22 replies to this topic

#1 Rollin187z

Rollin187z

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:10

i tried to get my wife into Legacy & it seems the rules regarding couples are a bit far fetched. 

* You should be allowed to send heart balloons & cards to your spouse - IRL - guys get in bigggg doo-doo if we dont & even when we say no, our lover is most likely going to do it anyway because they love u or w.e.

on holidays, i basically should just freeze my account so i cant receive love notes or heart balloons otherwise i'll be banned 4 my wife's love.

That's dumb.

also player harassment is often times out of hand & new players are usually overwhelmed by it.

Users Zombie, Terrance, IceAge, and the like seem to pride themselves on repeat bans, and new players are left contending with harsh comments as a result of their permanent presence, not to mention that certain guides are actively rude to new players.

it's very frustrating for me, playing with my wife, because a large portion of users are foul & vulgar, so im usually at least a bit pissed off & then i have to make sure never to :

#2 Rollin187z

Rollin187z

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:20

* never look at her screen

* never send her ANYTHING. no christmas cards, vday stuff - No nothing

* Dont talk about Legacy or discuss gang stuff

* No creds - evcvvvvvvverrrrr

* No platinum

* Dont tell her what's good

* cant be in WL on same square

* cant actually be in the same gang (wl square issue, favor issue etc.)

i could go on for days

u might debate details but u'd be missing the point.

Once you play with spouse or family, it's like walking on eggshells & not fun like it should be.

Priority number 1 is we should be allowed to send heart balloons and cards w/o issue. Trying to tell family or loved ones never to express love is exceptionally weird.

Christmas = Christmas cards

Vday = Heart balloons

IF IT REALLY IS AN ISSUE : REMOVE CARDS & HEARTS FROM THE GAME. LOVE HATERS. BTW read my mind, im saying awful stuff about everyone.. even your sperm donors.

#3 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2013 - 21:10

Huge post so I'll try reply to most with numbers:

1) The rules are very clear, if you share a network avoid trading, the issue is once you trade whilst you are both on that network that when you get in trouble - the reasons for this is simply our detection systems count all items even the little ones, those little ones still add a huge impact on the game - I prove this by Boxing Day 2011 when a bug in the advent calender had a saleback of 1c/5c and could be claimed non stop. I deleted a few Avatars over this bug abuse and fined people as much as 140k. 

You can play with your wife, just do not trade with your wife - in-game of course. I have to highlight the importance of this as you do get a warning for it :/ Player harassment is an issue I do agree and whilst the Report Function is there and it is used, it is very hard for a Staff Member to stop it when it is happening if none are online. You should report a player and avoid contact with that player - "defending" yourself only makes things worse and could result in you getting punished too. I will however look into this and contact you if needed. I also agree that the community of Legacy is a poison to itself, anything including the ticket system is made a mockery of by players that think they have a percentage of ownership over the game. I will eventually be making a Main Forum thread about this - so keep your eyes open :)

Your list is quite... far-fetched so I will happily correct you on it: 

* never look at her screen                          âœ˜      Never Play on her account, we can't and won't stop you looking.         

* never send her ANYTHING. no christmas cards, vday stuff - No nothing             âœ“       correct       

* Dont talk about Legacy or discuss gang stuff  âœ˜   It's a human right - we're no an evil empire.   

* No creds - evcvvvvvvverrrrr                           âœ“       correct       

* No platinum              ✘    You can buy/send Platinum for/to her, you just can't sell or trade platinum for other currencies.

* Dont tell her what's good                  âœ˜   It's a human right - we're no an evil empire.   

* cant be in WL on same square             âœ˜  Incorrect

* cant actually be in the same gang (wl square issue, favor issue etc.)     âœ˜   Incorrect, We do advise not to favor however. 

Once you play with family, rules do get stricter, however if you have moved away then you can always send a trade request and we can tell you if you can again trade, the internet is a huge place - We're asking you to not do 2 things out of the billions you can do. 

#4 Rollin187z

Rollin187z

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:07

thanks for the prompt response, Scott. 

1.) If it's just a detection system, it explains well, everything. 

& everything you clarified will go a long way.
I'm learning to ticket & be silent instead of getting heated. It works alot better than flailing lol.. 

i assumed i couldn't be in the same wl square. Im glad i can, its a cute idea to cap with loved ones :) 

Also i just wanted to point out that Scott & Will (prob Josh too) are doing -alot- to keep a good gaming community. And people like me say harsh things when we're upset, yet they still treat us more than fairly.
Maybe we should have a Legacy VH appreciation day?
w/o them the game may very well become cruel & yucky
Will is my fav VH just fyi :P

#5 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:51

Thank you :) People hate me because I'm the one to deal with the more serious stuff :( lol

#6 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2013 - 16:36

If just staff would take more harsh on player harassment.. the harassment would lower eventually.

Posted Image

#7 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2013 - 14:32

Indeed it would lower but half the game would be muted. 

#8 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 February 2013 - 19:22

So be it, it's not like there's much life back in it anyway, better safe whats worth saving, and imo it is not the trollers who have misunderstood the term trolling and just harasses and calling sh*t in SC 24/7, or the people who just logs in the do nothing but annoy people..

Having those definetily does not help anything.. 

Posted Image

#9 Rollin187z

Rollin187z

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:45

im happy im not the only one who can see the problems with trolls, multis, nuisances etc.

some ppl need to be mute for a while or it never bothers them to break ToS

#10 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2013 - 22:37

Just a mute for people who have no intentions but harassing. No need to Be a disfavor just muted, not hard to implement.

Posted Image

#11 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:28

Thank you :) People hate me because I'm the one to deal with the more serious stuff :( lol

Nah I only hate Josh, because he is a scrub nub who gets offended if you call him a noob.  :mellow:

#12 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2013 - 15:10

Well if you where nicer to my staff/VH and stopped attacking them, they wouldn't get so anti-social with you tghowcroft :o

#13 Will

Will

Voluntary Helper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 March 2013 - 17:09

Just to throw this out there: I still love this idea of being able to mute people you don't want to associate with! Just sayin :P

Posted Image

Legacy Community and Wiki Admin - Volunteer Helper

#14 Kage

Kage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 April 2013 - 00:29

Just to throw this out there: I still love this idea of being able to mute people you don't want to associate with! Just sayin :P

This actually would be the easiest solution. People can then decide themselves whether they find a person has accessed the honor of being muted. We have this for our in-game mail, but not so much controlled for side-chat. I find that vulgar topics of side-chat conversations don't last very long, since the actual size of the side-chat only holds about 3-4 lines and about 100 in the  history. It's not so bad, but it does get a little nasty, and the muting would help.

#15 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:06

Side chat isnt designed for huge conversations - thats what Online Chat is for :P

#16 Kage

Kage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 April 2013 - 23:09

Side chat isnt designed for huge conversations - thats what Online Chat is for :P

But no one actually uses the Online Chat. Most cases of harassment usually can be found on Side Chat, well aside from the Flame Forum, but in real time perspective, Side definitely has it's turn-offs for new players

#17 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2013 - 17:05

Its up to you if you use it or not - I'm just stating what the different chats are for. We monitor Side Chat (And Main) along with complaints related with it.

#18 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:55

But problem with online chat is it.

1. Is java based.

2. Takes a war to load.

3. Consumes a lot of pc resources.

4. Is slow.

5. You can't copy paste texts.

6. It needs to be AJAX

7. I hate java

Posted Image

#19 Will

Will

Voluntary Helper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 April 2013 - 13:07

5. You can't copy paste texts.

Contrary to popular belief, you can. You just can't copy paste literally. You can highlight what you want to paste somewhere else, then drag and drop it. Not really copy paste, but it works :P

Posted Image

Legacy Community and Wiki Admin - Volunteer Helper

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2013 - 13:23

Contrary to popular belief, you can. You just can't copy paste literally. You can highlight what you want to paste somewhere else, then drag and drop it. Not really copy paste, but it works :P

thats drag and drop and between tabs that only gives you a good workflow if you have multi monitors, which not everyone has.

And even though there's still 6 reasons to remake it.

I suggested one in suggestion forum back in time.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: