41 replies to this topic

#21 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:15

many people have been asking to ban all scripts years ago and still are !!!!

HCS then decided to ban all scripts except the FSH + allow private scripts (approved) !!!

radneto + zorg did an excellent job in adding some FSH features into the game (quick-buff window, BP layout, GS layout, multi item movement / equip / break down / mark, item compare for the mouse overs, ........ and many others) !!!

IMO banning ALL scripts => NO more tickets regarding FSH (scripts) to support so HCS has more time to concentrate on development roadmap & other game related things PLUS even the playing field for ALL players !!!!smile.png

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#22 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:15

HCS should hire PointyHair and yuuzham to work inside HCS, making changes on the core game, not on the scripts.

I appreciate the work on FSH, but the game shouldn't not even need it.

#23 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:32

...NO more tickets regarding FSH (scripts) to support, so HCS has more time to concentrate on development roadmap & other game related things...

i also would prefer the cows not use any time or brain juice dealing with FSH problems

FSH thread = the new PvP thread

#24 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:00

i also would prefer the cows not use any time or brain juice dealing with FSH problems

Cow brain juice? ewwwww!  :blink: I'll stick with orange juice.  :lol:

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:05

many people have been asking to ban all scripts years ago and still are !!!!

HCS then decided to ban all scripts except the FSH + allow private scripts (approved) !!!

radneto + zorg did an excellent job in adding some FSH features into the game (quick-buff window, BP layout, GS layout, multi item movement / equip / break down / mark, item compare for the mouse overs, ........ and many others) !!!

IMO banning ALL scripts => NO more tickets regarding FSH (scripts) to support so HCS has more time to concentrate on development roadmap & other game related things PLUS even the playing field for ALL players !!!! :)

Wouldn't that be nice if there were no tickets? Sadly no matter what happens people will always think someones cheating...The playing field is even it will never get anymore even. This game is all based on how fast you can communicate with their servers etc...Just like every other game out there... Naturally the people with better ping etc have the potential to be better that's mmorpgs for ya.

Edited by Intimidation, 06 February 2015 - 02:20.

#26 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:44

Time to BAN the SCRIPTS .. .. HIRE THESE PEOPLE, incorporate the best parts of FSH directly into the game and remove in your own words HCS" potentially untrustworthy scripts!" 

i turn on FSH only when I hunt to use the "R" key to repair/refresh items/screen  while i hunt .. and for ended AH sorting of items recalled to my BP

oie_Ha7ctLhoZlSu1_zpsneziugvp.jpg

#27 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:17

i turn on FSH only when I hunt to use the "R" key to repair/refresh items/screen  while i hunt 

In case you aren't aware, the game itself has shortcut keys for repair and refresh, which are R and 0 (zero). Yeah they're separate unlike your FSH shortcuts, but especially if you're using a high UB, you don't need to repair too often.

#28 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:27

In case you aren't aware, the game itself has shortcut keys for repair and refresh, which are R and 0 (zero). Yeah they're separate unlike your FSH shortcuts, but especially if you're using a high UB, you don't need to repair too often.

Thanks Cyrus! I tried using the "0" key before but I like using the 1,2,3,4,5 and "R" to kill and refresh(RH) ..and the arrow keys(LH) to move around! Seemed quicker for me personally.I have very small appendages.. my fingers cant reach the "0" from the arrow keys without having to lift my entire hand off the keyboard.. and its difficult and tiring for me. lol

large_uppercase__53705_zoom.jpg

#29 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:47

0 only refreshs the page, I only use it for Titan hunting, pressing R you'll repair AND refresh, so you can kill mobs pressing 1,2,3,4 and r, and can move using q,w,e,a,d,z,x and c. You can also use the arrow keys to walk, and press 0 on number pad to refresh (without repairing), I use it for Titan hunting mostly.

#30 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:45

there is bug when you add a creature which is on the same realm as a titan, to '''do not kill'' list, you somehow cant kill the titan anymore, even though the titan itself is not on the ''do not kill'' list

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:25

No, ALL scripts are banned except for the Helper. I don't know what this "approved" private script nonsense you're talking about is, but it is just that. Nonsense.

The ONLY script allowed in Sword is the FSHelper.

Now. This is a feedback thread for the Helper. No more derailing it with "Ban the Helper" posts.

#32 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 18:22

How about implementing the "Do Not Kill List" into the game and removing it from FSH?

#33 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 06 February 2015 - 19:41

No, ALL scripts are banned except for the Helper. I don't know what this "approved" private script nonsense you're talking about is, but it is just that. Nonsense.

Now. This is a feedback thread for the Helper. No more derailing it with "Ban the Helper" posts.

I think they may be referring to that BRIEF moment when HCS was originally banning scripts and said FSH and any approved scripts would be allowed.  Soon there after, it was determined that FSH was to be the ONLY approved script and it has been this way for quite a while now.

That said, I look forward to the day when FSH is no longer needed.  However, until that day arives, I am thankful it is around and agree there is no proint in arguing wheter is should be allowed. Such decisions are for the sole disgresion of HCS.

Keep up the great work HCS and FSH teams :)

#34 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:30

read the pinned topic called "3rd Party Script Warning"
go to https://forums.hunte...ng/#entry713526and read the post from our fallen sword WEB DEVELOPER Zorg !!!
here is the post from our web developer Zorg:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zorg Posted 09 January 2012 - 13:41
This is just a friendly reminder and heads up to our player base, we have now begun actively monitoring and logging the use of 3rd party scripts in Fallen Sword. Temporary bans have already gone out for some players we caught automating GvG player combat.

If you wish to use any private scripts you must send them in to support for approval or post a link here to the public source code so we can review it. This way we can ensure that authorized scripts do not get caught by our detection.

Scripts to make life easier are fine, scripts that play the game for you are not. The automation of things like hunting and player vs player combat will not be allowed.

Public scripts we allow are listed below:
FSH: http://code.google.c...lenswordhelper/

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for the scripts you choose to use, just because we allow the above scripts does not mean we vouch for their safety. They are regularly changed and updated and we do not review them constantly.

Use of any form of automation or 3rd party scripts on our Sites, without prior permission from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd, will result in your account being terminated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#35 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:58

Without jumping to hard into this tussle, I want to bring up that it's not hard to imagine that variations of the FSHelper are being used automating unapproved processes. Please explain how script detection would differentiate?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#36 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:44

Without jumping to hard into this tussle, I want to bring up that it's not hard to imagine that variations of the FSHelper are being used automating unapproved processes. Please explain how script detection would differentiate?

Agreed, anyone with some knowledge of scripting will be able to modify the FSH to their advantage. This is the reason why many players are calling for all scripts, including FSH, to be banned.

#37 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:34

sorry bro, that not true

if you have private script you want to use then send to HCS for approving, ask zorg and radneto

if you can program with javascript languange then you can easy edit FSH and add options

banning all scripts (FSH too) will giving even playing field to all players because then nobody can use edited FSH to getting more options for advantage

Edited by kitobas, 09 February 2015 - 01:36.

#38 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:14

02:12 09/Feb/2015   You have sent Kitobass 5 FSP

#39 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:24

02:12 09/Feb/2015   You have sent Kitobass 5 FSP

no you did not bro, you gave me hope for moment ;)

but went away when I looked at my logs, I thought I finally won something ....

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:25

Stuff.

Very good. How many scripts do we get tickets about for approval? None? Auto Reload hardly counts as some browsers can do that any way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: