9 replies to this topic

#1 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 19:47

OMG I know I am on a traveling DQ. But it's really a waste of my time. Seeing as how the last 10 SEs in the kill log. Go back over an hour and a half and yet I've searched a few areas and can't find what I'm looking for. Maybe if I had known that they've been killed within the last few hours I may not have searched for them. Then most likely would have searched for SEs that I thought may have respawned :(

Edited by cucullainn, 17 January 2018 - 19:49.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2018 - 20:48

That's the whole point of SE hunting - that you may not find 'em LOL. In my time, I've scoured countless THOUSANDS of empty maps ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:31

yes this one also troubles me and i agree something needs to be done about this before it gets worse. another Thumbs up.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:27

Hunting Super Elites is not supposed to be easy.

~ Grim

#5 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:54

Never said it should be. As a matter of fact. I voted NO when some players wanted the Easy Button. To see one pop up when they were just walking around the map.

Well I thought it may be nice just to have a longer list.

Edited by cucullainn, 18 January 2018 - 16:59.

#6 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 16:59

Hunting Super Elites is not supposed to be easy.

~ Grim

I could not agree more. I do feel as though there are a couple of valid reasons for why. It should not be easier, but perhaps show more kills in the log.

A: There are more Super Elites now then a few years ago.

B: Many of their drops are needed for recipes now.

There was a high level player posting in global chat yesterday. That his (DQ) Daily Quest. Was to Kill 15 SEs. I don't know if he thought he couldn't do it. Because maybe he's never hunted any. Or he thought it was too much traveling. Because he's close to EOC and perhaps didn't see the post BG made. In another thread. About Pluggin' in the Master Realms.

I don't know if making the list 5 more postings longer would be better or not. I don't think it would hurt.

So, just a thought to pass along to Hoof. If you would, kind sir. ;)

Edited by cucullainn, 18 January 2018 - 17:01.

#7 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:23

Well I thought it may be nice just to have a longer list.

+1

Nothing wrong with that, wanting to keep a better track of things does not mean less effort is involved to hunt down a SE.

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 22:21

Here was the FSH version idea.

This is really for peeps coming to this thread who haven't seen it to put their two cents in there.

Please remember that FSH is HCS approved but NOT HCS supported. 

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:31

Hunting Super Elites is not supposed to be easy.~ Grim

https://forums.hunte...848&hl=kill log

If you look at post 17. You yourself said:

We have no problem with this. We'll try to get it into the next code update.

I can only wish

#10 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:09

While I admit longer SE log would not hurt anyone I have to say that there is actually nothing wrong with it as it is now.

Sweeping countless empty realms even when that particular SE was not killed for several hours is just part of the job... and longer log might not actually help as much as You would think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: