Photo

Account/Char tracking (friends/block lists)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 13:49

Excuse topic title please, as I wasn't sure how to put it really.

I've not come across a topic covering this, but I believe it was Bart that I was chatting IG to about it.

You make a friend, they are a friend, irrespective of which character they are using at the time. With the friends list so short I find that a good third of my list is taken up by Alt characters of existing friends, with me having to delete some that have not been on so much.

My proposal is that your friends list reflects when an account is online not a character. The "account" would be either that persons 1st character, or better still the character that you added to friends list, and so are most familiar with.

This would show on friends list with active character in brackets in different colour after the "account" name and would report in chat box in the same way.

ie

RikkaLarn (Caracatus)  or RikkaLarn (RikkaLarn)

or

RikkaLarn (Caracatus) is offline!

RikkaLarn (RikkaLarn) is online!

Much of my suggestions lean towards creating and maintaining a strong game community. I hope plenty of you share your thoughts on this.

Cheers all

Jack of all Trades....need anything at all, whisper me   :)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#2 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2013 - 14:04

+1

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#3 Veronique

Veronique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 August 2013 - 15:18

+5 :)

Its getting hard to keep track of everyone's split personalities especially the ones with multiply personality disorder :)

Find me In game  Veronique (ranger) Vero (mage) Miss_V (warrior)

#4 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 15:27

Great idea due to the list size , however some people may not wish their alts to be known , so a hide option would also be of benefit I think.

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#5 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 15:44

Good idea Rikka  :)

Although I kinda like the ability to log in when no one knows who I am, it allows me to play in peace.... on my anti-social days  :D

Maybe they could add your suggestion, along with an ability to "Appear Offline" throughout all our accounts.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#6 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2013 - 16:02

That leaves a few chances for people to troll on you :)

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#7 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 20:57

+1 great idea 

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 22:28

Love the idea. But like mongo said it can be fun to log in anonymously. Perhaps have the ability to hide your alt accounts too?

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 23:11

I'm all for the addition of a hide online status option too guys.... but would this be part of something like I've suggested? Or would it be an option at character choice to check each char as appear online/offline when logged in?

Jack of all Trades....need anything at all, whisper me   :)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#10 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 13:31

I fully support your idea, Rikka. It would be a major convenience update to current game-play.

I also fully support the log in as "invisible" option.. this really needs to be added. :P

I would like to add onto these ideas with another one. If a player adds you they can not see you as "online" until you add them. Or you will need a "friend request" confirmation notice.

I would also like to suggest being able to customize how you want to receive whispers, for example. You only want to receive whispers from friends, anyone or no-one (turned off).

/ This is not me being spiteful, but a suggestion which allows some players to play in peace. :)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#11 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 13:50

what in case if someone would like to play good and evil chars?

i would like to add on top of original suggestion - may we have there in the friends list date of last login? or time not online?

style5,Majjer.png

#12 xtimesbetaplay

xtimesbetaplay

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2013 - 22:07

I rather hope Performance won´t go down because of all such stuff.

If I imagine 500-1000 player online (dunno how much Eldevins server can even hold atm).. it will be far worse than just the average 20-40ppl online these days. Thinking of 10-20% playing in group, there will be quite some "load". And I´m not sure how well JAVA and this engine can handle such.. :rolleyes:

Official-Feedback-Thread on the Beta: http://forums.hunted...ic=56517&page=2

103d9ig.jpg

#13 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2013 - 20:01

There is a response from Cowboy to this idea on this thread /index.php?showtopic=57917&p=804375

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#14 Anees

Anees

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:07

+1 nice idea

InGame

LordOfDeath (Mage)