• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:01

Edit: I have made a new discovery regarding this bug. Please see my reply below.

From today's update:

"Life steal from gems is now limited to 4 procs per second."

Currently, there seems to be a serious issue with this new change, in that:

1) When a player has two life on hit gems or life on hit weapons equipped, the proc counter is doubled.

2) If a player has exceeded the procs per second(PPS) limit, and continues to apply more life on hit effects, the proc counter will not properly reset each second.

2.5?) ALL life steal effects, not just those from gems or rolls, might count towards PPS or interfere with the PPS mechanic in some way(this is only my speculation).

Just a few minutes ago, I tested the new mechanics on the Temple Guardian(To3) boss fight, with my usual life on hit setup(Marauder, and two 48 life on hit knuckles).

Some findings:

-When I had both knuckles equipped, I would frequently exceed the PPS limit with my normal rotation. This should theoretically be impossible, since I attack at most, twice per second(one-handed weapons have a swing speed of 1.66 attacks per second) except when using Rupture(which double-hits for the purposes of life on hit, but also costs double durability) and following that up with a regular attack in the same second. However, even when normal attacking or using a rotation with Sear(which single-hits), I would still exceed the cap easily.

-Once I exceeded the PPS limit, my life on hit weapons would stop healing life altogether for several seconds, and would only work properly again for a hit or two if I switched weapons mid-fight, and then would stop working again. My Marauder effect continued to work properly, but that was it.

-I then decided to try using only one life on hit weapon instead of two. I found that I could get a much more reliable life on hit effect this way(I would heal properly for each swing on most hits). This led me to believe that having two life on hit roll weapons equipped effectively doubled my proc count. However, even if that were the case, there is no possible way I could exceed 4 PPS with only regular attacks unless there was something else at play.

If you could look into this issue, that would be great! I know that this mechanic was introduced to combat AoE sustain, but as it currently works, it not only penalizes players who sacrifice damage for sustainability, but also punishes single-target attackers as much as it does AoE attackers.

Edited by huhbum, 14 March 2014 - 01:14.

#2 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:11

I decided to reply to my own post instead of editing the original because I have just made a striking discovery:

I re-tested the fight and found that, while Sear and/or Rupture effects were active on the enemy, I was far more likely to exceed the PPS limit.

If I stopped using Sear and/or Rupture and just did normal attacks, life on hit seemed to work acceptably well with regular attacks.

It seems that bleed effects contribute to the PPS limit even though you do not steal life from bleed ticks. This might be the cause of the earlier bugs! (Well, one of them, anyway...)

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:13

It is possible to steal life from bleeds though with blood siphon.

Not sure how that will play into it, or how this is meant to work 100% yet. Will wait on more info from cows

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:15

Duel 31 Alamnden on 2-H not get any effect from gem's aside from murander skill pass get!

Pass skill effect gained leech - Gem Are not giving me any add bonus!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#5 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2014 - 14:31

Correct I've fixed some issues with life steal incorrectly counting non-lifesteal as procs. We are doing a hotfix today shortly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: