Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 16:42

Votes in the pole were split mostly between 'Level 81 - 90 Hunting Content + Items' and 'More Varied Avatar Item Upgrades'. These two changes happily go together quite nicely so these will be the first things implemented.

Level 81 - 90 Hunting Content + Items

Just to clarify this does not mean we're giving players stat points for levelling from level 81 to 90. This simply means that 81 - 90 Hunting Groups and the new level 90 boss will be released. These new NPCs will drop new items of similar quality to the drops of Tyran and new "parts" for upgrading the old and new items in to Tier 2 avatar items.

We're thinking this new tier will be unlocked using the crystals dropped by Crystal Entities so new Avatars will need to farm for a little while before progressing.

More Varied Avatar Item Upgrades

We've been thinking about this for a while and right now the end game items are too static and similar. As well as making the tier 2 items upgradable (like the gang weapons) we were also thinking of giving items a stat range instead of static stats.

What this means is all items in the game would stay as they are at 'Uncrafted' quality. Newly dropped items however would get their stats rolled from their stat ranges, and assigned a quality based on their resulting stats.

So for example a 'Legendary Scythe' would be nearly maximum stats it could have and a 'Perfect Scythe' would be the best possible Scythe in the game. Similarly lower qualities would be introduced such as 'Damaged Scythe' and 'Poor Scythe' which had lower than normal stats.

We would then introduce an NPC that could re-craft items (for 300 - 500 Platinum) which would re-roll its stats as if it were a new drop. Which may result in a better or worse item, this could be done as many times as you wished.

I'm interested to hear feedback on these plans. I think it would add a lot of diversity to items, along with a much more interesting Market Place.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 20 October 2013 - 16:47

Dead Frontier master craft system. I like it. :)

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#3 NoddingFrog

NoddingFrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 16:48

If you really want less static stats on items you should look into upgrading through means of combining crystals and crafting them into slots on gear. This could still go hand in hand with the already lined-up quality system.

#4 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 16:49

I think it should be more costly to "re-craft" items depending on it's player level that you can equip it at.

#5 Aldo

Aldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 16:50

The cost can be adjusted but yeah I think these are good ideas and looking for equally good execution (Y)

Edited by Aldo, 20 October 2013 - 16:50.

#6 IrakPappan

IrakPappan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Palestinian Territory

Posted 20 October 2013 - 17:04

Looks like zorg needs some moneyz

#7 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 17:13

Everything's static, Perfect Scythe would be the exact same as current scythe before long.

Also, adding in a random stats option is just going to result in more endless whining about lucky people - luck's earning it not any form of effort; However...

People have suggested that items can be "fed" crystals, so as to enhance the stats. Why not continue with this and go for the "weapon xp" system which would have lower quality items never decreasing(because that's a dick move), and instead slowly increasing based on continuing effort in crystal gathering/feeding?

As it gains levels, slots unlock for "focusing crystals" (We want swappable slots for CHOSEN item variance!)

Said focusing crystals are crystals that have been fed other crystals, (or can even be higher npc drops) so we have a nested varied item within an item.

This will result in large scale item stat variance combined with the weapon xp, and it'll be the player's choice as to what path they take, with options to continue grinding after completion of one set, to unlock more options in the future.

We want to encourage people to keep grinding, no?

#8 NoddingFrog

NoddingFrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 17:26

What Aaron says sums up my thoughts nicely, the quality system with the re-crafting can still remain but just like our current item situation it will have everybody with the same scythe before long.

Green crystals add health

Fire crystals add damage

Pink Crystals add Weap skill

Water adds Def Skill

New crystals can be added to cover acc, dodge and even crit chances.

This idea isa  very solid one especially when it doesn't involve credits directly, you'd still need credits to hunt but you can only hunt so much every day due to the amount of energy you are granted every hour. The weapon/gear level will deterine the amount of slots available for adding crystals into and unlocking these slots can cost credits, a new form of currency and platinum. The slot still needs to be earned but those willing to spend money have the option to do so in order to unlock the slot.

Note that this doesn't exclude the quality system, this can go hand in hand with that. recrafting could even remove all the upgrades making recrafting more of a gamble, in addition to that there could be a superior re-craft that doesn't destroy the crystals you've put on a piece of gear, it would just put them in your inventory.

The crystal idea has so much potential both depth-wise and money-wise it would be a shame if you guys ignored it.

#9 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 18:02

Everything sounds good. except

quote by zorg

"We would then introduce an NPC that could re-craft items (for 300 - 500 Platinum) which would re-roll its stats as if it were a new drop. Which may result in a better or worse item, this could be done as many times as you wished."

I don't like this at all. It sounds way too easy to get the top tier weapon and I would go so far as to say very little variety will occur. I would put a limit on items to re roll stats and make it very costly.  For the simple fact, even if I find a scythe with crappy stats, I could just go off to the npc and repeatedly click until I get a perfect scythe by re rolling. To me there is no downside. The price is cheap if it is the one proposed above and there is no risk as I can just repeatedly try.

#10 lanman

lanman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 18:05

Hmm! interesting ideas but they are just enhancing the luck element in the game. I think that a player that's spent a lot of time fighting  in the game (Time actually fighting not just time since first creating account) should be more experienced than otherwise.

• Ayo likes this

#11 Macey

Macey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 October 2013 - 18:06

What this means is all items in the game would stay as they are at 'Uncrafted' quality. Newly dropped items however would get their stats rolled from their stat ranges, and assigned a quality based on their resulting stats.

Maybe you should give people with Scythes already the option for 1 free roll, if they wish?

Everything sounds good. except

quote by zorg

"We would then introduce an NPC that could re-craft items (for 300 - 500 Platinum) which would re-roll its stats as if it were a new drop. Which may result in a better or worse item, this could be done as many times as you wished."

I don't like this at all. It sounds way too easy to get the top tier weapon and I would go so far as to say very little variety will occur. I would put a limit on items to re roll stats and make it very costly.  For the simple fact, even if I find a scythe with crappy stats, I could just go off to the npc and repeatedly click until I get a perfect scythe by re rolling. To me there is no downside. The price is cheap if it is the one proposed above and there is no risk as I can just repeatedly try.

I also kind of agree with this. I think if this HAS to be added it should be limited to like, 1 or 2 rolls. Plat at the moment isn't expensive enough to stop avatars doing like 10-20 rolls in a row if not more.

Edited by Macey, 20 October 2013 - 18:07.

#12 KoKo

KoKo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 October 2013 - 18:37

Maybe you should give people with Scythes already the option for 1 free roll, if they wish?

I advise against this. Most of the players with Scythes have enough credits/plat to afford one role if they wish. Why spend the time programing this in when it could be used elsewhere? Not to mention this would help up the price of plat since everyone who is rolling the stats of their scythes are going to need to buy plat.

At the start plat prices will be low, like they are now, but as players buy plat from members for this new update I am more than sure the prices will rise (Especially if there is an option to roll as often or as much as you like.)

Maybe putting a 1 day cool down on rolling would be a good idea?

Edited by KoKo, 20 October 2013 - 18:40.

#13 Ayo

Ayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 October 2013 - 19:17

Hmm! interesting ideas but they are just enhancing the luck element in the game. I think that a player that's spent a lot of time fighting  in the game (Time actually fighting not just time since first creating account) should be more experienced than otherwise.

1st

This is what we need! people who play should be rewarded and have chance get beter.... am I wrong??

2nd

Rolling  i dont like it!!

if the rolls are unlimited everyone will have best possible outcome sooner or later! (but I understand thats an easy way to make money, and thats what its all about ;)

If we want to roll, it shuld be limited 1 roll per day + every next roll should be more expensive!

3rd

Crystal upgrade love it! but we should be abble to ugrade weapons in different ways:

A - slot upgrade with crystals

Green crystals add health

Fire crystals add damage

Pink Crystals add Weap skill

Water adds Def Skill

New crystals can be added to cover acc, dodge and even crit chances.

B  - slot ugrade with WF points

C - slot upgrade!

Damage you deal in Hive against equal lvl payers, you gain points wich you can spend on item upgrades! DMG you deal 

in defens not attacking doesnt count

So we are covering Hunting, Warfare and PvP!

Active players should be stronger then the ones inactive for several years, or are just doing 1 or None of game aspects!

Upgrades should not be too easy to compleat!

#14 NoddingFrog

NoddingFrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 19:46

What lanman says makes perfect sense, reward those who have been fighting, not those who have been sitting on their arse.

Weapon level/Gear level would reward those who put in the time. You level up your gear enough and unlock an upgrade slot. You can then install the slot using Credits, WFP, Platinum, then you can combine crystals and put them in said slots. The outcome of these crystal combos can be determined by your Crafting level.

As for the re-rolls, give it a cool down and start with 10k platinum per roll, make it expensive and give it a cool down of 7 days or so. Maybe add a higher quality re-roll that will only improve your current gear, so if the quality is Legendary it can only go up. Again, make this expensive and give it a cool down. Name Changes are 45k platinum, why shouldn't these things be just as expensive?

#15 Steven

Steven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 20:02

I disagree with most of the above posts. I don't care who's been fighting or not, that was their choice to make. I think the re-rolling idea is good too, and will only effect the greedy. If you get a 80% strength Scythe, and re-roll it to a 20% strength Scythe then that's your own un doing. A lot of people will re-roll to get a 100% perfect Scythe, but if they have the money that is their choice. I think having different variants of weapon drop will also help the market, and let people afford cheaper Scythes, then save up for the hope of a decent re-roll. I do like the idea of a cool down, so maybe 3 or 4 rolls a day? 

I think ALL new weapons should have slots in them 2 with the ability to obtain special attachments you can get as god like drops (Or maybe something even rarer) And add a crap load of varied new attachments. 

#16 LegacyPie

LegacyPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 20:40

I like the sound of pretty much everything in the original post, but I agree with the majority here. Rolls are too cheap, and would be spammed to attain perfect items.

I suggest a system similar to when you reset your talents on WoW, where the first cost is cheap but then ever increasing costs per roll on a single item. So maybe 500 Platinum for the first roll, 1000 Platinum for the second and so on. I think this would be more beneficial for HCS in terms of platinum bought, and also would stop a lot of players rolling an 80% scythe in hopes of getting a 100% scythe.

#17 Skorne

Skorne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 20:46

500 plat per roll? I'm game!

Platinum 225,136p

... although I may serve as a reminder why that's way too cheap.

I think a maximum of 5 rolls per day, at 500-1000p each will be fine.

This would be something a lot of people would spam at first obviously, but that would eat up a LOT of Platinum in the game too, meaning the price would rise very fast and it wouldn't be spammable soon.

#18 NoddingFrog

NoddingFrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 21:42

I think ALL new weapons should have slots in them 2 with the ability to obtain special attachments you can get as god like drops (Or maybe something even rarer) And add a crap load of varied new attachments. 

Why make attachments when the crystals would allow people to personalise their gear? It's also less work load to work with existing items rather than having to create all these attachments.

Being able to combine a fire and a green crystal to get a damage and a health boost for 1 slot for instance is by far the best solution.

#19 xLOOMISx

xLOOMISx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 23:24

I like the idea of this alot my only like.. opinion? about it all would be that I swear there was going to be nothing to overpower avatars like.. new items and such? if my memory serves me right and I'm correct, I forsee some arguments about this.

I'm all for this personally because I agree with what you say, it WILL bring a more interesting marketplace and all round gameplay. :)

#20 uglymug

uglymug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:30

Could we not make it reroll with Platinum? Of course it's buyable with in game credits but with every single avatar going to reroll their stats then it's not going to be as cheap as it is now. The price has also increased by 20% for the lowest and the majority of sellers are now floating around 250c/100p now. 

What's wrong with using credits? People have far too many in the game and having a credit sink may be a better idea since it is the main currency of the game (or so I'm led to believe). An option to pay with credits or platinum may be a wise idea. Granting people who pay for the game an advantage is one thing you said you did not want to do. It shouldn't be like this for any game. You should only be spending money on a game to get an edge in convenience, not overall gameplay.

Otherwise the changes look good to make the game more interesting and less of a coin flip.

Edited by uglymug, 21 October 2013 - 01:35.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: