#1 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:10

I always hear low levels complaining high lvls don't help which isn't nescessarily true.

How about something that would give higher lvl players the incentive to help lower players whilst also being benefitial to lower players as they get the help they need for instances. High levels will have stuff to do after hitting lvl 40 and help the community.

I'm not quite sure what to implement atm but maybe less repairs when activated, new rewards or something to that nature that is worth it.

Just an idea.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#2 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:28

Isn't the good feeling of having helped someone an incentive enough?  :P Man, I wouldn't want someone to think I'm only helping them for my own benefit.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#3 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:42

Yea i understand what you're saying and do agree ideally it should be like that but it's not anymore.

I've seen low levels paying gold to get a run of ohdar etc and still getting no-one helping, or saying need a instance for days on end. It would do more damage to the game for the players to get stuck on instances and give up altogether with the game. So thought what if there was a incentive to help.

I've helped many people so it isn't why im suggesting this, i just can't help them all.

Edit: Maybe when more players join this won't be an issue.

Edited by Ant, 27 February 2014 - 12:49.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#4 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 13:06

We could use a Mentor system here..

But I don't see the ones that do it getting compensated for it.. I have played a few game where Mentors get paid a certain amount of Game currency.... Most of the Mentors are useless and only do it for the pay..... And the couple Mentors that really cared and did the Jobs didn't last long....Before the head Mentor found some BS reason to get rid of them....

#5 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 13:37

In low instances there's no reason at all we need to do them once we level up. There's only so much helping one likes to do and that's when they feel like it.

Next to no exp or none, gold can be made much easier elsewhere and repairs that low lvls don't mind you affording.

Every scenario you're basically worse off helping, unless they're your friends. I don't mind myself I know quite alot of nice people.

Edited by Ant, 27 February 2014 - 13:38.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#6 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 14:42

I had issues finding a group for Ohdar so I could complete it at least once to get rid of the quests, so it took a while, I think I was level 30 when we finally finished the whole run. But, what I want to say is, you can leave the group quests hanging and go do other stuff, not being able to complete the group run quests doesn't mean that you're stuck. Even not getting all the remnants/equips doesn't mean that you're stuck, eventually you'll need to get new armor anyway so they're not that important (until, like, To3 or TR, I don't know yet). I've never had a full set until level 30, and level 30 sets for all classes can be crafted in full, no dungeons needed. I'll be wearing this stuff for a long time now. :D (Digressed from the topic a bit, sorry.)

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#7 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 14:47

Well I don't mean helping as in doing Quest with them.. More like Advise and giving tips on Quests.. Stuff along that Idea... There is no real reason to run instances for people.. Just how I see it....

#8 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 15:05

I had issues finding a group for Ohdar so I could complete it at least once to get rid of the quests, so it took a while, I think I was level 30 when we finally finished the whole run. But, what I want to say is, you can leave the group quests hanging and go do other stuff, not being able to complete the group run quests doesn't mean that you're stuck. Even not getting all the remnants/equips doesn't mean that you're stuck, eventually you'll need to get new armor anyway so they're not that important (until, like, To3 or TR, I don't know yet). I've never had a full set until level 30, and level 30 sets for all classes can be crafted in full, no dungeons needed. I'll be wearing this stuff for a long time now. :D (Digressed from the topic a bit, sorry.)

You will struggle to find a To3 group no-one does really, aim for TR armour but even TR is struggling to find people at times.

Update is in March so you should have plenty of time to get TR armour before then hopefully but that takes like 60 something runs, which takes roughly 20mins each one. No level 40s that have TR armour will run TR when lvl 45 comes.

@Shy

Yea I don't want to make the game easy for people, I was just trying to think of how to resolved current situation of no-one to run dungeons with. If an idea pops in my head I post to see what people think before I forget it lol :).

Edited by Ant, 27 February 2014 - 15:16.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#9 Nikopol

Nikopol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:24

20 + level I pass himself instance Boondocks Remnant, 30 + will also be held Vault. Players are asked to gather a group for the instance are divided into two categories: 1) greedy and hurried, all by myself the other 2) to help others in the chat request, free of charge (I am).

#10 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:29

Sorry Frozen I don't understand this part "20 + level I pass himself instance Boondocks Remnant, 30 + will also be held Vault."

If you could clarify would be great :)

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#11 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 19:00

The mentor aspect is done in some MMO. Normally you get mentor points which can then be traded in for something useful. Fusion power would be an example. High levels need a lot of that to create high level gems. By getting mentor points and trading for something high levels want would make it much easier to attract support for assisting lower levels.

Some possible alternative rewards other than fusion powder: tokens that provide free resets for respec, resurrection. Tokens that can be applied to gems to permit them to be socketed into nondefault items -- e.g. add weapon gem to armor (only applicable once, if removed for resocketing that attribute would vanish). There are a number of ideas that can make mentoring very attractive.

• Ant likes this

#12 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:41

This is a good idea. Mentor points or even a little gold to help repairs would be great. An incentive to make the lvl 40 players get to know the lvl 10 players a little bit better. I'm all for it.

• Ant likes this

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#13 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 13:19

I have seen this in many games, and is fallensword its called Karma so if they do this they should use the same name.

In this game it could reduce repairs since you are helping your "disciple", that would be legit....

I hate odhar so i dont help...

I help a lot, everyday i help one team doing SV/GC(if there is a tank for garai) with no charge, and when i see anyone asking for boondocks i help as well, though for this i always ask for the flake drop if there is one...

For to3 i found SD that helped me and a team do TO3 we could not find a second healer and suddenly SD came to the rescue, this seems to be IMO the hardest dungeon to find a team as there are very few benefits doing it, ppl do it once to do the quest then the ppl already level 40 help doing it once or twice, and not many as said before the rewards arent that appeling comparing to the rewards.

TR cant give my oppinion

Edited by Susej, 28 February 2014 - 13:23.

• Ant likes this

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#14 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 16:53

Sorry Frozen I don't understand this part "20 + level I pass himself instance Boondocks Remnant, 30 + will also be held Vault."

If you could clarify would be great :)

You can solo Boondocks when you're level 20+, and 30+ you can solo The Vault.

I tried soloing the Vault today but ran back before the first boss, wasn't sure if I could make it.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#15 Andras

Andras

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 20:20

A mentor system would be great, in my opinion.

Isn't the good feeling of having helped someone an incentive enough?  :P Man, I wouldn't want someone to think I'm only helping them for my own benefit.

It was mentioned in another thread, that prestige points could be awarded with mentoring, which isn't a huge reward so it wouldn't make you feel as bad, I guess? xD

An idea I had, was to allow high level players to 'de-level' their character. This could be done simply by adding a debuff to the player, according to the level they wish to de-level to. If they de-level to 15 from 20, they would get as much XP from the Vault as they would from Ohdar Scar. Considering you keep your skills and talents, you would still be stronger than the average level 15. Which is not a bad thing, to be honest. So then a mentor could actually play with their disciple and show them things, rather than just doing things for them.

Another thing that could be done, is to use the 'Group XP' system, to a great extent. Where as, when in a group with your mentor / disciples, you could gain more bonuses. Better XP gain and loot drops, for example.

Otherwise, I support helping new players. :D

You are a child, until your dust is thrown to the wind. Living on, through the echoes of your life, in Humanities' mind.

We are the image of the invincible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: