Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2015 - 15:23

Hi all,

I wanted to tell you about the next updates for Fallen Sword!

For a while now we've been reviewing the current PvP ladder and Bounty Board as mentioned in the road-map and we've been designing an all new PvP tournament system to revitalize PvP. We're not ready to announce the improvement just yet, but be assured we're working hard to make PvP as awesome as it used to be!

While we continue to monitor the new skills released in the last update we're planning to release new content next week so we'll see some players with the new skills and we'll continue to monitor this!

If you've not checked out the latest app preview, you can head over to Hoofmaster's thread here - https://forums.hunte...-app-preview-1/

~ The Fallen Sword Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 15:54

hi mojawk and thanks for the update on pvp BUT please increase the attack range

I used to have over 200 targets in my range years ago when we had 3500 online players, now the most I can have in my range are 5 if I am lucky

now we have 400-500 online players and why are you not increasing the attack range is beyond my understanding if you really want to improve pvp activity in general, lately I tried some gold hits, gold theft rate is very low compared to how it used to be

the + / - 10 attack range is too low now, it was reasonable when EOC was at 200-250 with 3500 online players but now we have EOC at 2475 with 400-500 online players

EOC increased by a factor of 10 and the online players decreased by a factor of 7 and the only reasonable thing would be to increase the attack ranges too

please increase attack range

#3 Eyreland

Eyreland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 16:17

I agree with hittokiri...attack range is to low...gets boring hitting the same players over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.  And over.

#4 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 16:21

If some medals like suggested on this other thread was also added, it would also help to increase pvp activity :)

https://forums.hunte...d-guild-medals/

#5 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 16:31

Anyone remember the introduction of the smasher medal? Please consider all sides with the release and not duplicate old disasters.

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2015 - 16:59

Will PvP as it currently works, be completely replaced with tournament's? I'm also curious if you plan on any changes to xp loss etc.

#7 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2015 - 17:21

pvp tourneys ? aint this what the arena was supposed to be.... i agree with hito we need to extend pvp ranges, i would make them more like gvg ranges..

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 17:32

** waits to see the new update, before creating drama in forum

#9 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 18:19

Holding my breath......still.......

I'd love to see some additional gear for PvP tokens. Or at least let us buy some decent pvp potions with them. I've earned over 2000 pvp tokens and have zero use for them currently.

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 19:32

The only reason I didn't like this is that I'm very, very afraid on the new update. 

Please remember that some of us have to 100 stam 20+ players in order to lose XP. 

I know this may appear to be off-topic, but it's not. I'd like an XP off button please. Both on gains and creature slaughtering. 

As far as opening the ranges... sounds reasonable to me. But I think there will be a large shout out against it. Perhaps level based? After all: "Note this range is expanded to 10 levels once you reach level 200". Seems a bit outdated.

Still, don't think a large portion of the community would be for it. Despite them listening to the Shadow Lord's whispers, I do think there is something to be said for the ability to level out of the attack range.

#11 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 19:42

I'm very, very afraid

aaand, drama created

#12 akewlname

akewlname

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 April 2015 - 20:03

Arena needs to be revised immediately. The rewards are completely....well unrewarding. But in PvP aspect, definitely increase the attack range and I would even go so far as to say introduce the smasher medal back as in that any 100 stam hit counts as a hit; doesn't have to be ladder. I"m done with the ladder frankly.

#13 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 21:42

***sits with duktayp  *** passes popcorn  need any butter? 

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 22:43

Guessing the pvp tournament update will roll out at the same time as the phone app is released?

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 April 2015 - 00:12

If the end result is PvP Arena 2.0 for PvP, then stop right now. That is a horrible idea because I dislike Arena as it is. I think its an imperfect way to do pvp and not engaging / fun to me. Here are some important things to consider:

PvP (In-general)

1) Is PvP going to still have XP Loss? There was some talk about removing XP loss from pvp.

2) OR is 10 stam hits going to have XP loss removed? I know EOC players would like this since we relatively trade 10 stam hits to get 10% prestige before hunts. This would also promote pvp as a POSITIVE aspect in the game which it currently is viewed as starting trouble with another player / guild (aka negative viewpoint).

3) How are gold hits going to work in the new pvp system? Did you consider Thievery / Master Thievery rates? Is activation going to be worth the penalty if bountied** Or whattever the new punishment system is. 

4) Please increase the pvp ranges as levels go up. +/- 10 is too low for the current gaming community. I would keep +/- 10 for 1-600, but then increase it going up from 600 and up.

5) Are we going to keep PvP Protection in the game? If you remove XP loss from pvp, no need for this in the game anymore.

PvP Ladder

1) What kind of rewards will we get for the new pvp system? Keep in mind that if you base it off PvP tokens there are players with 1000's of tokens that would instantly exchange for these new components, items, potions, or whattever. So the market will get flooded / it will get devalued quickly. I'm not sure there is a way to get around this except to make it new gear with a very low invention rate for components OR have high prices for items.

2) Lets have a good tutorial on the new pvp system. Again I hope its not Arena 2.0.

3) People consider having larger ranges in the new pvp ladder replacement as well. Would help with activity / competition at the higher level ranges, think 200-300 gaps.

Bounty Board

1) Bounty board currently does not work at all. First, pvper friends or guild mates will clear them off the boards so real punishment doesn't occur. Secondly, most pvpers don't care if they lose levels so hardly a punishment (levels are easy to regain). Third, there is usually no open bounties out on the BB. You occasionally see a pvp guild with a few players on there and a few pvp prestige hits. Its a completely failed system that needs to be replaced.

2) Punishment system for pvp will largely depend upon what the new pvp system is. So its hard for me to give specific ideas until I see the framework for the new pvp system.

Edited by Windbattle, 25 April 2015 - 00:19.

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:14

PvP (In-general)

2) OR is 10 stam hits going to have XP loss removed? I know EOC players would like this since we relatively trade 10 stam hits to get 10% prestige before hunts. This would also promote pvp as a POSITIVE aspect in the game which it currently is viewed as starting trouble with another player / guild (aka negative viewpoint).

Ummm, exactly HOW is EOC players trading 10 stam hits for prestige PROMOTING pvp ? - that's collusion, pure and simple, exploiting the system for personal gain. Also your generic use of the "WE" is incorrect and unfair to those of us that DON'T do this ...

OK, this happens a LOT in the game, in various aspects of the game, but I've never seen a ...

"I trade hits with other players for personal gain, so that's a positive aspect of pvp"

type of message before ....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#17 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:16

PvP

We're still reviewing the PvP and plan to implement a new and improved tournament system, which will replace the current ladder. Every effort will be taken to ensure PvP is a vibrant and fun part of Fallen Sword. More details will follow! 

PvP Ladder revamp (PvP Tournaments)

The PvP Ladder in it current format sucks (there I said it!). We're going to implementing an awesome new PvP Tournament system to replace it. We'll give out more details of this in the new year along with when we expect it to be ready to take part in.

Over the years as the game's evolved, we feel that many of the PvP discussions and changes have actually been detrimental to PvP and essentially watered down what was once a really important part of the game.

Any discussions on PvP on the forum usually are split 50/50 on whether the community thinks they're a good idea or not and I feel it kinda creates a divide. We'd actually like to see PvP move back towards how it used to be back when the game first launched as it was something that was exciting and vibrant - I'm sure many players who have been around that long will remember the difference!

So to answer your question - we're going to focus on adding a new PvP tournament system (and at the same time remove the ladder) without changing 'normal' PvP in the game. I do think many aspects of normal PvP also need improved (such as the bounty board), but any changes we do make will be to improve it, not dilute it :)

We won't be removing xp loss from normal PvP and the ladder will be completely replaced by the new tournaments. I don't think we'll be changing how Prestige works :)

the only thing hoofmaster and mojawk said about pvp is

• pvp tournament will replace the pvp ladder
  • xp loss will stay
  • pvp has been watered down for years
  • pvp in general changes will be done to improve it and not to dilute it

HCS never said anything about how the pvp tournament would look like or when they will launch it

my previous post was not about the new pvp tournament but about pvp in general

before my last hunt I only had 3 players in my range, 2 were guild mates and that left me with only 1 single player to pvp for 2 months (2 players came into my range during their hunts but I got deflected by them and they managed to level out of my range in 15-20 minutes)

I fail to see how having 1 single player to pvp for months is going to increase pvp activity, please increase the attack range

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:25

Ummm, exactly HOW is EOC players trading 10 stam hits for prestige PROMOTING pvp ? - that's collusion, pure and simple, exploiting the system for personal gain. Also your generic use of the "WE" is incorrect and unfair to those of us that DON'T do this ...

OK, this happens a LOT in the game, in various aspects of the game, but I've never seen a ...

"I trade hits with other players for personal gain, so that's a positive aspect of pvp"

type of message before ....

I think you need to see two separate statements here, Pardoux. The "positive" in the second sentence is not because it enables trading, but because it allows PVP to be indulged without any negatives. There has been some discussion in the forum about people avoiding certain guilds when doing prestige hits for fear of consequent retribution, and removing XP loss from 10-stam prestige hits would leave no grounds for retribution.

I might expand that to say there are some in the game (well, at least one in the game) who see PVP as fundamentally bad because it takes something from another player that they may well value, and who will never initiate PVP because they do not wish to risk inflicting such loss on anyone else. For such players, removing the XP loss from prestige hits might allow them to think that PVP could be a purely postiive aspect of the game.

I'm not entirely convinced (yet), but I can see that the thought is worth developing further.

#19 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 13:03

***sits with duktayp  *** passes popcorn  need any butter? 

Agreed.....*cracks a beer* and waits patiently....  :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#20 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 13:45

Great to hear that General PvP, the Bounty Board and how it works and the PvP Ladder are being actively looked at and hopefully greatly improved by HCS, it's been long overdue. And while you're at it, GvG could do with a kick in the yarbles too.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 25 April 2015 - 13:57.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: