• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:48

this stuff has been discussed before and the cows say they would look into it.... If I remember correctly the cows liked the idea of players that get XX,XXX (who knows the amount  15K, 25K whatever)  number of kills get 1 extra top tier chest and the top 100 get the extra 2 chests.

I dont have time to read the whole thread so I hope this has not been said already.

#142 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:50

And I dont think we were setup for failure, we can still make 17.5 million kills...

#143 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:18

Perhaps it can be fixed quite easy. The amount of kills per player needed for ruby to qualify is 5000. Make that per chest.

With a max of 3-5 chests. Good chance players may make more kills then.

#144 spartani

spartani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 14:29

I believe we didn´t made ruby for 2 reasons who worked together:

i.) Frags: In the last event people took the oportunity to fill their frags reserves. The event was a sucess mostly because of this.

When this event came out only those who use a lot of instant finishes needed more frags. So, many didn´t saw this event as an oportunity to fill frag reserves - already full - and didn´t participate;

ii.) Rewards: 30 days ago we got 3 chests with Con500, DB1500, AM500, AL500, Lib500, LF1500. Now we were being offered 3 chests with AL500 + AM500.

Overkill 1000 is amazing, but is not one of those buffs that makes people jump out of chair. Same said for necrosis and holy flame, specially nowadays that there are so many ways of increasing your damage. Sacrice, personaly only use it in 2x events.

Considering the above, the current rewards were less appealing then the previous ones. 

I know on the long run all the frags we can store is great and I know all the epic pots we can get are a great advantage, but many people only think on the present day. 

People had the frags storage full and they had better pots in their BP so they either skip participating, or have done only the minimal 5k. 

#145 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:04

I believe we didn´t made ruby for 2 reasons who worked together:

i.) Frags: In the last event people took the oportunity to fill their frags reserves. The event was a sucess mostly because of this.

When this event came out only those who use a lot of instant finishes needed more frags. So, many didn´t saw this event as an oportunity to fill frag reserves - already full - and didn´t participate;

ii.) Rewards: 30 days ago we got 3 chests with Con500, DB1500, AM500, AL500, Lib500, LF1500. Now we were being offered 3 chests with AL500 + AM500.

Overkill 1000 is amazing, but is not one of those buffs that makes people jump out of chair. Same said for necrosis and holy flame, specially nowadays that there are so many ways of increasing your damage. Sacrice, personaly only use it in 2x events.

Considering the above, the current rewards were less appealing then the previous ones. 

I know on the long run all the frags we can store is great and I know all the epic pots we can get are a great advantage, but many people only think on the present day. 

People had the frags storage full and they had better pots in their BP so they either skip participating, or have done only the minimal 5k. 

Exactly! In adittion I'd like to say that we don't have to get ruby every time. Maybe I'd think differently if I've spent more stamina. Expanding top list or giving extra chests for more kill would help to increase the activity,  kills required for each tier are fine

#146 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:24

Precisely why those chests are great! I personally would have liked to have those Ruby chests for the upcoming double xp event(s), but considering this post, you were not thinking so far ahead, only till your next upcoming hunt.

And now we will have to wait another 6-12 months for the next time we get this event where hopefully everyone else will be like-minded to get ruby in preparation for future double xp events.

#147 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 23:42

Instead of the rewards being tied to one event why not instead give players reward points similar to arena rewards but used to buy potion from a new global store so players can choose the rewards they want? 

Instead of being locked into a royal emblazoned or cut purse we get to choose which reward we want on a sliding scale of value.

Secondly the frequency is being overdone I cannot play all of the game and do these events as often as they are running.

As long as we have limited stamina gain that will be the issue.

Edited by katatonic, 27 February 2015 - 23:45.

#148 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:16

As long as we have limited stamina gain that will be the issue.

With being able to buy stam, you have unlimited stam gain.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#149 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:15

With being able to buy stam, you have unlimited stam gain.

Well while that is true, the days of using fsp to buy stamina for me personally are all but over...really is no point eoc is nothing to Aim for having xyz medal is just a matter of doing and playing that part for enough hours to achieve your goals for me the game needs a major shake up its grown predictable and in my view that is the single worst thing entertainment can become.

#150 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:03

Well while that is true, the days of using fsp to buy stamina for me personally are all but over...really is no point eoc is nothing to Aim for having xyz medal is just a matter of doing and playing that part for enough hours to achieve your goals for me the game needs a major shake up its grown predictable and in my view that is the single worst thing entertainment can become.

I couldn't agree more about the entertainment value, least we forget how the opaqueness of the game's integrity continues with impunity allowing players to play 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#151 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:10

actually 17.5 million wasnt out of reach we did it in january so whats changed nothing just ppl choose not to par take take any top guild check its members see how many are sitting on 20k plus unused stam the total had nothing to do with failing ..it was the willingness of others to use there stam ..change the top 100 infact do anyway with the top anything on globals tier the chests you get 2 extra top chests for 50k kills plus 1 extra for 30k plus and the normal 3 if we make the total kills..that way anyone spending the stam isnt left out

if you listen to what most say in the thread take a look at the profiles first most are sitting on some hefty stam banks if they wasnt prepared to spend that stam then why lower the totals needed ..if you lower it give it a couple events and they will complain again thats too high they want the pots they dont want to earn them

now a few will have done above what is needed but bet there will be some who didnt

i agree, completely. I sat in stam gear from the announcement of this event, until the day before it ended just so i would be at max stam to do it. I burned through my 30k stam all in the global, instead of doing a normal hunt which i should have lol. i also agree that you should be rewarded for the work you do personally, though i think 50k and 30k are a bit much, maybe 40k and 20k. but yeah agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: