BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2015 - 14:33

Hi there Everyone.

Darksun Dragons are rarely encountered, preferring sleep the year away in desolate lands and caves far from those who would hunt them. However during the rare celestial eclipse known as the Darksun, these Dragons awaken and migrate in huge numbers from their hidden haunts descending upon the populated lands to feed in an orgy of fire and blood before returning to their dark hidden homes. This year, the mighty Darksun Destroyers has joined their lesser brethren for the destruction!

The Darksun Dragons are known to hoard great treasures. Join together now and help defeat them!

Darksun Dragon (Level 25)

2406024bd79067969fe557833b31676b37e0.jpg

Darksun Destroyer Level 25

3845b589493bb036f306bdda64a9ba0221f4.jpg

You can see the current Global Quest progress on the World page. The more the community defeats, the more Darksun Stashes every player who qualifies will receive.

Note that the Global Quest will last until 14:30 hours on the 19th of May 2015.

Darksun Stash II

13999.gif

For each tier that the community completes the reward will increase as follows:

Bronze : 1 x Darksun Stash
Silver : 2 x Darksun Stash

Gold : 4 x Darksun Stash

Crystal : 6 x Darksun Stash

Ruby : 10 x Darksun Stash

If you qualified, the reward(s) will be delivered to your mailbox shortly after the event ends. Note that you get the reward for the tier that you have qualified for, for example if the community unlocks Gold, but you qualify for Silver, you will receive 2 x Darksun Stash. You don't receive the rewards from lower tiers, only the tier you have qualified for.

If at the end of the event, you are placed within the top 100 contributors, you will receive 1 x Darksun Stash. These are in addition to any reward you are qualified for.

Good luck everyone!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2015 - 14:37

The Darksun Destroyer's art has now been updated!

#3 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 May 2015 - 14:42

Uh oh, now I need more backpack spaces...  :wacko:

Thanks for the event. :)

#4 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 14:55

Is there any specific difference between the 2? Like on gives +1 kill and other +5? also do they drop frag stashes?

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2015 - 14:58

Try killing them to find out.

#6 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 14:59

Yeah did. one of em is champion. any chance that you will allow us to kill elites  and champions by keyboard?

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2015 - 15:03

Nope. Because that causes trouble. Players were killing themselves when not paying attention to what they were fighting. While not a huge deal in and of itself, it would wipe away a killstreak.

#8 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 16:14

Nope. Because that causes trouble. Players were killing themselves when not paying attention to what they were fighting. While not a huge deal in and of itself, it would wipe away a killstreak.

Agreed. I remember doing this a lot back in the day. Would it be possible to one day create an specfic attack shortcut for these creatures though? Somewhere away from the number pad?

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2015 - 16:32

Agreed. I remember doing this a lot back in the day. Would it be possible to one day create an specfic attack shortcut for these creatures though? Somewhere away from the number pad?

Possibly in the future.

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 16:46

Thanks for the GE HCS. Prosperous smacking everyone! (o0

#11 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 20:05

Possibly in the future.

Please let this be sooner than later. Hunting thousands upon thousands of champions is extremely time-consuming due to having no keyboard shortcut.

#12 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2015 - 20:09

Please let this be sooner than later. Hunting thousands upon thousands of champions is extremely time-consuming due to having no keyboard shortcut.

Not really. If you use AM500+ and switch to the old map it's as simple as starting a battle and then pressing F5. (refresh the page)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#13 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 22:36

Way to put begging back in the game by putting frag hunters out of business...and no, this event isn't fixed grim sorry to say

#14 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 23:18

Poor BG.  I guess your damned if you do and damned if you dont.  You can never please everyone.  :(

I personally am very appreciative of the effort you guys have made to assist us in keeping composing alive !

The frag stashes are a must for all composers and many thanks for including the champs so we can get legendary frags which are in extremely short supply in the game .

Thanks for the event !!

#15 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 23:49

One of the 'benefits' of composing was to be able to have more Legendary Events.

This has failed (IMO) because of the poor rate of drops given by FI since it was adjusted to match it's description. 

A remedy for this might be a new re-roll buff specifically for LE drops (FLI - Find Legendary Item).  This could be a composing buff (like Lady Luck), a loyalty potion or an AH specials pot.  Maybe a combination of all three, with AH specials giving a low level available to all, loyalty giving a medium level buff and composing allowing a higher level.

The buff could be made to be effective after FI & LL have rolled.

Edit:  Intermediate levels of FLI could come from the Arena and the new PvP system being developed.

Edited by Lahona, 14 May 2015 - 23:51.

#16 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:50

so the new Darksun destroyer dropps frag chests?`Nice!

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:35

Way to put begging back in the game by putting frag hunters out of business...and no, this event isn't fixed grim sorry to say

Sorry but explain both of these vague statements please. 

What has this got to do with begging?

What is broken? Everything is operating as intended.

Most players seem happy with the event.

#18 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:11

I can understand part of what Moonfrest is saying, due to the large number of frag events (and the fact that also normal events have now fragdroppers) the demand for frags is decreased. To be honest looking at my own consumption of frags, and the fact that I am a leveller, I don't see much of an problem. Sooner or later I am going to run out of frags and the extra composing slot I gained is making it more sooner. But honestly fragdrops are bound, they can't be sold, if they weren't bound fragselling would be gone already. As one of the guild composers I am really happy with those extra frags I am gaining, and I know the other composers are also really glad. Maybe, due to the abundance of frags we are going to get more composers into the game which will make fraghunting more profitable also??

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 13:40

Composing was suppose to make use of common items and make other rarities worth more.. Please consider not putting frag stashes in everything.. All frag types can be brought to the players in more enjoyable and economic ways..

Was and should composing be about slaughtering a level 25 creature to earn ALL frag types?

#20 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 15:41

By overfilling people with these frag stashes, most will have an overabundance of fragments and will have no need for lower level players to hunt fragments to sell which in turn puts them at a point where they will have to find other means to achieve money in this game...as far as the event, I've tried with and without booster 750 running and still achieve the same amount of kill count towards the tier...this is now twice in two events this has happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: