14 replies to this topic

#1 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 23:21

Everyone knows I took a long break from the game so maybe it was added then or maybe I just dont recall correctly how things work so either way ,,,,

Why does broken crystal still give stats? Moreover I suppose it should still count as a set for buff purposes but then again its broken and part of what crystal was (at least once again the impression I had) was that it had higher stats than unbreakable gear of the same type and level and the damage and fact that one day it would break and be useless was the trade off. 

So please enlighten me and then discuss why something that is broken would still work

Edited by watagashi, 02 February 2018 - 23:23.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 February 2018 - 23:25

Although broken crystal is just about useless for regular play, to my knowledge, it still holds its base stats for arena use... I think.... That may be the explanation.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 23:30

Giving the example I saw would out a player and be against the rule but I am seeing full stats, enhancements and set bonus being given for 4 broken crystal parts.

Edited by watagashi, 02 February 2018 - 23:38.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 23:33

Welp, iirc, enhancements and set bonuses are separate from other stats, so not really effected by durability, but as is often the case, I could be wrong....  as for the core stats, that is possibly a display error?  not sure.... Maybe somebody more knowledgeable can clear this up...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 23:41

Im hoping for clarification myself,, especially how I could basically get a full setup of crystal and never have to repair as I am seeing this working now. 
Not display issue the stats are working as its showing with full stat and set bonus for broken parts

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 00:47

Durability doesn't effect arena stats in general crystal or not i think.

#7 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:35

OK arena works if broken,, and I suppose thats ok even tho im still on the "broke means broke" party

What about in game,, pvp,, pve and etc? 
Sure seems like theres no penalty for breaking it so its got a pro with no con
Also takes the fun out of breaking it XD

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:21

I'm assuming it's like anything else, when broken, the core stats are no longer applied.  I guess one would have to experiment.  I'll see if I can find something.

Edited by BadPenny, 03 February 2018 - 03:23.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 15:07

I know people use broken crystalline sets for global hits thus being able to do their hits without a UB compromising reckoning efficiency. 

I believe you only have the set bonus and the individual item stats are lost. But I am not entirely sure.

If it turns out all stats are maintained once broken then that seems stupid as the whole concept of crystalline gear is to eventually break right? :P

#10 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 16:09

I know people use broken crystalline sets for global hits thus being able to do their hits without a UB compromising reckoning efficiency. 

I believe you only have the set bonus and the individual item stats are lost. But I am not entirely sure.

If it turns out all stats are maintained once broken then that seems stupid as the whole concept of crystalline gear is to eventually break right? :P

I think anything left after something is broke is pretty stupid and yes didnt even think on how useful for globals that would be
Hoping someone who actually does the turning of the gears will pass by and not only clarify this but consider what broken means
They got it right in Sigmastorm so im actually floored to see it seems to have been missed here,,, you should not be able to hunt in broken gear and have its stats,,, buffs that work on sets should not work on broken sets and realistically you should not be able to equip a broken item (how do you wear a broken belt??)

#11 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 16:52

Yeah Grendel, another thing that needs to be fixed.

#12 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:19

All Crystal items have always retained their "set" bonus once broken and if they are being worn as a "set" they should.

It makes sense to use crystal items in globals so you can 100% turtle critters stats unbuffed to gain maximum Frags or drops.You also have the benefit of no repair or extra buffs meaning you gain extra drops.

If it changed then people would use SE sets and break them and just use the set bonus on those.

Edited by zizzwyly, 04 February 2018 - 08:22.

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:21

All Crystal items have always retained their "set" bonus once broken and if they are being worn as a "set" they should.

It makes sense to use crystal items in globals so you can 100% turtle critters stats unbuffed to gain maximum Frags or drops.You also have the benefit of no repair or extra buffs meaning you gain extra drops.

If it changed then people would use SE sets and break them and just use the set bonus on those.

Since any set would give a set bonus, it's a moot point. I just use my pinata bat and a few quest rewards I kept cuz they looked cool... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:18

Since any set would give a set bonus, it's a moot point. I just use my pinata bat and a few quest rewards I kept cuz they looked cool... 

Absolutely, was just pointing out a flaw in what someone had said.

#15 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 20:40

Seems like a flaw to me, broken doesn't mean keep using

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana