150 replies to this topic

#41 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:42

The small stam bank players should have access to the same pots as the community. They are getting the least bang for the buck... How huge of an advantage does a player with max stam of 2k get from a ruby pot? not much... so why take this away from them :/ Pretty sucky suggestion if you ask me.

I'd also like to see chests count toward Fragmenter medal. Already, it will take 10 more years for anyone to receive Diamond - it's a bone I think should be thrown. 

10 years huh?

Lastly, I'm still LMAO that players are whining about getting ONLY 2 - 400/425+ level skills. These pots are way too overpowered already.

This I agree with... 6 of the first 15 global events resulted in no ruby pot yet people are writing a riot act now saying that things MUST change.

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:09

This I agree with... 6 of the first 15 global events resulted in no ruby pot yet people are writing a riot act now saying that things MUST change.

Agreed - WE failed to get Ruby, not the cows ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:38

The small stam bank players should have access to the same pots as the community. They are getting the least bang for the buck... How huge of an advantage does a player with max stam of 2k get from a ruby pot? not much... so why take this away from them :/ Pretty sucky suggestion if you ask me.

Why does a low stam bank player have the RIGHT to top tier globals with low max stam? You even say they get the least bang out of the globals and they do. Why do they even need them? These players already know they need to get more max stam. Raising your max stam is achievable. Therefore attaining the top tier globals is also achievable for anyone.

10 years huh?

Yes, roughly. We've had composing 2+ years now, isn't it? The very top composers are roughly one quarter of the way. I might be spitballing a scosh, but from 0 to 500,000 yeah 10 years isn't far off.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#44 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:23

Why does a low stam bank player have the RIGHT to top tier globals with low max stam? You even say they get the least bang out of the globals and they do. Why do they even need them? These players already know they need to get more max stam. Raising your max stam is achievable. Therefore attaining the top tier globals is also achievable for anyone.

Yes, roughly. We've had composing 2+ years now, isn't it? The very top composers are roughly one quarter of the way. I might be spitballing a scosh, but from 0 to 500,000 yeah 10 years isn't far off.

No one has a right but they participated in the global as much as everyone else. their efforts actually more dedication as they have to hunt 3x to qualify. It doesn't hurt in the big scheme of things that they get that pot... now the folks with the big stam just doing the minimums... well that's where I agree... hence my suggestion in the past to make the global pots time based. I would take your idea and modify it. 3 week notification and keep the existing everyone gets the same pot:

2500 kills level 1 (15 mins)

5000 kills level 2 (30 mins)

10000 kills, level 3 (60 mins)

20000 kills level 4 (120 mins)

and the ultimate 50000 for level 5 (240 mins)

Thanks for educating me on the fragmenter medal. didn't realize it was that bad... funny.. the artisan was stupid easy and fragmenter is stupid hard.

#45 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:38

A little late in the game for this suggestion (I think), but what if we were just to get prizes as tokens able to spend at a store for bound items (much like the arena)? Prizes could go anywhere from Epic gear to Epic pots or even some stamina. Just a little something that would go farther for each player and something worth the amount of stamina that would need to be put in to get those key points. 

And regarding the total kill count, sure it is a bummer we did not make it this time but I don't think that it should be lowered just because of that reason. Yes, there are less and less players in the game but you have to ask what if? What if we got some more interest in the game? Would we simply just increase the amount of kills then or keep the same lowered price (if we lowered it)? We have been brought up with these globals with success after success with achieving the ruby tier that we are at the point of saying that we deserve the ruby tier every time when that isn't always true. 

Will decreasing the total kill amount required for these globals solve our whole problem or will we continue to find flaws in things around us rather that our own flaws?

The token part does not sound bad should it be used as reward system for more than minimal amount of kills. Ok, not sure about epics, but some pots (not only super pots, also some that could be handy for lower stam/lvl players and are much cheaper and this way rather often obtainable) or perhaps a few upgrades could work in my opinion.

#46 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:40

The qualifying kills for each tier are designed to be achievable by those with low stam banks. 

To give incentive for those at lower levels to participate in global events I think allowing a better xp and gold reward from the kills might work.  Perhaps set the xp and gold at the level of a 100 (or maybe up to 200) level creature so that hunting global creatures does not affect their leveling progress and repairs to gear are covered.  At the same time those at high levels will still only get 1 or 2 xp and gold, so no big gold influx to the game.

Making it worthwhile for all the lower levels to join in global events might make the difference between ruby success and crystal. 

#47 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:48

The qualifying kills for each tier are designed to be achievable by those with low stam banks. 

To give incentive for those at lower levels to participate in global events I think allowing a better xp and gold reward from the kills might work.  Perhaps set the xp and gold at the level of a 100 (or maybe up to 200) level creature so that hunting global creatures does not affect their leveling progress and repairs to gear are covered.  At the same time those at high levels will still only get 1 or 2 xp and gold, so no big gold influx to the game.

Making it worthwhile for all the lower levels to join in global events might make the difference between ruby success and crystal. 

I would see a little problem with really low lvl players, lets say 50, getting exp equivalent to creatures twice their lvl. In global scale no big deal but considering how quickly they are gaining exp already it might actually throw them off balance - no new gear, losing track of where they should be etc. And we should carefully consider what is still "making it worthwhile" and what starts to be "win button". Just my personal view.

#48 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:50

Excellent suggestion :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#49 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:04

I want to see MORE, MORE and MORE!!! Let's expand the range of how many it takes to achieve the highest level of potion, say 25m kills;

2500 kills level 1 (common)

5000 kills level 2 (rare)

10000 kills, level 3 (unique)

20000 kills level 4 (crystal)

and the ultimate 50000 for level 5 (ruby)

Attaining these super uber pots needs to be harder for each player! We have global booster 750 in Loyalty rewards/~460ish in Composed pots to make achieving these high individual totals ultra quick. Not every player needs to be able to access level 500/525+ skills. Give us three weeks prep/lead time and let the event run for 1 week once it kicks off - let the small stam bank players have a chance to recharge.  Allow Top 100 - 2 ruby pots like it is now and the next top 150 players receive 1 Ruby. I'd also like to see chests count toward Fragmenter medal. Already, it will take 10 more years for anyone to receive Diamond - it's a bone I think should be thrown. Lastly, I'm still LMAO that players are whining about getting ONLY 2 - 400/425+ level skills. These pots are way too overpowered already.

I agree 100% with Lou.

Let's have these events be Epic events, for real. Instead of running them as often as they are, I'd say every 90 days is good.

I think one reason that the tiers are tough to reach is because the globals are getting watered down. Make them less often, and maybe interest will pick up. I had a dozen or more global pots stored up at once not long ago. That didn't motivate me to participate. 

The personal requirements suggested here may need to be tweaked a bit, but it's a good start. More personal motivation = higher community kill totals. 

I also like the idea of the chests being added to the fragmenter medal totals. 

Maybe 1 more thing....Perhaps for every so many personal kills, another smaller reward could be added. Could be 500 reserve stam, a global only pot, etc. Another way to motivate players to get in as many kills as they can.

#50 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:34

Another problem for the lower level guys is the expense that the globals accrue. Maybe adding 2-3 gold to each of them, multiplied by the booster, would help out. If your stam bank is only at 1K, a couple thousand gold in repairs will probably cripple you. 

Another idea...

If HCS wants to keep the global kill numbers the same, then how about this.

Every 25K kills, you're guaranteed a ruby chest. This will give the large stam bank guys a reason to burn through it, and give a goal for the medium guys to shoot for. 

Of course, folks will say this still isn't fair for the small guys...but in that sense, neither is the top 100 medal in general. If you've upgraded your character, you SHOULD have access to bigger stuff. This is just life.

Edited by 3JS, 25 February 2015 - 08:42.

#51 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:34

Another problem for the lower level guys is the expense that the globals accrue. Maybe adding 2-3 gold to each of them, multiplied by the booster, would help out. If your stam bank is only at 1K, a couple thousand gold in repairs will probably cripple you. 

Another idea...

If HCS wants to keep the global kill numbers the same, then how about this.

Every 25K kills, you're guaranteed a ruby chest. This will give the large stam bank guys a reason to burn through it, and give a goal for the medium guys to shoot for. 

Of course, folks will say this still isn't fair for the small guys...but in that sense, neither is the top 100 medal in general. If you've upgraded your character, you SHOULD have access to bigger stuff. This is just life.

I would not really agree with the ruby chest for EVERY 25k, make it just one time for whoever gets over certain amount. As I see it the option to get multiple chests could result in the highest stam banks to burn a lot in one event (the one with best rewards in their opinion) and they might then skip some other events.

#52 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:07

I would not really agree with the ruby chest for EVERY 25k, make it just one time for whoever gets over certain amount. As I see it the option to get multiple chests could result in the highest stam banks to burn a lot in one event (the one with best rewards in their opinion) and they might then skip some other events.

But if they are spaced out to every 3 months, they will have plenty of time to regain stam again. Those guys with the huge stam banks are the ones we, as a community, rely on to shoulder the load of the global kills. In order for everyone else to attain ruby, we need them to have incentive to kill as many as they can.

#53 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:20

But if they are spaced out to every 3 months, they will have plenty of time to regain stam again. Those guys with the huge stam banks are the ones we, as a community, rely on to shoulder the load of the global kills. In order for everyone else to attain ruby, we need them to have incentive to kill as many as they can.

I'd have to disagree there - we need more of the smaller guys to take part. They need some incentive for taking part and using their stamina because, unless they're wallet warriors, they're never gonna finish in the top 100 so why would they even go above the minimum required ?

I'm not saying that all of 'em stop at 5K, but I'm sure a lot of 'em do - and if we can dangle a carrot in front of them to go a lil bit more, then a LOT of people doing a little bit more is more effective than a FEW people doing a lot more IMO

#54 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:06

Setting you up to fail? Not quite. The numbers for this event were the same as the Yeoman one last month which was obliterated. The numbers are fine. What we need is a little more incentive to get people to put more of their stam into the event.

I have no problem having a 101 to 250 prize as well. Maybe just one of the Ruby chests?

We could allow all the Global class creatures to drop a little gold to help with the repair costs, sure.

Not terrible sure about giving a level 25 creature level 100 XP (let alone 200) though we could consider a bit more than it is now. Maybe level 50 XP?

As for spreading the globals out, they are pretty much meant to run as frequently as is reasonable. Maybe one Potion Global every 3 months but the calls for the Frag globals are always fairly frequent.

#55 chslayer

chslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:32

How about more warning prior to the global? Or any event really?

It might make a difference if people ( especially those with lower max stam) can plan their stam better, and thus encourage participation?

#56 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:44

liked two posts but wanted to mention i liked sweetlou's post in someways but thatd be a big changeover, worthit? maybe :)

#57 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:02

How about more warning prior to the global? Or any event really?

It might make a difference if people ( especially those with lower max stam) can plan their stam better, and thus encourage participation?

I have the feeling that warning prior to event is mostly benefitting the large stam banks not the small ones, but it could be just me. But well it somehow depends on the definition of smaller vs larger stam banks.

#58 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:13

I'd have to disagree there - we need more of the smaller guys to take part. They need some incentive for taking part and using their stamina because, unless they're wallet warriors, they're never gonna finish in the top 100 so why would they even go above the minimum required ?

I'm not saying that all of 'em stop at 5K, but I'm sure a lot of 'em do - and if we can dangle a carrot in front of them to go a lil bit more, then a LOT of people doing a little bit more is more effective than a FEW people doing a lot more IMO

Read my previous posts. I gave a few ideas to get those guys involved, too.

#59 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:13

How about just remove the Ruby tier making the Crystal Tier the top tier. Then, it will be an achievement for the community for reach the top tier. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A more serious suggestion: Set a lower tier such Crystal as the top tier initially, if the community somehow exceeds this initial Crystal tier goal, then a higher ruby tier reward come as a surprise when event ended.

I agree with all the players who said the requirement should not be lowered, just because we didn’t reached the 17.5 million mark and it’s really more player’s fault than HCS’s for setting the goal too high.

#60 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:17

Hide Top 100.
Hide pregression bar for each Tier, just say: "Gold Tier Acquired".

I say for myself, I hunted a Kojin in the before the end, lefting me 5k stamina to burn. I didn't burned it on GE, just because I knew I would nnot reach Top 100, I saw the community far from Ruby.

So why would I bother to do even more kills? (I did 8500 kills at the first day already).

I believe a LOT of players think that way, give a try to an event without showing Top100/Progression Bar, make it on a small Frag Event. I believe the activity will be raised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: