the OP actually suggests in this thread? 

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 21:49

Ok, great.

So any comments on what the OP actually suggests in this thread? 

Not really... I figured my "like" was enough...

Idea could be tweaked a little but I like the general concept.

#19 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 January 2017 - 21:53

i think it could help the newbies get an idea if they are gonna stick around or not, but most would dissapear soon as they got kicked and lost all freebies..

also the "vets" in guild should NOT be alowed to titan hunt, or gain benefit from the +50 stam relic.. then we would see who actually wanted to help newbies, or just benefit themselves.

Edited by leefylee, 17 January 2017 - 21:53.

#20 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 13:43

I'm not listed as a mentor, but I get asked a LOT of stuff by new players anyway, dunno how they find me, but yeah... I don't mind, I always help when I can.

I'm not into being curled in new games I join, and the tutorial is already a good start... no need imho to babysit players just cuz they are new in the game. 

One thing that I keep getting reminded of though, whenever I am helping someone find their next map to level on, is the fact that lvl 1-100 is like a maze, a labyrinth, compared to higher levels. It's been 1000s of levels since we had such areas at EOC ... hint hint 

Edited by Mzzery, 18 January 2017 - 13:43.

og3DxyP.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: