Old UI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#21 fs_cobra7781

fs_cobra7781
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:02

I hate the new UI. It sucks.

You might wanna explain, give details, say what you don't like about it.
Honestly, at the beginning I really didn't like it. But I got used to it and now I wouldn't go back to old UI.

+1 am the same but i knew it was going to change so made myself get used to it and i honeslty think its better :)

#22 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:06

Please don't discontinue the old UI, lets face it, the new one is not appealing whatsoever to some of us. I don't see the problem with keeping the old one as it has been and just updating the new one when it becomes necessary. There are other problems in the game that should be addressed first before this even comes into play.

totally agreed

#23 KingWeeman

KingWeeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Romania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:06

Great!Now I can quit the game...You have done nothing about mobile phones, did you?This old UI works PERFECTLY on my phone.How does the new one work?10 times slower, menus WON'T OPEN when they do, they show only the first 4-5 of the links there...for example i cannot open the character tab and go to settings...or open the actions tab and go to auction house...why?i have told you about this problem before and you seem to have done NOTHING about it...instead of fixing what needs to be fixed you fix what doesen't...

kyorakusig_zps8dff8436.jpg

#24 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:09

Great!Now I can quit the game...You have done nothing about mobile phones, did you?This old UI works PERFECTLY on my phone.How does the new one work?10 times slower, menus WON'T OPEN when they do, they show only the first 4-5 of the links there...for example i cannot open the character tab and go to settings...or open the actions tab and go to auction house...why?i have told you about this problem before and you seem to have done NOTHING about it...instead of fixing what needs to be fixed you fix what doesen't...

Please calm down. Such things take time. If you think it is something you just ''do'', then I suggest you help out HCS by constructing an app for the game which works for everyone.

#25 KingWeeman

KingWeeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Romania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:12

Yes they take time...so do the new updates they've been adding...i told them about this problem the moment i first used the alpha server i think it was months ago...still, they are working on other aspects of the game, like this new gvg thing(that's not necessarely bad thing) instead of fixing smething that we need in order to play.I don't need gvgs to play the game even if i like gvging...i DO need a working UI.Simple as that

#26 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:13

weewee.. Let's face it, FS is a heavy enough game so it's normal it's slow on a cellphone.
It's designed for computers, not cellphones.

While it would be nice to have the game running smootly on the cellphone, they have some MUCH more important things to work on.

All the staff already as their energy elsewhere. I could be nice if they would hire someone devoted to cellphone application but it's not a necessary thing in my opinion, really not.

Just saying also, I do come on from my cellphone and I'm prepared to have it run slowly.. It's the price to pay for being a bit addicted to game and not waiting to come back home on my CPU ;)

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#27 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:14

IMO, this entire new UI endeavor over the past few months has been a total waste of man hours

#28 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:15

Futhermore, not everyone in the HCS staff can make everything. Some are creating the images, some are working on the code and some are working on other things. The ones who could make a cellphone application might be busy with other things. That doesn't neccesarily have to be the GvG system you mentioned.

#29 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:17

Hi HCS and forum!

Bump

#30 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:19

I have a big problem with the new UI. The text is very hard to read. The spacing between links (on the left hand side bar) and between logs is very long or very short.

Which theme are you using?

Classic Theme. The other themes are even worse

#31 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:19

4. PLEASE DO NOT DENY THE USE OF THE OLD INTERFACE, UNTIL THE NEW INTERFACE IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL. WITH FSHELPER.

No to this.
HCS should not wait till fshelper fixes everything before going with their plans.

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#32 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:21

Hi HCS and forum!

I used the new interface at the end of my last hunt. :cry:
1. fshelper does not work. No quick kill. NO HUNT...(majar panics)
2. "0" zero on the keypad does not send you back to "world". This may be fshelper.
3. #s work OK, but this is not quick kill.
4. PLEASE DO NOT DENY THE USE OF THE OLD INTERFACE, UNTIL THE NEW INTERFACE IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL. WITH FSHELPER.

Thnx
sincerely :|
majar :mrgreen:

Quick kill exists in the new map. Set the combat speed to ''instant'' and it will work just like with FSH in the old UI.

#33 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:22

halo HCS/Hoofmaster,

Bump

majar :oops:

#34 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:22

I agree with Roan. The future of Fallensword should not depend on when FSH gets updated for new features.

#35 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:23

halo HCS/Hoofmaster,

Additionally, Is there anyway that HCS can update the new interface with quick kill and "0"=world, that is functional? Then It would not be so bad. "R" = repair also. thnx.

Sincerely :|
majar :oops:

All these works perfectly for me. Do you have the FSH updated?

#36 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:23

Ok,hoof could you please remove Lightwalk you implemented from old map if u gonna keep it?

#37 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:24

Its great and all but I still think they should have worked out more of the kinks in the alpha server. It is true that it was in alpha stage too long but it was also too short due to the amount of improvement that happened while in the alpha stage. Whenever we gave feedback it seemed they had "other" things that they were working on and wouldn't bother with the alpha. Which then makes me think what are they going to do when the new UI goes to hell in a hand-basket?

Myself I personally like the old one more. I switched over to the new for a few days and it completely changes the feel of the game that I am used to. I feel like I have to learn the game over again.

It's a good idea to switch things up to try and bring more players in but will the existing players be left in the dust that like the way the old UI worked? The new one is aesthetically pleasing but I would take functionality over "cool" looking any day.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#38 KingWeeman

KingWeeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Romania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:25

weewee.. Let's face it, FS is a heavy enough game so it's normal it's slow on a cellphone.
While it would be nice to have the game running smootly on the cellphone, they have some MUCH more important things to work on.

well...they DON'T have to do anything more...It works now!how could they not have time to Not do something they planned on doing...if they would leave thing how they are they wouldn't have to waste time to frce this new ui upon us...so in my opinion that argument is invalid
On the other hand, yes it will work slower on your phone...it won't work on mine.Right no, it shows up like on my desktop, i got opera mini so i can use any sites like i use them on my pc...for sme reasons the menus don't open...so my gaming experience would be reduced to...staring at the homepage for hours, or moving on to another game.I don't want that, i really love the way it is now.Players can chose wether they wnt the new ui or the old one.

#39 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:26

All the staff already as their energy elsewhere. I could be nice if they would hire someone devoted to cellphone application but it's not a necessary thing in my opinion, really not.

Just saying also, I do come on from my cellphone and I'm prepared to have it run slowly.. It's the price to pay for being a bit addicted to game and not waiting to come back home on my CPU ;)

While I totally agree it need not be a priority I thought I'd jump on the mobile bandwagon when I saw it, I remember a while ago hoof did a general inquiry in a thread about interest in a mobile app I believe it was something most people had/still have on a wish list

#40 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:27

Hi Tyskersejt

I need fshelpers bona fide quickkill. I have my settings to "instant". gtg, ss2 calls. thnx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: