• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RsMember

RsMember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 20:18

As Fallen Sword continues to age and more and more levels and content continue to get released, it had me thinking, wouldn't it be a fun, new challenge to have a "solo mode"?  Solo mode would force players to become independent on gear and potions among other things, and could make the "Special" Auction House potions more desirable for some.

This option could be voluntary as well, and it would challenge players to be more strategic with their gameplay.  It could be hosted on a separate server, with its' own rankings.  Problems would come into play with guilds and composing potions that can be tagged.  Perhaps guilds shouldn't be included on a solo game mode?

Anyway, my brain just kind of threw this idea together out of thin air.  I'd love some input!

Update:

For FSP upgrade purposes - a Gold to FSP option could be established on a set number of Gold to FSP determined by the community and HCS to keep the playing advantage fair.  Donations could of course, still be made in game during promos

Edited by RsMember, 03 October 2017 - 20:22.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 October 2017 - 22:04

I'm sorry hon, but the social aspects of the game impact the game too much to do away with them.  There are creatures that really can only be killed by a group, Titans are a guild activity,  our guilds and friends are like family.    If we're going to play alone, there's no interaction and tbh, I probably wouldn't still be here after 10 years without it.  It's the definition of MMORPG...

I rarely use guild gear myself, but I do encourage others, especially the new, to do so.  I not only compose for my guild, I use potions others compose, along with invented potions and cave potions that other  players farmed from the AH and I use Specials too. 

FS was designed to be a community.  I respectfully have to give this a NO WAY JOSE....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2017 - 22:09

I'm sorry hon, but the social aspects of the game impact the game too much to do away with them.  There are creatures that really can only be killed by a group, Titans are a guild activity,  our guilds and friends are like family.    If we're going to play alone, there's no interaction and tbh, I probably wouldn't still be here after 10 years without it.  It's the definition of MMORPG...

I rarely use guild gear myself, but I do encourage others, especially the new, to do so.  I not only compose for my guild, I use potions others compose, along with invented potions and cave potions that other  players farmed from the AH and I use Specials too. 

FS was designed to be a community.  I respectfully have to give this a NO WAY JOSE....

With the megapots now - even composing ones - there's very little that springs to mind that can't be solo'd. In fact, I can't think of anything ?

I think this could be a viable ALTERNATIVE / EXTRA to the game personally.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 RsMember

RsMember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 22:55

I agree BP, I was thinking it could be like an extra, kind of like how Runescape has "Ironman mode", players can still interact, they just can't benefit off each other.  If players didn't want to opt into it they wouldn't have to, but it may encourage more players to stay

#5 Cswizzle

Cswizzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 23:21

I personally like the idea, however I see some difficulty in creating this game. Maybe we could still have an auction house, and maybe the interactions of players be not as limited as you've said. I think this could be a great game and maybe the competitiveness would spark the game a little bit, I just am not sure how many people would want to play without a guild. Also this could lead to people creating non-publicly known pacts or factions that would deter the entire idea of self supporting characters... Either way I would love to discuss this more, its very interesting! xD

#6 RsMember

RsMember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 23:54

I personally like the idea, however I see some difficulty in creating this game. Maybe we could still have an auction house, and maybe the interactions of players be not as limited as you've said. I think this could be a great game and maybe the competitiveness would spark the game a little bit, I just am not sure how many people would want to play without a guild. Also this could lead to people creating non-publicly known pacts or factions that would deter the entire idea of self supporting characters... Either way I would love to discuss this more, its very interesting! xD

It would definitely be a harder aspect of the game, and I personally would be willing to go as far as to say that all items become non-tradeable.  We could also take on an even further challenge and make it to so the critters take ALL of your gold (except what is banked) when you die to them.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:44

It's challenging enough trying to hunt on a tiny mobile device.  A mini game, maybe, a quest arc might also be ok.... But I play a lot of games, and I get plenty bored plenty fast with 100% PvE platforms.  I play games to be with other people, not to avoid them....

I'm just one old lady, life doesn't revolve around me.  I'm still not convinced though.... I need the company that FS provides....  Why do you want to change that dynamic?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 RsMember

RsMember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:11

It's challenging enough trying to hunt on a tiny mobile device.  A mini game, maybe, a quest arc might also be ok.... But I play a lot of games, and I get plenty bored plenty fast with 100% PvE platforms.  I play games to be with other people, not to avoid them....

I'm just one old lady, life doesn't revolve around me.  I'm still not convinced though.... I need the company that FS provides....  Why do you want to change that dynamic?

It wouldn't change the dynamic at all!  Players can opt to decide whether to play in the regular FS they always know and love, or if they would like to participate/join in the new "Solo" server.  Those that enjoy the regular fun the game has to offer can continue to enjoy, and if people want to pursue the solo aspect, then they can achieve those goals as well!

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:11

? What? You want to play solo?

Ask everyone to put you on Iggy. Drop out of the Guild you're in. If you are in one. Then give me your extra gear.

When you are done Enjoying playing alone. Just start another thread, asking everyone to remove you from their Iggy list

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:27

I'm just one old lady, life doesn't revolve around me. 

to me it does penny

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 13:05

I think the game already offers this option. You see, I play solo and have to do everything by myself. I see some fun in it. I have to evolve in the game as my character evolves. My learning curve is not so good, but still I am learning more and more about the game. Also, the only things I cannot do are: relics and GvG. With my solo guild I can hunt Titans and SE with the help of mercenaries, when needed. I get my own gear from fighting creatures or AH (don't like this one). I invent/compose my potions and gears.

Anyway, if the community wants it, my thumbs are up. Just saying that the OP is not that different than the way I play.

Cheers!

Edited by MSCruz, 04 October 2017 - 13:05.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#12 RsMember

RsMember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 15:29

I think the game already offers this option. You see, I play solo and have to do everything by myself. I see some fun in it. I have to evolve in the game as my character evolves. My learning curve is not so good, but still I am learning more and more about the game. Also, the only things I cannot do are: relics and GvG. With my solo guild I can hunt Titans and SE with the help of mercenaries, when needed. I get my own gear from fighting creatures or AH (don't like this one). I invent/compose my potions and gears.

Anyway, if the community wants it, my thumbs are up. Just saying that the OP is not that different than the way I play.

Cheers!

Cheers!

What I am proposing is very similar to what you are saying, however there would also be rankings for those that opt into solo play.

#13 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 21:56

What I am proposing is very similar to what you are saying, however there would also be rankings for those that opt into solo play.

what rankings? We get medals. You are also ranked by how you Level compared to when you started playing. Also if you look on the left. You have Top Rated. First Sub Category is Players

Edited by cucullainn, 04 October 2017 - 21:56.

#14 RsMember

RsMember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 13:57

what rankings? We get medals. You are also ranked by how you Level compared to when you started playing. Also if you look on the left. You have Top Rated. First Sub Category is Players

I am talking about the rankings list that you mention.  There could be a separate page for tracking those that have opted into the "solo" mode.

#15 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 23:12

I have hunted SEs. I can see trying to designate how many of those someone has killed solo. But must of the other rankings are based on the individual. So, good luck playing by yourself.

Oh. Does playing solo mean not being able to talk to others in Global chat as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: