Photo

Game Update 1.03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#41 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:17

My Tailoring level is 23 and I tested my value on the level 23 head gear. If it scales to level, and I used 2 identical items, then 5.5% is the highest increase that the patch has to offer me.

Before the patch lev 23 head gear: 398 exp.

After the patch lev 23 head gear: 420 exp.

(420-398)/398=0.05527 or a 5.5% increase.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 10 January 2014 - 01:25.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#42 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:38

It seems any attack can be queued, not just auto attack, because if I hit Ruin twice by accident I have to wait till the cooldown is over and I use it again before I can do any other attacks. This is easily repeatable so if I knew how to record my gameplay I'd show you what I'm talking about.

Correct I'll have a look at it.

Any chance we could get a hotfix for this? Its making me die >.>

#43 Naia

Naia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:13

Weaponsmithing level 16 - skill level 16 - Crafting Improved Bronze Dirk

Before patch 202 xp

After Patch  158 xp

While I generally think this patch is good and addresses many of the issues. You can probably understand that getting an about 25% skill reduction, doesn't exactly feels like an improvement.

#44 Klawful

Klawful

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:48

Nice........ but still no guilds/clans?  :(

Edited by Klawful, 10 January 2014 - 08:48.

#45 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:58

Mojawk you said in an other post that there will be something done with the recipes, but i dont see anything around ...

Jewelcrafting is still as useless as it was before ... in x month there is no need for good recipes anymore ... right now this is sadly the most useless profession in the game - as you can only make profit by selling to vendors ... but almost no profit for selling to people...

All level 40 just laugh at it, because all the equip from dungeons is better and nothing from dungeon can be crafted like in every other profession ... so whats the point of it anyway right now?

I was really looking forward for this patch as i thought the new recipes for up to lvl 40 will come ... but nope only crap crafts there is no single item in it that is worth crafting over a QUEST received item later on ...

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#46 Morphem

Morphem

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:12

Imo Crafting xp is very fast already.

The problem is that Weaponcrafting, Armorcrafting, Jewelcrafting are near useless because Loot & Quest rewards are better (specially Jewelcrafting as Lagenia wrote).

#47 DarkLord

DarkLord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 13:47

Weaponsmithing level 16 - skill level 16 - Crafting Improved Bronze Dirk

Before patch 202 xp

After Patch  158 xp

While I generally think this patch is good and addresses many of the issues. You can probably understand that getting an about 25% skill reduction, doesn't exactly feels like an improvement.

Same with me :/ i have WS lvl 17 and with crafting improved bronze shields i was getting 220 xp, now only 170 xp :/ 

with improved bronze axe lvl 16 i get 185 xp and it needs around 1/3 more materials than improved bronze shield :/

i want to leave various crafting skills for when i'll be lvl 40. and since characters lvl affects crafting xp that means that i may need 2-3x more time and effort to level them from 1 to 40?

#48 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 14:24

Any chance we could get a hotfix for this? Its making me die >.>

There will be one today

#49 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 14:30

Farming experience may seem random but many factors contribute to it, such as the compost, disease, scarecrow.

Also we're looking to make a very slight change to crafting XP today to address the issues where some items were giving significantly less, this was unintended.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#50 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 14:33

Hey ya Mojawk,, is any way you can let us know what the Percentage on items Vendors pay??? Since there is no base price for items it would help a lot to have a clue what the actual value of Items are.. Every other game I play and have played has this...

Thanks

#51 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 15:35

If you place the items in the sell panel you will be shown the value the vendor gives you. Do you mean something else?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#52 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 15:39

If you place the items in the sell panel you will be shown the value the vendor gives you. Do you mean something else?

Yes I know what they pay.. I want to know what % that price is based on... Like most other game vendors pay about 10-15% of base value...

Thanks

#53 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 15:44

Vendors pay usually between 20 and 25% of what items are worth however crafted items are around 5%.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#54 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 15:52

Ahh okay Cool Thanks for the answer... Just had me wondering is all.. We have a couple topics on Prices around.. Thought knowing this may help base some basic pricing...

#55 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 16:44

I like the renovation Lyell the Othalo Prospecting Trainer has made to his workshop.  I guess he had to expand to handle all the newbie void returnees and the increased army requisitions.

Even the NPC's in this game make progress, heh.

capture_lyells_new_shop.jpg

Edited by WowRefugee, 10 January 2014 - 16:47.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#56 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 18:03

I like the renovation Lyell the Othalo Prospecting Trainer has made to his workshop.  I guess he had to expand to handle all the newbie void returnees and the increased army requisitions.

Even the NPC's in this game make progress, heh.

attachicon.gifcapture_lyells_new_shop.jpg

I think it is because he had to put all that gold he is stealing from us somewhere. 

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#57 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 18:23

I think it is because he had to put all that gold he is stealing from us somewhere. 

He's been making mad profit, 7 copper per flux!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#58 Naia

Naia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 18:55

Thank you for adressing the imbalance to weaponsmithing.

Still getting sligthly less ( about -5% ) experince than before 1.03, but it's a lot better than -25%

So thank you very much

#59 Seagull

Seagull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 20:12

Great patch; Thanks for all your hard work HCS.

#60 Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 23:17

Amazing updates! I still think auto attack should be on an entirely separate cooldown as abilities (basically, continuous) so that our abilities do not interfere with our base auto attack dps. Also, it would be better if our certain abilities (melee, ranged, spell) automatically trigger their respective auto attack - Like if I use the ranged ability Hemorrhage, that should trigger my ranged auto attack; and if I use my melee ability Lacerate, that should trigger my melee auto attack. That, along with the improved ability queues, would make combat feel almost seamless and perfect.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: