Photo

PvP Tournament

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 15:42

Since Ernzor's idea of not wanting prophet skills in his tournament started to backfire a bit, I still want there to be some kind of PvP tournament, but first I want people to do a poll and see what the community wants out of the tournament.

Tournament Rules:

1) You must register the one character you plan on using for the tournament in order to participate in the event

2) You must use and only use the armor/gems that you registered throughout the tournament. Weapons can be changed anytime the player wishes to do so however.

3) You cannot use any buffs with the exception of an obelisk of your choosing and class buffs that you have in your build(You have to proof you have it in your build)

-Exception: Players can only use other buffs if both players use the same or equivalent buffs (i.e Both players must have armor pots active or have their respective buffs like if a ranger wants to use a pot that increases ranged by 15%, the opponent has to use a +15% buff on their respective attribute)

4) You cannot be in dnd (do-not-disturb) during the tournament

5) If you miss your match without prior notice to the tournament organizers, you will forfeit your participation

~Breaking any of the rules listed above will disqualify you from the Tournament~

Information:

-This tournament will take place in TA(Trapper's Atoll) during the week of March 28-April 1

-Matches will be 3-points, so you must win 2/3 points to actually win the battle

-Matches will be created to the best of my ability based on the schedule of both opponents

-All skills/talents/builds are allowed, no restrictions

-The prize EP will be split between the top two winners

1st:1500 EP

2nd: 500 EP

Rule Poll: (Ended)

https://docs.google....orm?usp=sf_link

https://goo.gl/forms/rKDPhSGExZTOwAHk1

The total prize EP is the same as I offered on Ernzor's post: 2000 EP

~Have fun in the tournament~

Edited by Night Striker, 28 March 2017 - 17:14.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#2 Poseidonn

Poseidonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 20:27

Count Me In :)

#3 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 21:10

as its free enter iam in (if i dont work that day) i already know i dont gona win all but its fun to test skils

#4 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 22:16

Thanks for all the responses so far  :D though there are few suggestions that I want to bring up as possible rules so far:

1) You must use the same armor/weapons/gems against every player you fight in the tournament, you can not switch gear at any time during the tournament (with the exception of alts assuming if enough people vote on the use of alts)

2) No buffs(i.e potions, players, food) OR both competing players must get and have the same buffs

3) You must win a 3-point match, so you have to win at least 2 times against the player before it counts as a win

And I want to remind everyone that this is mostly a democracy, so if certain restrictions against builds or anything like that don't get enough votes or don't get mentioned all that often, it will most likely not be included in the rules.

Oh and the poll will end on Saturday at 10:00 PM PST. Have to get some time to set up the tournament  :P

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#5 Poseidonn

Poseidonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 22:29

Thanks for all the responses so far  :D though there are few suggestions that I want to bring up as possible rules so far:

1) You must use the same armor/weapons/gems against every player you fight in the tournament, you can not switch gear at any time during the tournament (with the exception of alts assuming if enough people vote on the use of alts)

2) No buffs(i.e potions, players, food) OR both competing players must get and have the same buffs

3) You must win a 3-point match, so you have to win at least 2 times against the player before it counts as a win

And I want to remind everyone that this is mostly a democracy, so if certain restrictions against builds or anything like that don't get enough votes or don't get mentioned all that often, it will most likely not be included in the rules.

Oh and the poll will end on Saturday at 10:00 PM PST. Have to get some time to set up the tournament  :P

yea but if a player got his own buffs he is allowed to use them right?

btw the first idea is kinda stupid because people have sets but anyway (i dont have setss)

#6 Thomas02

Thomas02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 22:35

1. Yes

2. Maybe

3. Yes

:)

Edited by Thomas02, 22 March 2017 - 22:35.

R.I.P Ichiko my beautiful, sweet rabbit  :(

#7 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 22:44

yea but if a player got his own buffs he is allowed to use them right?

If the player spent a point into the buff in their build then yes they are allowed to use that buff, but you can not use any buffs you get from other players, food or pots unless the player you're fighting also gets the same buffs or an equivalent buff (if a ranger uses a pot that increases ranged by 15% then the melee class is allowed and have to use a pot that increases melee by 15%)

btw the first idea is kinda stupid because people have sets but anyway (i dont have setss)

Not really my idea XD, just stating that someone did write that as a suggestion and it's possible that won't be a rule

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#8 NeonXeon

NeonXeon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 23:06

I doubt you will be able to find someone else that is equal to my gear. unless the tournament will not be for a while maybe I can at least get my lvl 45 set. I am currently level 38 and I will not be able to play for the next couple of days because of work.

#9 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 00:42

I voted no restrictions on builds or skills, multiple day tournament, ep prize split, no alts, and on trappers atoll.

Personally, I think healing is what makes PvP interesting. Games in which PvP is all about offense and you die very quickly aren't any fun to me. I like slower paced combat where greater control over the outcome is possible. If the fight is longer there is more places where the technique or build used can make a difference. The idea that healing takes the skill out of PvP is bogus.

I also would like the tournament to be a double elimination tournament where you are disqualified after two losses. We don't have so many people that this isn't viable.

In addition to no alts, you shouldn't be able to respec.

I do think changing weapons can be allowed, but changing armor to achieve higher defense against your opponents attack style should not be allowed. You should not be able to change armor and have capped defense against everyone you fight. You should have to choose. If you choose to get higher spell defense, you sacrifice higher ranged or melee defense.

I would prefer to use buffs. The buffs used should be a draft, elixir, food, and any class buffs that player has as well as the obelisk of the players choice. 20% ranged, melee, or sorcery potions should not be used and event buffs should not be used. In addition, I would like a limit on the amount of potions you can use per fight. This could help limit the length of fights. And save some people a lot of potions ;)

Edited by Elrog, 23 March 2017 - 00:49.

#10 NeonXeon

NeonXeon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:36

I personally think that limiting potions is a bad idea. because if you pare an assassin with a prophmage the assassin does not stand much of a chance at all because he can only heal through potions vs a prophmage can use what ever healing spells he may have.

#11 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:02

I do think changing weapons can be allowed, but changing armor to achieve higher defense against your opponents attack style should not be allowed. You should not be able to change armor and have capped defense against everyone you fight. You should have to choose. If you choose to get higher spell defense, you sacrifice higher ranged or melee defense.

I would prefer to use buffs. The buffs used should be a draft, elixir, food, and any class buffs that player has as well as the obelisk of the players choice. 20% ranged, melee, or sorcery potions should not be used and event buffs should not be used. In addition, I would like a limit on the amount of potions you can use per fight. This could help limit the length of fights. And save some people a lot of potions ;)

You bought up some nice points, but the potion limit is going to be harder to enforce as I do have to make sure both players don't change their armor set during the fight unless someone else wants to help enforce either the armor rule or the potion rule, it most likely won't be part of the rules.

Edited by Night Striker, 23 March 2017 - 02:09.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#12 swordhands

swordhands

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:37

count me in xD putos lol

Swordhands *Forza Italia*Visit my Store on Forums *(Swordhand's Shop)* :D

Swordhands - *Main* Lvl 49 Warsin - Skyheart - Lvl 49 Proph

King_Pin - Lvl 49 Prophtank - GangnamStyle - Lvl 49 Sinwar

#13 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:17

Based on the responses so far, the rules have been made, and further responses will be taken into consideration.

Alright the registration form is now up, you must register your character if you want to participate.

Oh and to answer why you have to register, it's so that I can set up matches based on your schedules as well as having records of the armor that you're supposed to use during the tournament (Refer to rule 2 as to the armor restriction)

Here's the registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/rKDPhSGExZTOwAHk1

All rules and details of the tournament has been updated to my first post.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#14 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:42

Based on the responses so far, the rules have been made, and further responses will be taken into consideration.

Alright the registration form is now up, you must register your character if you want to participate.

Oh and to answer why you have to register, it's so that I can set up matches based on your schedules as well as having records of the armor that you're supposed to use during the tournament (Refer to rule 2 as to the armor restriction)

Here's the registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/rKDPhSGExZTOwAHk1

All rules and details of the tournament has been updated to my first post.

if i dont know what character i wana use atm can i enter 2 to i know what i wana use?

#15 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:52

to made it more "suprice" can we say doge on armor roll and  move speed max hp/mana mana/hp reg or spell/melee/ranged defend if some one buy alot of gem and told i use a abs gem but buyed and made it to pure? 

#16 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 14:28

Addressing Kidref's questions:

1) You must register the one character you plan on using for the tournament in order to participate in the event

If you can't decide between 2 characters, just flip a coin between both characters

to made it more "suprice" can we say doge on armor roll and  move speed max hp/mana mana/hp reg or spell/melee/ranged defend if some one buy alot of gem and told i use a abs gem but buyed and made it to pure? 

If you're planning to change your gems/rolls before the tournament starts, just register after you get those gems/rolls, but if you change your gems or rolls after the tournament starts, you will be breaking the rules and will be disqualified.

Edit: I might make this an exception as long as you don't change the gem type into something else, but there's no guarantee that I will make it an exception

Edited by Night Striker, 23 March 2017 - 16:13.

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#17 Legolis2

Legolis2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 15:38

I doubt you will be able to find someone else that is equal to my gear. unless the tournament will not be for a while maybe I can at least get my lvl 45 set. I am currently level 38 and I will not be able to play for the next couple of days because of work.

i'll 1v1 u on my alt, he is lvl31 and will have armor around the same lvl as u

Legolis_2 - Professional Respeccer lvl49

Suneky - Warsin lvl33

#18 Legolis2

Legolis2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 15:42

I agree with the potion/food buff rule. If for example, 2 prophmages are fighting and 1 of them has an armor potion active, then the other prophmage must use same buff or any other buff of their choosing. As long as the fight is still fair then i dont think their should be a very heavy restriction on pots/food.

Legolis_2 - Professional Respeccer lvl49

Suneky - Warsin lvl33

#19 Night Striker

Night Striker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 15:53

I agree with the potion/food buff rule. If for example, 2 prophmages are fighting and 1 of them has an armor potion active, then the other prophmage must use same buff or any other buff of their choosing. As long as the fight is still fair then i dont think their should be a very heavy restriction on pots/food.

I thought I was forgetting something lol, will be added as an exception to the rules

NightStriker - Sin/war

LunarAngel - Proph/mage

MoonBear- Tank

#20 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 16:52

Addressing Kidref's questions:

If you can't decide between 2 characters, just flip a coin between both characters

If you're planning to change your gems/rolls before the tournament starts, just register after you get those gems/rolls, but if you change your gems or rolls after the tournament starts, you will be breaking the rules and will be disqualified.

Edit: I might make this an exception as long as you don't change the gem type into something else, but there's no guarantee that I will make it an exception

Coin standed didnet fall tomorow my brother shall flip 3 coins

(i.e 4:00-7:00 PM PST) what time are that if according to reset time? reset =13:00 GMT

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: