38 replies to this topic

#1 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 17:05

I've read comments to the effect "FS is unplayable without it", but never having used it i have no idea how awesome it is...how could anything make this game any easier?

seeing the withdrawal symptoms in forum as it becomes outdated i'm even more so afraid to use it

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 19:51

It has a few decent features. Overall though it just makes you lazy and takes away one of the most important parts of the game. (It does a lot of your maths for you)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 19:59

There are some very nice features of the helper that already are not functioning.  Too bad, it has certainly raised my enjoyment of the game over the years.  After all, it IS a game and I'm here to relax.

Screenshot everything!

#4 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:58

the buying buffs feature of it is broken and I mourn that, as when you're buying a bunch it just was so nice to click on them all and nice for the buffer too.

That's probably the thing I miss the most

#5 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 16:18

the buying buffs feature of it is broken and I mourn that, as when you're buying a bunch it just was so nice to click on them all and nice for the buffer too.

That no longer works? Oh well, I can rearrange my bio now. Time for stories!

The thing that when it breaks will seriously distress me is the Guild Inventory tab - as being able to open the guild gear list and sort it by level is so much better than looking at Guild report and seeing who has what where. That really should be a core game feature. Unless something like it exists already and I have simply not noticed due to my reliance on the FSH feature...

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#6 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 04 February 2014 - 19:57

That still works just fine for me

#7 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:58

I don't use FSH. i tried it once, but there wasn't anything changed about it. :huh:

so i just turned it off and continued playing without it.  :rolleyes:  ^_^

#8 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 17:31

I am currently working on a plan to help revive FSH, but I will need the communities support when I am ready to get going.  Hopefully can have my plan ready to publish by next month :)

#9 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 18:12

Thanks yuuzhan! Keep up the great work you do! 

#10 oucho

oucho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 20:03

+!

#11 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 20:36

Never used the helper myself, probably because I'm leary of downloading anything. (I'm not overly fond of updates either....)  But a lot of the players use it, and if it's really that useful it's a shame to see it gradually die.  Good luck in getting it back on it's feet!

#12 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 06 February 2014 - 16:55

Thank you Yuuzhan :) There are a lot of great features that still work in FSH but it has needed some updating for a while now.  Glad to see some renewed interest in this.  If I can find some free time, I might see what I can do to help but no promises...

#13 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 21:09

I am currently working on a plan to help revive FSH, but I will need the communities support when I am ready to get going.  Hopefully can have my plan ready to publish by next month :)

652t83t.gif

#14 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 22:57

quick access to gear presets from anywhere is what I will miss most.

#15 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:43

Things I use consistently, and would greatly miss include:

•  The guild inventory (Kath) and the personal inventory
  • The access to gear presets (Ryebred --- though I've never managed to get more than shift[12] to work)
  • The quick-wear/use page (still accessible by the keyboard shortcut: v)
  • The creature logs (since I'm now perpetually hunting beyond EOG [end of Guide] and --- for Doom's benefit --- prefer to do my own maths on whether my stats are good enough; admittedly, switching to the old map, running around to spot a few creatures, then back to the new map at the start of each level is a bit of a pain, but I still prefer it to relying on FSH will I kill it estimates)

There are probably others that I no longer remember as being FSH features.

#16 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:02

Yuuzhan

This was implicit in my last post, but I should have said it explicitly: those are a few of the reasons why I am constantly grateful to the team that has developed/maintained FSH.

#17 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 16:06

admittedly, switching to the old map, running around to spot a few creatures, then back to the new map at the start of each level is a bit of a pain, but I still prefer it to relying on FSH will I kill it

why do you have to swith from old map to mew map?

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 20:14

The FSH creature logs don't work with the new map. With the old map, they will automatically scan the creatures at each square I visit and log the min-max range for each stat.

#19 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 April 2014 - 13:37

That no longer works? Oh well, I can rearrange my bio now. Time for stories!

The thing that when it breaks will seriously distress me is the Guild Inventory tab - as being able to open the guild gear list and sort it by level is so much better than looking at Guild report and seeing who has what where. That really should be a core game feature. Unless something like it exists already and I have simply not noticed due to my reliance on the FSH feature...

Having the ability to sort it via gear type would also be a boon for when guilds go on epic tagging binges to keep tally of what epics a guild has on hand. :D

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 15:43

I remember using it to calculate my group strength when I needed to take back a relic, but my favorite feature would have to be the way it showed how much gold in Find Player :lol:  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: