Photo

Brewing Custom Potions (Composing)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this idea? (401 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Voted Yes (375 votes [93.52%])

Percentage of vote: 93.52%

2. Voted No (26 votes [6.48%])

Percentage of vote: 6.48%

Vote

#241 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 19:42

Would be cool to see this aspect soon (not next afew months) :P

I hope so too. Would add lots of interest to various aspects of game as well as sink a heck load of items/ gear.

Would be cool with chompers event :)

#242 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 19:50

Would be cool with chompers event :)

Chompers event, then other regular LE events ( caves for gold, realms for stam sink)

Also sink alot of items cluttering up the game. I've been stoked about the possiblity of custom leveled ( reasonable powerful) long lasting gvg/ pvp pots, leveling pots or titan pots etc etc.

Also I'd be willing to bet theres alot of guilds with BIG inventories licking their chops to get rid of some gear in exchange for making useful potions.Theres alot of out dated gear in the game that could be melted down.

#243 Adaian

Adaian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:21

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, I did not read every page.

What about a pot for "Upgrades" where it is a single use pot that mimics the effects of the FSP upgrades. Not making them go any higher then they currently are but allowing lower level players the chance to make these pots to help upgrade their gaming experience. This would be a bound pot so it would get players to try their hands at these pots. Some of the names are for beginners, I know 150 stam isn't going to level anyone not level higher level players.

Add "Potion of" to the beginning of most of these

"One More Level" +150 current stam

"Time" +10 max stam

"One more bubble" +1% Experience towards next level

"I'm RICH!" +50,000 Gold

"IR SMRT" +25 XP gain (per hour)

"Ballin" +10 Gold Gain (per hour)

"I Work out" +1 Stamina Gain (per hour)

"Bulging Bank" +1 Bank Deposits per day

"More pockets" +1 Inventory (Backpack) Slot

This one can be a dual

"Friend or Foe" 50-50 chance to add +1 Max Allies or +1 Max Enemies
or just make it "Friend" and "Foe"

"Wrong Tree" Resets All Skill Points

(Not sure about the single skill reset)

"Banker" Refill All Bank Deposits

"On The Hunt" +100 Bounty Tickets

"Total Reset" Player Reset

"Make FSP" +1 Marketplace Listing

"Ready for War" +1 Combat Set

"Tell us More" +25 Bio Characters

"Little Pocket" +1 Component Inventory Size

"Arena" +1 Combat Move Sets

"Non-trust" +1 Max Secure Trade

PvP protection is already a gold sink so you can either go with another sink or keep it.

#244 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:53

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, I did not read every page.

What about a pot for "Upgrades" where it is a single use pot that mimics the effects of the FSP upgrades. Not making them go any higher then they currently are but allowing lower level players the chance to make these pots to help upgrade their gaming experience. This would be a bound pot so it would get players to try their hands at these pots. Some of the names are for beginners, I know 150 stam isn't going to level anyone not level higher level players.

Add "Potion of" to the beginning of most of these

"One More Level" +150 current stam

"Time" +10 max stam

"One more bubble" +1% Experience towards next level

"I'm RICH!" +50,000 Gold

"IR SMRT" +25 XP gain (per hour)

"Ballin" +10 Gold Gain (per hour)

"I Work out" +1 Stamina Gain (per hour)

"Bulging Bank" +1 Bank Deposits per day

"More pockets" +1 Inventory (Backpack) Slot

This one can be a dual

"Friend or Foe" 50-50 chance to add +1 Max Allies or +1 Max Enemies
or just make it "Friend" and "Foe"

"Wrong Tree" Resets All Skill Points

(Not sure about the single skill reset)

"Banker" Refill All Bank Deposits

"On The Hunt" +100 Bounty Tickets

"Total Reset" Player Reset

"Make FSP" +1 Marketplace Listing

"Ready for War" +1 Combat Set

"Tell us More" +25 Bio Characters

"Little Pocket" +1 Component Inventory Size

"Arena" +1 Combat Move Sets

"Non-trust" +1 Max Secure Trade

PvP protection is already a gold sink so you can either go with another sink or keep it.

Two words mate.......why donate?

Cheers.

wil72

#245 Adaian

Adaian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2013 - 23:23

Cheers.

wil72

Make them rare. Chance to get it would be minimal and some people can't afford to donate and if they have a reason to play they can still use the offers to get Shards.

#246 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 00:23

Cheers.

wil72

Make them rare. Chance to get it would be minimal and some people can't afford to donate and if they have a reason to play they can still use the offers to get Shards.

Have no idea what you mean mate. If such pots are introduced, as you suggest, then items can be used to invent them...no? Success rate in inventing would have to be near to zero to make it a viable addition to the game. Otherwise like i said before....why donate.

HCS has to make a few pennies from players, I would imagine.

Cheers.

wil72

#247 Adaian

Adaian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:13

Have no idea what you mean mate. If such pots are introduced, as you suggest, then items can be used to invent them...no? Success rate in inventing would have to be near to zero to make it a viable addition to the game. Otherwise like i said before....why donate.

Cheers.

wil72

If people are doing the rewards from the upgrade section HCS gets money from that and we get shards.

#248 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40

Cheers.

wil72

If people are doing the rewards from the upgrade section HCS gets money from that and we get shards.

I would imagine they make a whole lot more money from donations... but that's just me...

#249 fs_id0ntkn0w

fs_id0ntkn0w
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:08

I like the idea stated back somewhere in this post about the epic to make and epic pot and le for and le pot. Some epics are really dropping in price and it would be nice to see them back to where they were in price. But I also like the idea where you have to make your own pots. So in my personal opinion it would be nice if those both were part of the brewing. :)

#250 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09

We need to hold BigGrim's Transformer 'figures' to ransom untill this gets done.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#251 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:13

i'd picture grim more of a Dalek lover :lol:

#252 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2013 - 18:40

Nah Grim's Megatron figure takes pride of place on his desk. It's the perfect blackmail weapon!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#253 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2013 - 14:57

Bump

#254 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2013 - 15:34

I'm still hopeful that we'll see this soon, though the new Buffs will most likely come first. I see this as a good thing, as we will have a bunch of new potion only Buffs to play with by then!

Heck, if we have enough buffs, I could see us having a few which could only be gained through Composing itself! I think that could be cool.

Nah Grim's Megatron figure takes pride of place on his desk. It's the perfect blackmail weapon!

Megatron and Prime were replaced aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago as my desk toys. Still have them somewhere or other though.

#255 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 15:52

I'm still hopeful that we'll see this soon, though the new Buffs will most likely come first. I see this as a good thing, as we will have a bunch of new potion only Buffs to play with by then!

Heck, if we have enough buffs, I could see us having a few which could only be gained through Composing itself! I think that could be cool.

Megatron and Prime were replaced aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago as my desk toys. Still have them somewhere or other though.

then we shall find these new desk toys and hold them hostage!!

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#256 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:21

it has been more than a month since this topic was originally raised by Hoof and with a 95% approval rate. Where are we on this again?

bunping this thread

#257 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:02

it has been more than a month since this topic was originally raised by Hoof and with a 95% approval rate. Where are we on this again?

bunping this thread

Next year maybe :lol:

Would be cool if they update us with their progresses so we could know they didn't leave us in this game dry to focus on other games....

#258 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:45

bunping this thread

This is still on the immediate to do list, after skills.

#259 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 13:41

bunping this thread

This is still on the immediate to do list, after skills.

That's ... kinda a shame, actually. I believe I've said this before, but I was really hopeful that some of the new buffs and potions would tie in to the new Composing mechanic, and that the Skill Trees would be restructured to compensate for this -- i.e. a first-level buff that helps with Composing would be fit in earlier, at level 300-500 (perhaps with Extractor or Four Leaf as a prerequisite), and a second-level buff later on in the tree.

#260 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2013 - 16:47

New buffs have to be coded before they can be included into Composing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: