3 replies to this topic

#1 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:40

This has been happening for a long time but it is driving me nuts.

Normally when you mouseover an item you get this

FHiSF4D.png

and when you move off the item it closes. You can even move off it and click the window close button real fast because the mouseout fires i guess so the X becomes instantly visible.

When you repair your gear you click the repair button and what MOST people do next is to close the window. It is so automatic you do it quickly. But as you move the mouse up to the X and it mouseovers one of the items it shows the description tooltip and in the background the prog is clearing all the gear items so they aren't there to fire mouseout and the tooltip gets stuck. You can't then click the X to close the window. You have to click somewhere on the window to clear that tooltip before you can close the window.

XZocW3w.png

Stuck tooltip popup

Could you fix it so that the tooltip is closed when the items are cleared or put the tooltip further to the right so it doesn't cover the X

Edited by ZeusIV, 10 December 2014 - 19:43.

#2 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2014 - 16:57

For me I can't hit repair without the tooltip disappearing. How are you getting the tooltip to stay open? Are you using the client or the web version?

I have made it so when it clears the panel it removes the tooltip just in case this happens, but I can't get it to happen locally.

You can also press 'escape' to escape  :D

#3 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2014 - 18:38

I saw this when running on my old, slow connection, 'away' machine, but could never replicate at home.

After clicking 'repair all', there is a brief moment as the program repairs the items and removes them from the window.  To replicate the error, you must move over an item after clicking repair, but before the item disappears.  I doubt you could move fast enough with a developer quality machine.

Edited by Irradiated, 11 December 2014 - 18:45.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#4 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2014 - 18:41

Ah ok so it's related to network lag, that explains I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: