Photo

Should higher level creatures drop common items now that composing has been release?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: How often should high level critters drop common items? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

How often should high level critters drop common items?

1. One critter every 25 levels of new content (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. One critter every 50 levels of new content (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

3. One critter every 100 levels of new content (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

4. ZERO - Leave it like it is, go farm a lower level critter (10 votes [31.25%])

5. Every critter should drop something, even if it's a dirty sock (10 votes [31.25%])

Vote

#1 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 September 2013 - 17:35

Back in the day, we as a community told the cows to stop polluting our backpacks with useless junk while we were hunting.

Well, things have changed with the advent of composing.

I would like to know what the community thinks about adding back common items to high level critters :-)

Let the debate begin.

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 17:42

i vote for the first option but frankly would like to see them more often same with rare items not only dropped by champions.

#3 Vergaz

Vergaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 17:43

To be honest I would like to have more drops than from one critter in 25 levels. Now to get any items I have to waste my stamina just to get them, while on lower levels people get them while hunting. Composing changed a lot in terms of "junk items" and I think this should be reconsidered.

#4 Booger

Booger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 17:46

I was wondering why suddenly monsters stopped dropping stuff at around level 1600.. there's the auto discard feature anyway, and with composing I can't see any reason why you'd deviate from the norm of monsters dropping common items at most levels. Looks like the community is its own worst enemy sometimes.

#5 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 18:00

let's make all the levels the same!!! do not change the future.. and when you do... CHANGE IT BACK!!  :P

#6 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2013 - 19:11

Really hope I wasn't one of those complaining about having to discard items in the higher levels... but if I was, someone tell me to kick myself, for being too lazy to hit the mouse a few times to destroy an item.

Moral of the story, maybe we should all quit complaining about minor little things and focus on the bigger issues / problems.

For this poll, can we have another option for more than 1 critter per 25 levels?

Not having common / rare drops at higher levels may have served a purpose at one time, but with composing, that has changed, and HCS should revisit the issue, IMO.

I know another reason for eliminating the drops was to save a bit of time for HCS staff to develop content more often. Easy for me to ask, but does adding a few drops per 25 levels that much extra work?

#7 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 19:12

I was wondering why suddenly monsters stopped dropping stuff at around level 1600.. there's the auto discard feature anyway, and with composing I can't see any reason why you'd deviate from the norm of monsters dropping common items at most levels. Looks like the community is its own worst enemy sometimes.

Well, setting auto-discard is prone to being forgotten, leading to other problems.

At the time, common items served only to practice the use of the discard feature.  The reason 'we' asked to remove them is because they were pointless.  They are no longer pointless.

#8 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2013 - 19:38

I didn't vote. There's an option missing:

Every creature should drop something even if it's a smelly sock or a wooly scarf.

;)

#9 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2013 - 20:09

updated the poll with an option for multiple critters with each new 25 levels of new content

#10 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 20:12

changed my vote in light of their being a further option ;)

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 21:01

The cows took a lot of time to make sure all parts of composing worked the way they wanted them to, I know I fought against some parts but in the end they are making sure,, so far and I dont see anything that makes me think they will break it soon.

If theres no commons way up in EoC theres a reason for it and thats how they decided it needed to be to keep everything working properly and balanced.

So my vote is no , none leave like it is.

Unless its about items and wanting a lot for gear options,,then im fully supporting the cows adding a pile of commons to every level,,, that are also available in a shop in that area.

#12 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 21:36

personally i think its good the way it is right now allows for income to flow from high level player to lower level players benefitting from farming items but that just me

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 22:32

It really doesn't concern me one way or another. I'm happy to drop back down to farm fragments, BUT, if that is the way forward, then there really should be an easy way for EOC players (or thereabouts) to get back to their hunting grounds. Currently content up to 1775, but highest map a player can portal into is 1720 :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#14 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 22:34

I believe Grim has already stated they will not be adding common drops to high level mobs but sometimes things change.

Screenshot everything!

#15 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2013 - 22:34

voted for first option...

to me it makes sense that COMMON items are more abundant than unique or rare, so i cant understand why they dont get dropped by higher level creeps

#16 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 23:54

Give us our common item drops back if you want us to use the new composing feature. Having to go to lower levels and waste stam (or gold/fsp) is BS. 

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 23:56

I've been saying this for ages!!

It's completely ridiculous to keep leaving out the common/rares from the new content. :(

(should have made the vote public, to see how many of the 'no' voters are low levels, those that currently profit from the higher levels)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 Tdogg777

Tdogg777

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:37

All I can say is why add composing but take away item drops. I'm not a college professor but if you ask me that's like putting water in a glass with no bottom. Pure pointless. Now that common items have a purpose we cant get them on a normal hunt. For once it would be awesome to get a BP full of items to use for composing. On a side note, I love the dirty sock poll. I got a good laugh out of that. Thanks !!!

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:59

(should have made the vote public, to see how many of the 'no' voters are low levels, those that currently profit from the higher levels)

(should have made the vote public, to see how many of the 'yes' voters are high levels, those that could profit from the lower levels)

goes both ways.. 

#20 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:14

(should have made the vote public, to see how many of the 'yes' voters are high levels, those that could profit from the lower levels)

goes both ways.. 

How exactly would that work? Lower levels can gain fragments from simply hunting. Paying a higher level would be nonsensical...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: