BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:19

Hi there Everyone.

Just a small change to arena games today. They will now generate across all level ranges more equally and will randomize participants before beginning. Players will no longer be able to abuse the join order to their advantage. Prices of some items are still under review, thanks for all the feedback and we hope you're having fun!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:27

having more fun than last 2 days for sure..thx for update...a good one..random matchups been needed for years..better level distribution is a good thing...work on those prices..fix them as quickly as possible as every minute the damage to ah gets worse..good luck today with that issue..not an easy one to deal with, since hundreds of pots have already been bought at the broken prices..values for pots are now out of whack...dynamic pricing of some sort would be good..

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:37

I think what HCS should have probably done before they changed the system of rewards, was to improve the matchmaking system first.

Instead of the same people winning all of the arena's, all of the time. There should be a system that categorises a player by their level of skill (Which medal they have achieved) and pits them against similar skilled individuals.

So for instance there would be a complete arena for beginners with all of the lower end rewards and occasionally a few of the higher end. Then once they have earned their bronze medal they would graduate to the arena for 'slightly less rubbish beginners' and only face others who have achieved their bronze medal also. Each 'tier' would have a higher total value of available rewards to give players a sense of true progression.

(Basically a bracket system for the arena, to stop the massacring of the new by the arena pro's that have been doing this for half a decade.)

The only flaw in the system would be the very highest tiers of medals. Which could merely be grouped together until the number of people who have achieved the required amount of wins reaches a respectable and viable amount.

(Copied from the other 'now locked' thread to improve visibility)

Think of it like leagues in football. They don't pit the rubbish low ranked clubs against the premier league, they'd get smashed every single time. (except in special cups/tournaments)

Starter League - Anyone who is just starting out. Mostly low rewards. Occasional good reward.

Bronze league - Anyone with a bronze medal. Similar rewards to previous tier but with increased chances of good rewards.

Silver League - Anyone with a silver medal. Similar to previous tier but with increased chances of good rewards.

Gold League - Anyone with a Gold medal. Similar rewards to previous tier but with increased chances of good rewards.

Crystal League - You get the idea by now... Higher tier will likely have to be merged until the amounts of players in them reach acceptable amounts.

Ruby League

Diamond League

Edited by Mister Doom, 27 June 2014 - 14:25.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:52

Same people winning are the ones who dedicated to arena ... why didn't they complain about the Arena masters when they were newbie? Don't tell me they just started winning a lot once they started playing arena...

Lots of newbie players now are doing great they aren't newbie anymore , only ones never improve are the ones who complain about it.

People these days just want easy game.

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:04

Same people winning are the ones who dedicated to arena ... why didn't they complain about the Arena masters when they were newbie? Don't tell me they just started winning a lot once they started playing arena...

Lots of newbie players now are doing great they aren't newbie anymore , only ones never improve are the ones who complain about it.

No Shindrak, you've simply always been about maintaining the dominance of the arena players who've been doing it for half a decade.

Nothing changes. lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:06

I have put some thought into how to make the tokens and arena work together.

1st the tokens do need to be dynamic, but not too dynamic. How to do this is a system that recalibrate every 24 hrs. (Preferably at 0:00 server time)

2nd you need formulas.

I would suggest this: setting up a range for the system with a max value an item can cost in tokens and a minimum value. (5 min and 200 max should be good)

Next you need something to determine item values. I suggest this:

Items start each day at a certain token price and have an allowance of say 10 purchases for the day. To figure out the next days token price you do the following

Base price from current day + (# items bought -10)

Where it can only go up or down to the max and min values.

If this has merit and needs more explanation let me know as its hard posting from a phone..

#7 Rexarr

Rexarr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:20

I have a Suggestion. With the sets in the Arena Shop can you place them together if possible. Thanks for the new Arena Updates!

#8 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:26

No Shindrak, you've simply always been about maintaining the dominance of the arena players who've been doing it for half a decade.

Nothing changes. lol

No i always suggest ideas just trying to encourage players to play arena and now they are :)

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:27

Hey there.

I've ramped up the price of the potions for the time being until I can figure out a decent price for them.

~ Grim

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:31

No I always suggest ideas just trying to encourage players to play arena and now they are :)

Shindrak, people are playing the arena to try and beat the price hike. this is the reason for the increased activity.

Once it settles down, the prices are determined and the same few players dominate everything again the activity will drop off again. Leaving the arena in the same sorry state it has always been in.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:31

lool all potions are 2000 tokens ... is that the new price?

#12 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:34

Hey there.

I've ramped up the price of the potions for the time being until I can figure out a decent prince for them.

~ Grim

Charles not your favourite?

Edited by evilbry, 27 June 2014 - 14:35.

#13 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:36

Same ones winning are the ones who are tossing around boss guild gear....nothing to do with dedication.

Now they have access to guild gear...I can name 5 offhand.

Try joining a small guild instead of inheriting the gifts of your predecessors.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#14 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:36

Good to see you on board Grim :)   My observation is that why wasn't the random match done initially?  It would seem that that might have limited the feeding frenzy that the initial changes caused, as well as curing one of the major complaints.  Of course hindsight is always 20/20 :P

#15 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:38

Charles not your favourite?

Great catch!!   I love it :D

#16 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:45

could be just coincidence but now the low guys dont have much to choose from, might have been a lil too much allocated to high arenas, maybe a few more spawn cycles will change this :)

#17 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 15:08

2000 tokens, that's just crazy, what was wrong with the 40? because the all time winners cant profit from it? just about had enough to buy a potion now might be done with arena again...

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 15:13

Hi there.

As stated, the 2000 points is a place holder until I can figure out a more appropriate cost.

~ Grim

#19 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 27 June 2014 - 15:16

Hi there.

As stated, the 2000 points is a place holder until I can figure out a more appropriate cost.

~ Grim

what was wrong with 40 token?

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 15:18

2000 tokens, that's just crazy, what was wrong with the 40? because the all time winners cant profit from it? just about had enough to buy a potion now might be done with arena again...

2000 is temporary..until they can figure out what the real prices should be...40 is to low..2000 to high..give them a chance to figure out what it correct...they had to do this to slow down the mass buying of all the same pots that crashed ah and put a dent into the cows economy..should have been 2000 the first day until they figured the correct prices out..somebody was lazy and just made them all 10 the first day..then 40 the next day..no thought put into it..just laziness..same with the 6 levels the first day...laziness hit and someone went for a quick fix to arena, instead of a real fix..now they are finally working on a real fix..give them time to make this real fix..prices will be great once this is done..go cows go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: