Photo

Fallensword Profit Guide (New Player Edition)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 18:53

Exactly :) if they need to learn to use TH, they probably need to learn not to use sacrifice - and it does come in some of the GE potions.

It might be my use of words. I was thinking of "scavenging" rather than "Scavenging" (i.e. gathering anything, rather than specifically in the caves) which then includes gathering items for someone else to use. If you have a regular buyer for fragmenting, you can send them items as you hunt and they pay you later---so you end up using their back pack space and don't *need* your own. There also used to be a lot of the same thing with farming for potion-merchants , but maybe the economy doesn't support both farmers and potion makers now.

Yea i literally meant clicking on the Scavenging button and investing gold to hit creatures :).

Added a few sections and cleaned up a few :).

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 February 2016 - 18:54.

#22 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 09 February 2016 - 14:37

You can also make a lot with Composing but it can take players a while to build composing up enough to be able to make the more useful potions so not certain if it is right for this guide...

That said, once you do level up Composing enough, there are many guilds who would gladly pay you for potions.  You can either pick 1 and stay with them or if you don't mind constantly loosing Contributed XP, you can travel from guild to guild and sell your wares as a Traveling Composer.

Unfortunately, this requires a HUGE investment in time and Gold/FSP but that's also why it is so profitable.

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 16:58

You can also make a lot with Composing but it can take players a while to build composing up enough to be able to make the more useful potions so not certain if it is right for this guide...

That said, once you do level up Composing enough, there are many guilds who would gladly pay you for potions.  You can either pick 1 and stay with them or if you don't mind constantly loosing Contributed XP, you can travel from guild to guild and sell your wares as a Traveling Composer.

Unfortunately, this requires a HUGE investment in time and Gold/FSP but that's also why it is so profitable.

Was looking into adding that but unfortunately the travelling composers are all cranky...Was asking about her business and she thought i was making fun of her. I need a travelling composer to reach out to me :P.

#24 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 February 2016 - 17:06

Was looking into adding that but unfortunately the travelling composers are all cranky...Was asking about her business and she thought i was making fun of her. I need a travelling composer to reach out to me :P.

lol ~cough~ ~cough~ :P

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 17:46

I only did it once but I can share whatever information you want. I even kept stats of every single transaction. ;)

#26 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 18:50

But, if you start now, will it still turn a profit. As more and more players level up their composing, the profit margins will fall.

You used to be able to get 50k gold for doubler150! (probably 1 FSP or more originally, but I wasn't looking for it then).

#27 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 09 February 2016 - 19:13

But, if you start now, will it still turn a profit. As more and more players level up their composing, the profit margins will fall.

You used to be able to get 50k gold for doubler150! (probably 1 FSP or more originally, but I wasn't looking for it then).

Composing is very tedious and expensive to level up so many either aren't doing it or are doing it very slowly.  The number of guilds with high-level composers is growing which does limit the number of guilds to sell to but not all of those composers make free potions for their guild and many of the smaller guilds may never be so lucky to have such a player in their ranks...

There may always be a market for traveling composers but it is true that it's a fairly narrow market.  However, the market for Composed Potions is no different from the market for Brewed Potions in those regards.

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 22:50

I liked WWWolf's post #27 because I think it really explains the current status of composing. I do think it "could" be added here (though there is a possible caveat further down). EP... in case you missed it... post #24, ,oP.

For full-disclosure: I am the highest level composer in my guild and still hire WWWolf on occasion.

I am highly organized with the few others in my Guild that also compose. So why do I hire him? 

He can make some pots I can't make. He can also make pots at a higher level than I currently can. Beyond that, there could be a mutually beneficial situation wherein I prefer to pay for pots for my Guild, rather than front those costs (ie, frag, time and gold) myself. 

Why do my Guildies buy from him?

The first two reasons are the same. The last part changes slightly but has to do with the fact that my Guildies tend to take the frag pressure off of those of us that compose.

All in all, I know this portion is getting a little be too narrow for the post in general, but I do think it "could" be profitable.

It's a rough call for me on whether it should be included here. I would lean towards it NOT being included... or just with a simple... "hey, this is something to think about for the future". However, that is because I get this feeling that the general idea is for "new players" and it will be quite a long time before they can actually make a "profit" on it. I think it is possibly a long-term income source, but there is a lot of time and investment involved. Precisely for that reason, I "believe" it will be an alternative "profit" source for a very long time.

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 23:28

I liked WWWolf's post #27 because I think it really explains the current status of composing. I do think it "could" be added here (though there is a possible caveat further down). EP... in case you missed it... post #24, ,oP.

For full-disclosure: I am the highest level composer in my guild and still hire WWWolf on occasion.

I am highly organized with the few others in my Guild that also compose. So why do I hire him? 

He can make some pots I can't make. He can also make pots at a higher level than I currently can. Beyond that, there could be a mutually beneficial situation wherein I prefer to pay for pots for my Guild, rather than front those costs (ie, frag, time and gold) myself. 

Why do my Guildies buy from him?

The first two reasons are the same. The last part changes slightly but has to do with the fact that my Guildies tend to take the frag pressure off of those of us that compose.

All in all, I know this portion is getting a little be too narrow for the post in general, but I do think it "could" be profitable.

It's a rough call for me on whether it should be included here. I would lean towards it NOT being included... or just with a simple... "hey, this is something to think about for the future". However, that is because I get this feeling that the general idea is for "new players" and it will be quite a long time before they can actually make a "profit" on it. I think it is possibly a long-term income source, but there is a lot of time and investment involved. Precisely for that reason, I "believe" it will be an alternative "profit" source for a very long time.

Was going to add it in purely because its a worth while investment...it's possible to level composing cheaply yet slowly...Once you get level 30 you can sell al/lib/con to your guild or guilds :)...It also saves you money in the long run...Being able to compose your own high level composing pots is nice and cheap.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 February 2016 - 23:30.

#30 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 23:08

Was going to add it in purely because its a worth while investment...it's possible to level composing cheaply yet slowly...Once you get level 30 you can sell al/lib/con to your guild or guilds :)...It also saves you money in the long run...Being able to compose your own high level composing pots is nice and cheap.

Thumbs up... you and Wolf convinced me, lol. 

If you need some input on anything else, drop me a line and I'll where and when I can.

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 23:35

Thumbs up... you and Wolf convinced me, lol. 

If you need some input on anything else, drop me a line and I'll where and when I can.

Probably explain how to compose for minimal cost IE 20 xp pots...They cost like 6 frags and next to no gold.

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 00:00

If anyone wants to see some guides linked to each section drop me a message in-game or post here :).

#33 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 11 February 2016 - 14:25

Probably explain how to compose for minimal cost IE 20 xp pots...They cost like 6 frags and next to no gold.

There is a lot of information like this in the composing section of the wiki. http://wiki.fallensw....php/Composing 

For more detailed info on leveling up your composing as efficiently as possible, look at http://wiki.fallensw...Rare_Fragments

#34 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:32

There is a lot of information like this in the composing section of the wiki. http://wiki.fallensw....php/Composing 

For more detailed info on leveling up your composing as efficiently as possible, look at http://wiki.fallensw...Rare_Fragments

If you do include composing, I'd suggest an indication of what level it is likely to lead to a profit (is that when you get to AL/Lib 300?), a mention of the cheapest route there (this guide is about profit after all), an indication of the cost and time to get there, and then a link (as Wolf says) to the wiki page

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:33

If you do include composing, I'd suggest an indication of what level it is likely to lead to a profit (is that when you get to AL/Lib 300?), a mention of the cheapest route there (this guide is about profit after all), an indication of the cost and time to get there, and then a link (as Wolf says) to the wiki page

Yup was thinking level 30? would be an ideal level to start making small profits...That's when AL/CON/LIB all max...As well as explaining how to compose the cheapest most efficient pots.

#36 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 12 February 2016 - 00:46

AL is not maxed until level 31...

If you happen to be in a guild that will buy your potions, you can max out Conserve at level 18 so you can make some profit then but very limited.

The Absolute earliest I would consider traveling is level 31 but you may have some difficulty selling your wares with so few maxed options unless you offer very low prices... You would have much better luck at level 37 with AM CoAt and CoDe maxed.

#37 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 16:13

Don't forget KE too ;)

#38 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 19:12

Guides on hold since i'm on vacation for two weeks starting yesterday :).

#39 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 19:20

Guides on hold since i'm on vacation for two weeks starting yesterday :).

yay! peace and quiet on the forums for 2 weeks ;p

enjoy your break :)

#40 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 19:26

yay! peace and quiet on the forums for 2 weeks ;p

enjoy your break :)

Doesn't mean i won't visit and post on the forums and log into FS daily lmao.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: