Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:51

Hi all,

There has been some discussion on the forum regarding the Purist and Soldier classes in regards to ammo creation and ammo costs in general. The intention is/was that weaponary that utlizes ammo has a slightly higher damage rating than normal non-ammo weaponary. However we've been listening to your feedback and would like to know your thoughts to improved the classes based on your experiences in the game so far. Our current thoughts are as follows:

Purist
Increase the 'base' chance of ammo creation and reduce the Psi cost for ammo creation.

Soldier
Either:
Increase ammo/weapon capacities or implement stackable items - which would work for both medipacks and ammo.

This would have a knock on effect on other classes also, however we would like to hear your feedback on this and any other aspects of the game which you feel could be improved.

Many thanks for supporting the game and we appreciate your comments!

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

#2 ss_kigga

ss_kigga
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:54

Well could you possibly make the ammo for Purists stackable as well if that's what you do with soldiers?

#3 ss_skytc7v62

ss_skytc7v62
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:55

i love the idea of the soldier since i am one. right now soldiers and purists seem to be at a disadvantage to cyborgs and mutants in that they have better items and its cheaper

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Well could you possibly make the ammo for Purists stackable as well if that's what you do with soldiers?

It would be all ammo, not just Soldier ammo. :)

#5 ss_kigga

ss_kigga
  • Guests

It would be all ammo, not just Soldier ammo. :)

Awesome.

----------------
Now playing: Godsmack - I Stand Alone
via FoxyTunes

#6 icsbird

icsbird

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I think it would be a good idea that along with reducing ammo costs we could build psi weapons that didn't always require ammo. such as maybe a bladed weapon specific for purists.

#7 ss_dfire

ss_dfire
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:56

Increase weapon capacity please for soldiers:)

#8 ss_roojrotc

ss_roojrotc
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:56

what bothers me isn't the ammo really, but the difference between the cyborg, and mutant classes and then to us the purist and soldier classes... they have many special weapons for them (i.e. buzzfist, mutation and gamma bites) but none for us...i ran into a mind needle blueprint, (but the items to make it don't exist.)

#9 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:57

I've posted a few times that I'd like to see ammo stay the same price but have a bit more damage and have a reduction in gear damage from using a long weapon (see post in thread that led to this).

In general I think this helps fix 1/2 the problem (stacking ammo). The other half is the energy expenditure (and getting hit) to reload and taking gear damage for it.

I like the soldier class but it needs to have a more discernible trade-off. Right now it seems to come with ammo costs that yield few benefits. I understand Varkaz' point about higher damage - but who hasn't gotten damage high enough yet? And, it's only about 3-4% higher overall. That doesn't do all that much given the damage functions....

#10 ss_goalieking

ss_goalieking
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:57

good idea, sadly some1 took my "Woo #1" off the post thus i still remain never having a number 1 post =(
ANY WHO
ya all ideas check out, love to see them added!

#11 devincache

devincache

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:58

maybe you could reduce the psi points needed to create some ammo? :D

#12 ss_ejames2100

ss_ejames2100
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:58

Ammo stackable isd good as long as it isnt infinte :)

Maybe 5 per BP space :)

#13 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 22:59

It would be a very good improvement. The relatively low chance of charging shards and the cost of buying them makes it very hard to collect some credits and therefore worthwile to continuously do this. It's the main reason I switched to a weapon which doesn't need ammo....speaking as a purist here.

#14 ss_drizzit

ss_drizzit
  • Guests

How about more lvls to hunt instead?

#15 ss_resido

ss_resido
  • Guests

It's nice to know that HCS is listening to us! :) This is exactly what we were after in the next update! (well at least from my perspective from reading the forums.)
**Thumbs Up**

#16 ss_kuba

ss_kuba
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 23:00

I like idea of stackable items (as a Soldier).

#17 comesons

comesons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 23:01

Ok this is my thought for Purist

The Purist have great skills but the ammo thing i thing is not as good as i thought. The shard does around the same amount of damage as normal ammo. i found no difference in it But what i think might really be helpful is increasing amount of ammo in a shard. This could be so that the higher the level of the skill the more ammo u get to a maximum of 30 or 35 ammos
Pls comment...

comesontagcopy_zps101a0385.png

#18 ss_militia

ss_militia
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 23:02

Guns in general.

I feel there should be no durability loss from firing a gun, as you are buying ammunition what is the point of the gun losing durability, a few examples of games that follow this principle would be World of warcraft, and everquest.

#19 ss_rulen

ss_rulen
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 23:03

From what I've seen there has been nothing really impressive about the soldier weapons that I can't get from my mutant weapons so maybe make it so that different ammos provide additional damage. Same with purist. Ammo runs out too often and rarely seems to help at all.

#20 ss_supmet

ss_supmet
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 23:04

Guns in general.

I feel there should be no durability loss from firing a gun, as you are buying ammunition what is the point of the gun losing durability, a few examples of games that follow this principle would be World of warcraft, and everquest.

I'm pretty sure if I swung my sword everytime you shot your gun(and you didn't do maintenance on it), my sword would last longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: