Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2009 - 13:52

Hi all,

In this latest update we have added/changed/fixed the following...

- An issue affecting all the squad skills has been fixed.

- New enhancements have been added to the game and will be available in the next content update. Note this includes a new enhancement which will compliment the Sword of Psi skill.

Soldier Skill Overhaul

Scope: This skill has been changed so it affects Pistols instead of Rifles.

Sniper: This skill has been renamed to 'Ordnance' and is now level 15 (instead of 25). When using this skill, Battlesuit items gain +0.1% per point to Attack and Damage. Adrenaline cost is now set to 10.

Armor Proficiency: The activation chance has been removed and this skill now applies a +0.15% per point additional Armor to Battlesuit items.

Controlled Bursts: Moved to level 25 from level 15. Adrenaline cost is now set to 15.

Called Shots: Changed so that it affects 'Rifle' weaponary instead of 'Heavy' weaponary.

Focused: Changed so that this skill now gives +0.1% per point extra damage when using ammo based weaponary.

Mag Coupler: Changed so this skill now gives a +0.3% per point chance to not consume an ammo clip when reloading in combat.

Skill / Evolution Point reset

Due to these latest changes, all player skills have automatically been reset. In addition to this, you can also now reset your evolution points without using Flux Crystals once on the upgrades screen (only applies players who joined before this news post).

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

#2 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 13:55

Thank you...we now return to the regular scheduled game :)

#3 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 13:57

The Big Cow was reading your efforts, Ecolitan :) Nice to see classes, while different, more balanced. Now I hope we can stop reading complaints about a Evo reset.

#4 ss_wat1001

ss_wat1001
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:01

i love the new updates woohoo that means yet another free skill reset oh yeah pwnage

#5 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:03

Skill / Evolution Point reset

Due to these latest changes, all player skills have automatically been reset. In addition to this, you can also now reset your evolution points without using Flux Crystals once on the upgrades screen (only applies players who joined before this news post).

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

Does this mean every player's Evo points are now set to 0 applied? And we still have a free reset? Clarification please.

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:04

No, only the skills have been automatically reset. You can choose when you want to reset your evolution points.

#7 Zaelin

Zaelin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:05

The Big Cow was reading your efforts, Ecolitan :) Nice to see classes, while different, more balanced. Now I hope we can stop reading complaints about a Evo reset.

Actually, it was Varkaz who redesigned the skills. Hoofmaster coded them for us.

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:06

Actually, it was Varkaz who redesigned the skills. Hoofmaster coded them for us.

Indeed :)

#9 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:08

Indeed :)

LOL I think we all know who has the big Cow bell though :)

#10 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:11

Hi all,
Soldier Skill Overhaul

Scope: This skill has been changed so it affects Pistols instead of Rifles.

Sniper: This skill has been renamed to 'Ordnance' and is now level 15 (instead of 25). When using this skill, Battlesuit items gain +0.1% per point to Attack and Damage. Adrenaline cost is now set to 10.

Armor Proficiency: The activation chance has been removed and this skill now applies a +0.15% per point additional Armor to Battlesuit items.

Controlled Bursts: Moved to level 25 from level 15. Adrenaline cost is now set to 15.

Called Shots: Changed so that it affects 'Rifle' weaponary instead of 'Heavy' weaponary.

Focused: Changed so that this skill now gives +0.1% per point extra damage when using ammo based weaponary.

Mag Coupler: Changed so this skill now gives a +0.3% per point chance to not consume an ammo clip when reloading in combat.

Well ecoital, it was along hard fight, but you won. WTG!

#11 ss_wat1001

ss_wat1001
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:13

ohhh ohhh his zaelin hi acidic how are my two favorite people in the game

1.now back to the topic
this is cool that we get two free resets now but what does he mean bye automaticaly

2.also would you mind if i made a thread so the players of ss2 can cha with each other while we are waiting for the game to return

#12 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:15

Good update cows, but what about character "center" dot on map while standing on facilities?
Still live bug you know.

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:18

Indeed we do. :mrgreen:

This is a good update though. Hopefully the Soldiers will like it.

#14 ss_wat1001

ss_wat1001
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:20

Indeed we do. :mrgreen:

This is a good update though. Hopefully the Soldiers will like it.

welll it might shut them up for a while but i give them about 2 weeks and theyll either get mad about one of their skills or say something else is overpowered

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

If you have further suggestions for improvements we're happy to listen!

#16 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Cows, can I ask you one question, why does my skills are reseted and I have still my free skill reset after MS "bug" fix?

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:21

welll it might shut them up for a while but i give them about 2 weeks and theyll either get mad about one of their skills or say something else is overpowered

No need to be inflamatory wat1001.

#18 ss_wat1001

ss_wat1001
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:23

Cows, can I ask you one question, why does my skills are reseted and I have still my free skill reset after MS "bug" fix?

its cause they automatically reseted the skills they didnt give you a free reset for you to use they did it automaticaly

#19 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:24

its cause they automatically reseted the skills they didnt give you a free reset for you to use they did it automaticaly

But I got one more skill free reset.
And btw, with that auto reset, I am still purist O_o

Intersting..what will happen if I lvl up a different class passive O_o.
Double class lol)

#20 nestor

nestor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 14:27

Besides the fact that "Sniper" is still called "Sniper" - are Soldiers now like Cyborgs on steroids (Interface + Augmentation = Sniper/Ornance)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: