68 replies to this topic

#41 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 15:59

Great event guys, but can I make a suggestion for the reward chest. Please add a significant more amount of commons and no more other fragments.

I, and probably everyone else has an abundance of SE, LE etc frags but my common frags are always being used just to level composing.

I was also hopeing for a SH250 one day but it doesn't seem to be arriving and this was my main driving force behind leveling composing.

#42 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 16:44

Great event guys, but can I make a suggestion for the reward chest. Please add a significant more amount of commons and no more other fragments.

I, and probably everyone else has an abundance of SE, LE etc frags but my common frags are always being used just to level composing.

I was also hopeing for a SH250 one day but it doesn't seem to be arriving and this was my main driving force behind leveling composing.

I have offered a great breakdown of how the fragments should be divided but sadly it got ignored. Yes we need like 90% of the total being common fragments with the remaining 10% being divided into the remaining fragment types. BTW that was not my initial suggestion for the breakdown just one I made up here and now, but is probably more sensible.

#43 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 19:07

If only there was a button to show PM's on the log page..

Oh wait. THERE IS!!!!

MOXENle.png

evilbry, thanks for helping people with the post.

But as some point out, this is not the only issue. I'm still pushing a long-ago suggestion of there being a preference to turn this off.

To tell the truth, I don't see why the log-spam was invented in the first place, but I'm sure I'm missing something. Regardless, a preference would keep it for those that want it and rid it for those that don't.

I have offered a great breakdown of how the fragments should be divided but sadly it got ignored. Yes we need like 90% of the total being common fragments with the remaining 10% being divided into the remaining fragment types. BTW that was not my initial suggestion for the breakdown just one I made up here and now, but is probably more sensible.

As a common frag farmer, I wonder. Throwing my business out the window, on a personal composing level, I'm way more interested in Rares, Uniques and Legendaries.

The suggestion for more commons seems a "slight bit" ludicrous since the frag stashes dropped by creatures responds to that. Admittedly a tiny bit.

My concern is damaging the reward for some in order to respond to what the big composers really need.

I think the call for more commons is "reasonable" from a big composer standpoint, but I'd be against it do to my personal composing (not the frag biz).

I mean... wouldn't the current game call be for more rares, uniques and legendaries and less commons since they drop regularly? Special emphasis on these last two in my personal view.

That's not a fact, but rather a consideration.

I openly recognize that commons get eaten up to a huge degree. There are just so many variables involved.

In my opinion, if the common percentage was upped at the expense of the others, I wouldn't bother.

That is 100% debatable. The major reason I do these events is because it gives a relatively easy access to all the frags. I plan ahead. Will that pan out? I don't know.

However, I think the current stats are "good". Any adjustment is based on a particular reason for doing the event. As i see it, you can evaluate and take or leave as you see fit.

As usual, any change will alienate some at the benefit of others. As far as I know, all the huge composers do the GE. I see little need to alienate others ,oP

The suggestion to change percentages could definitely be "rational" for the moment. That doesn't mean it benefits the FS Community.

#44 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 00:48

You know i understand the concern for different frag distribution, what would you think of the actual Frag chest itself being able to be broken down much like the other global chest, but in this instance you will be able to choose a frag stash you want. I believe a lot may agree with your suggestion in the other thread dav, but maybe this could be a "good for everyone" scenario?

So lets just say there are 3 break downs giving i higher ratio of frags for the selected

1 offers more commons and super elite frags

1 offers more unique and legendaries frags

1 offers more rare and crystalline frags

You would still get all 6 frag groups just which ever you choose will give you more for the 2 selected groups so you can get more of an abundance of the group you may be looking for, also that is an example the actual pairing or breakdown of the initial chest could be figured by everyone just a visual so no one FREAK OUT... :P

#45 Serpntarus

Serpntarus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 21:42

Hello,

Just a thought--maybe let peeps choose between caches and half way decent pots. I don't generally do pots, but if there were a few medium level pots i would probably do the global. Thanks for reading as I know some may not agree-but thats my opinion. Have a good day

Michael

#46 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:47

Or, instead of changing frag stash ratios, they could add the ability to downgrade frags. So that those with many thousands of infrequently used fragments could get some actual use out of them. Say, convert 10,000 unique fragments down to 8000-9000 rare fragments, etc.

This way, those who like the current frag distribution get what they want; and those who want more commons, essentially, get they want, too; everyone's happy.

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:50

Or, instead of changing frag stash ratios, they could add the ability to downgrade frags. So that those with many thousands of infrequently used fragments could get some actual use out of them. Say, convert 10,000 unique fragments down to 8000-9000 rare fragments, etc.

This way, those who like the current frag distribution get what they want; and those who want more commons, essentially, get they want, too; everyone's happy.

Downward fragment trading was always, from the outset, ruled out.

That said, given the lack of composing potions that actually USE these (to any extent), I wouldn't be averse to the idea now - but at a much reduced rate of exchange than you propose ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:04

Downward fragment trading was always, from the outset, ruled out.

That said, given the lack of composing potions that actually USE these (to any extent), I wouldn't be averse to the idea now - but at a much reduced rate of exchange than you propose ..

If it'll be downgraded, why reduce rate? I think that 10 Uniques to 8-9 Rares are perfect.

Rares are more common than Uniques...

Why you always try to quail the people? :(

Edited by Lellarell, 15 July 2014 - 06:04.

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:58

If it'll be downgraded, why reduce rate? I think that 10 Uniques to 8-9 Rares are perfect.

Rares are more common than Uniques...

Why you always try to quail the people? :(

I've no idea what "quail the people" means but I assume it's not complimentary LOL

Flipping that around, why do you always want everything handing to you on a plate ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:38

You know i understand the concern for different frag distribution, what would you think of the actual Frag chest itself being able to be broken down much like the other global chest, but in this instance you will be able to choose a frag stash you want. I believe a lot may agree with your suggestion in the other thread dav, but maybe this could be a "good for everyone" scenario?

So lets just say there are 3 break downs giving i higher ratio of frags for the selected

1 offers more commons and super elite frags

1 offers more unique and legendaries frags

1 offers more rare and crystalline frags

You would still get all 6 frag groups just which ever you choose will give you more for the 2 selected groups so you can get more of an abundance of the group you may be looking for, also that is an example the actual pairing or breakdown of the initial chest could be figured by everyone just a visual so no one FREAK OUT... :P

Yeah, I have suggested somthing similar

http://forums.hunted...352#entry862710 But never heard any responses from anyone. 

Make me think people generally ignore any posts made by low Lvl. I have seen poor ideas suggested by higher level players, sure the idea got shot down by others, but at least someone reads the post.

Edited by andyvince, 15 July 2014 - 09:38.

#51 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 00:09

Yeah, I have suggested somthing similar

http://forums.hunted...352#entry862710 But never heard any responses from anyone. 

Make me think people generally ignore any posts made by low Lvl. I have seen poor ideas suggested by higher level players, sure the idea got shot down by others, but at least someone reads the post.

Level has nothing to do with it, sometimes ideas and comments do get overlooked. If you feel like you have a good idea or want input or additional add on from players make your own thread. Worse that happens is someone just doesn't agree with your idea, and thats going to happen. Just human nature no one ever likes or sees something the way another person does, but thats what makes everyone unique and special in their own way  :D Don't let others deter your creativity or prevent your ideas ever... :)

#52 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:55

I've no idea what "quail the people" means but I assume it's not complimentary LOL

Flipping that around, why do you always want everything handing to you on a plate ?

Makes no sense downgrade fragments and got much less than one had before

#53 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:13

Makes no sense downgrade fragments and got much less than one had before

Initially, when composing went live,  it made PERFECT sense.

COMMONS are easier to get than RARE

RARE are easier to get than UNIQUE

UNIQUE are easier to get than LEGENDARY

LEGENDARY are easier to get than CRYSTALLINE

CRYSTALLINE are easier to get than SUPER ELITE

Or, that was the intention anyway.

But, since then, we've had global events that give out composing fragments - and folk have accumulated gazillions (metaphorically, if not literally) of fragments they will not use due to VERY limited use. It's been suggested several times that the container rewards from globals change their content structure from the way it is now to perhaps 90% common and 5% rare and 5% unique but that seems to have fallen upon stony ground.

So, we have more and more global events giving more and more of the higher fragments which, for the most part, can't be used at a fast enough rate.

Hence the requests popping up for trading fragments downwards again. For what it's worth (which is no more and no less than any other players opinion..) I was against trading fragments down when composing went live, but because it's "stagnant" now - with no new potions available after Level 20 and capped levels requiring little to no high level fragments, my opinion has changed.

So, in essence, now I think that fragment trading should be something to be considered - but at a blanket exchange rate of somewhere between 2:1 and 5:1. Also, you can only exchange LEGENDARY, SUPER ELITE and CRYSTALLINE for COMMON, RARE or UNIQUE.

Of course, a more ideal solution would be to add potions that actually used them as intended, at a rapid rate - but that takes time and careful consideration as to what said potions would be.

#54 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:20

Initially, when composing went live,  it made PERFECT sense.

COMMONS are easier to get than RARE

RARE are easier to get than UNIQUE

UNIQUE are easier to get than LEGENDARY

LEGENDARY are easier to get than CRYSTALLINE

CRYSTALLINE are easier to get than SUPER ELITE

Or, that was the intention anyway.

But, since then, we've had global events that give out composing fragments - and folk have accumulated gazillions (metaphorically, if not literally) of fragments they will not use due to VERY limited use. It's been suggested several times that the container rewards from globals change their content structure from the way it is now to perhaps 90% common and 5% rare and 5% unique but that seems to have fallen upon stony ground.

So, we have more and more global events giving more and more of the higher fragments which, for the most part, can't be used at a fast enough rate.

Hence the requests popping up for trading fragments downwards again. For what it's worth (which is no more and no less than any other players opinion..) I was against trading fragments down when composing went live, but because it's "stagnant" now - with no new potions available after Level 20 and capped levels requiring little to no high level fragments, my opinion has changed.

So, in essence, now I think that fragment trading should be something to be considered - but at a blanket exchange rate of somewhere between 2:1 and 5:1. Also, you can only exchange LEGENDARY, SUPER ELITE and CRYSTALLINE for COMMON, RARE or UNIQUE.

Of course, a more ideal solution would be to add potions that actually used them as intended, at a rapid rate - but that takes time and careful consideration as to what said potions would be.

I'm actually on the other side of the fence here. As you have just kindly pointed out, SE, Crystal, LE etc are all worth much more than the previous one in the list, respectively.

As such it doesn't make one iota of sense for downward conversion to be anything less than a 1 -1 conversion rate.

Upward conversion if ever allowed should come with super heavy conversion rates. Downward conversions though, it makes no sense at all.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#55 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:25

I'm actually on the other side of the fence here. As you have just kindly pointed out, SE, Crystal, LE etc are all worth much more than the previous one in the list, respectively.

As such it doesn't make one iota of sense for downward conversion to be anything less than a 1 -1 conversion rate.

Upward conversion if ever allowed should come with super heavy conversion rates. Downward conversions though, it makes no sense at all.

They "SHOULD" be worth more, but by giving them out in large numbers via global events and having nothing to spend them on, relatively speaking, they are now worth less - because of the very fact that there's nothing to spend them on ...

Commons are needed for everything, even the humblest potion, so, as such, they're the most "valuable" now ..

#56 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:41

They "SHOULD" be worth more, but by giving them out in large numbers via global events and having nothing to spend them on, relatively speaking, they are now worth less - because of the very fact that there's nothing to spend them on ...

Commons are needed for everything, even the humblest potion, so, as such, they're the most "valuable" now ..

I see your point now.

Disagree though.

#57 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:47

Seems we have an inverted economy :wacko:

#58 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 16:01

For people who are actually making potions to use, rather than making potions just for composing xp, those high-end frags are still worth more.

Still, I think any idea of creating a conversion rate for frags in any direction should be put on hold until the potions related to composing are actually revamped. As Grim mentioned was going to happen yesterday. Jumping the gun, in either direction right now would probably just end in disaster.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#59 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 16:12

For people who are actually making potions to use, rather than making potions just for composing xp, those high-end frags are still worth more.

Still, I think any idea of creating a conversion rate for frags in any direction should be put on hold until the potions related to composing are actually revamped. As Grim mentioned was going to happen yesterday. Jumping the gun, in either direction right now would probably just end in disaster.

i actually agree with pardoux but you are correct mr doom that we should wait and see what BG adds/changes on the roster, the upper echelons of frags may become greatly valuable :)

#60 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 16:37

Joke... again buggy event players got ruby reward without even reaching ruby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: