#21 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 15:58

With regard to DomCorvis's plea to make composing easier...it might carry more weight if you had more than a Crystal Loyalty medal for over 5 1/2 years of playing...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're 1 day away from Ruby, that's still logging in around once every 3 days. Composing was designed to be an involved process that requires consistent effort not something that was designed to  be attained easily.  As far as your figures 10-12 potions a day at 3 to 5 FSP cost and only level 5 Composing...I have absolutely no idea how you come up with those figures or what you are doing.  I spend about 5 FSP a day making about 35 potions and I'm a level 19.

i was terminated for 4 yrs......so yeah,...dont judge based on medals

*edit- I'm finished arguing my point. Some don't want it changed for the better of the game. Others do. We as the players can't make the changes and the cows will likely not change it. So point is moot.

Edited by DomCorvis, 06 March 2014 - 16:13.

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#22 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 March 2014 - 16:42

My apologies for the  legnth of time assumption, glad to have you back...that said composing levels were not designed to be something that was easily attained and something that you had to work at. It's actually one of the few things in the game that you actually do have to work at to get better...personally I like it the way it is. With so many other things wrong with the game I'd rather devote time to fixing them (GvG, Ladder, PvP, Arena) than worry about minor tweeks to something that is working pretty well.

#23 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 16:47

With regard to DomCorvis's plea to make composing easier...it might carry more weight if you had more than a Crystal Loyalty medal for over 5 1/2 years of playing...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're 1 day away from Ruby, that's still logging in around once every 3 days. Composing was designed to be an involved process that requires consistent effort not something that was designed to be attained easily. As far as your figures 10-12 potions a day at 3 to 5 FSP cost and only level 5 Composing...I have absolutely no idea how you come up with those figures or what you are doing. I spend about 5 FSP a day making about 35 potions and I'm a level 19.

C'mon rock. Makes complete sense. If he is spending 3-5 fsp/day, that would mean he is making at least 6 instants per day but more likely 7 or more unless he is getting gold @115k/fsp. So that means he makes around 3-5 potions a day outside of instants. Obviously very dedicated to the craft.

#24 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 16:50

With regard to DomCorvis's plea to make composing easier...it might carry more weight if you had more than a Crystal Loyalty medal for over 5 1/2 years of playing...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're 1 day away from Ruby, that's still logging in around once every 3 days. Composing was designed to be an involved process that requires consistent effort not something that was designed to  be attained easily.  As far as your figures 10-12 potions a day at 3 to 5 FSP cost and only level 5 Composing...I have absolutely no idea how you come up with those figures or what you are doing.  I spend about 5 FSP a day making about 35 potions and I'm a level 19.

Whether or not someone has a medal should not have any bearing on being able to voice their opinion.
'oooh, he doesn't have a medal. He's insignificant and his opinion should be ignored'. <--- How your comment comes across.

You only spend 5 fsp a day making about 35 potions and you're level 19?
Instead of bashing someone's opinion, you could share your formulas showing how it is possible to make level 19-30 potions within MONTHS instead of YEARS.

Help encourage people to play the game instead of further discouraging them by sneering at their level/activity.

Edited by WarQueen, 06 March 2014 - 16:52.

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#25 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 16:54

C'mon rock. Makes complete sense. If he is spending 3-5 fsp/day, that would mean he is making at least 6 instants per day but more likely 7 or more unless he is getting gold @115k/fsp. So that means he makes around 3-5 potions a day outside of instants. Obviously very dedicated to the craft.

Not everyone can access a computer/smartphone to make a potion every hour.

#26 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 16:55

Instead of flaming/bashing someone, get off your high horses and TEACH the correct way of playing.
Encourage people to enjoy FS, don't discourage them into leaving by being rude.

#27 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 16:58

While it does get tedious for making potions, I think the formula as it stands is okay. Will it take a long time? Yes. Will most players not reach level 50 before they quit? Maybe.

What I do know is that I think composing is one of the major factors behind the dips in the FSP marketplace (including the 2 events where people used stam for creatures instead of gold), which I am always for. It can get expensive if you are trying to go through a couple additional potions a day, but that's on your own accord. 

Would a way to boost XP be good? I think so, but you can also boost your XP per potion by increasing the skill and duration of the potion as well (with the idea that you spend more fragments as well). So I'm not sure if the increase fragments is really going to make a difference, but maybe an upgrade that is effective for XX amount of time through the FSP route could be a good addition? 

edit: Triple posted.. yay lag - removed them. 

Edited by Kedyn, 06 March 2014 - 16:59.

#28 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 17:22

There is no secret formula to leveling...but if you must know how it was magically done...20xp potions since level 1 with 2 instant 20xp potions a day, at level 10 it was two 20xp potions at a time and still the same 2 instants per day (two instant costs total of  $15,000 gold) up until level 18 when I changed to 30xp potions but still went with 2 20xp instants a day.  Like I said in prior posts it's a process, just like self securing a titan requires a time investment of 2 to 3 hours for most, bounty hunting requires 20 minutes minimum to secure the bounty,  want to be first on an active ladder you better be online a lot. As a personal note to WarQueen while you were busy flaming me you might have missed my apology to DomCorvis in my second post.

#29 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 17:31

As a personal note to WarQueen while you were busy flaming me you might have missed my apology to DomCorvis in my second post.

Yes, I did miss it. From the time stamp, it was posted while I was busy typing up my 1st commentary. I'm a slooooooow typer when I'm trying to word something to not sound like an evil troll in full on flame mode. :)

My apologies for not seeing your apology.

#30 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 17:47

The composing XP is more or less fine. Maybe minor tweaks. Again, I feel that this is an nice, simply tweak.

How about an XP boost feature.

When you creating your potion (skills/level/duration) you have a checkbox you can tick. By ticking this checkbox it will give you an XP boost say 25% or 50%.

What this will mean is if you made a 20xp potion normally it would now return 25xp or 30xp (depending if it's made to be 25% or 50%). The downside is the Frag cost will be increased (suggest doubled).

What do people think?

#31 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 17:51

Not everyone can access a computer/smartphone to make a potion every hour.

True. And not everyone had time to spend on this game as other players. Hence my suggestion for a 16x event and the other over the top suggestions. Not trying to chase anybody away but I'm hoping they can see how the suggestion looks from a big picture point of view. The reasoning just doesn't jive. Composing is a game ending straw that broke the camels back? Really?

#32 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 18:02

The composing XP is more or less fine. Maybe minor tweaks. Again, I feel that this is an nice, simply tweak.

What do people think?

i like this idea a lot. just minor tweaks are all thats needed. i understand peoples' points and how they feel. but i think its best for the game as a whole

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#33 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 18:04

What do people think?

this was most reasonable idea I have seen - not suggesting major boost + the boost it does sinks more frags in the process..the more frags we can sink - the more you can run the events like this last one.  I thought my idea of going a step further any allowing frags themselves to be a form of alternative curreny to instant finish potions is worth considering.  You use same % increase per instant as gold - but start off with lower number of frags required...and see how far people will go with dishing out the frags to level faster..... then perhaps the number of frags awarded in those chest which was biggest concern from event isn't looking so bad moving forward.  I do like Evilbry's comprimise, gets a big +1 from me, and I am deadset against easing the composing process. 

Edited by Ryebred, 06 March 2014 - 18:10.

#34 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 18:12

What do people think?

Honestly, while it seems like the best idea proposed, I don't see the necessity of it. Increasing the XP gain by say 50% of a 20XP potion, is 30XP, so why not just make a 30XP potion? I guess I could see a 25% increase for double the frag cost, but 50% should be triple or quadruple. I am not sure if there is a real need outside of the max XP amount that you can grab per potion. 

IE - it takes 6 fragments to make a 20XP potion. It takes 24 fragments to make a 30XP potion. You shouldn't be able to make a 30XP potion for 12 frags instead of 24. That would do one of two things: 1) reduce the total fragment cost to level up quickly (ie using 30 xp instead of 20 xp potions) or 2) reduce the time it takes to level up (ie getting 30 XP for half the fragments of the actual 30 XP potion). 

#35 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 19:35

How about an XP boost feature.

When you creating your potion (skills/level/duration) you have a checkbox you can tick. By ticking this checkbox it will give you an XP boost say 25% or 50%.

What this will mean is if you made a 20xp potion normally it would now return 25xp or 30xp (depending if it's made to be 25% or 50%). The downside is the Frag cost will be increased (suggest doubled).

This could also be aligned with an increase in gold cost as well.

Hey Evil --

Where would the xp bonus come from?  Sorry looks like others get where, but I'm not getting it.   Though on principle I like the idea - just curious the source for the boost.  Are you referring to the Prestige we earn from PvP/BH'ing and can use for leveling and now could use for composing boost or from elsewhere?  

Clueless in California, Kath

#36 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 20:49

The composing XP is more or less fine. Maybe minor tweaks. Again, I feel that this is an nice, simply tweak.What do people think?

I think this is decent, better then nothing.

Looking at yuuzhan's corrected spreadsheet 5 xp extra per level may be a bit much.

I think 1 instead of 5 is good solution. As it at least gives some type of gain to xp as you level. Pair it with evilbry's post and we have something good.

Also want to point out yuuzhan's post was a robot composing 24/7 no human can compose that much consistently... At best it's probably 1/2 that rate for 90% of FS.

So if you want to get more interest make more feel like that can obtain a goal reasonably

#37 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 06 March 2014 - 20:55

Hey Evil --

Where would the xp bonus come from?  Sorry looks like others get where, but I'm not getting it.   Though on principle I like the idea - just curious the source for the boost.  Are you referring to the Prestige we earn from PvP/BH'ing and can use for leveling and now could use for composing boost or from elsewhere?  

Clueless in California, Kath

quite simply when you enable the "boost XP" checkbox it will double the amount of frags used and given increased XP when you collect the completed potion you used XP boost on.

The source of the boost comes from the additional cost of frags. If that makes sense?

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 20:55

What do people think?

I'm in the minority but I think this is not needed. At current pace, BRY should be at lvl 50 composing by summer. Perhaps more composing only potions (you have a slew of new potions on tap) will help people strive to get there. But expediting everyone to composing eoc is unnecessary IMHO. The global event showed people wanted frags. Now the impatience is kicking in.

#39 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 06 March 2014 - 21:02

I'm in the minority but I think this is not needed. At current pace, BRY should be at lvl 50 composing by summer. Perhaps more composing only potions (you have a slew of new potions on tap) will help people strive to get there. But expediting everyone to composing eoc is unnecessary IMHO. The global event showed people wanted frags. Now the impatience is kicking in.

well I have 10 months till summer. We will see. It will probably take me about that long(or longer) to get to 50 from where I am at my current rate.

Remember what I said about assumptions a while back chewy ;)

#40 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 21:11

well I have 10 months till summer. We will see. It will probably take me about that long(or longer) to get to 50 from where I am at my current rate.

Remember what I said about assumptions a while back chewy ;)

I can't help making assumptions as some folks are very coy about their level :P I know yuuz is at 27 (or was it 28?) and I know your above him but then again, that's an assumption.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: