43 replies to this topic

#1 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 15:36

So as I'm here, Zork's nostrils flaring with his 8 million life, realizing I didn't come to make friends, I start to ponder..."what would make world bosses more enjoyable?"  I came to the conclusion that 1.) 8 million is a heck of a lot of life and 2.) I have Attention Deficit Disorder that's really getting the better of me.

I then start comparing WBs to Rumble's Grotto.  The first boss in RG does not have a lot of life, but it forces your team to work like a well oiled machine.  If the group isn't well-organized, the whole team can wipe from those bear traps of purple lights.  It made me realize that not much skill is needed to defeat the world bosses--just a lot of patience.  As I said, 8 million is a heck of a lot of life, especially with a 2 million heal here and there. Therefore longer life does not mean more challenging or more fun.

Another thing...these are WBs.  Why can only the highest levels be able to enter?  This is "world" boss after all.  So much to ponder...so much time to ponder with the 8 million life, lol.

So what could make WB's more fun?  More adds, less life?  More challenge less life?  I don't know, but I'm curious to know why WB has lost some of it's appeal to people.  People are able to go afk during the whole fight or lay down and sleep. Amun ain't got time for that!  He's got bronchitis. :)

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 05 June 2014 - 15:39.

8TLwd.jpg

#2 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 15:47

So what could make WB's more fun?  More adds, less life?  More challenge less life?  I don't know, but I'm curious to know why WB has lost some of it's appeal to people.  People are able to go afk during the whole fight or lay down and sleep. Amun ain't got time for that!  He's got bronchitis. :)

Less lag.  WBs is a giant freezescreen for me.  I can't do anything except auto attack, and hope I'm not dead with resurrect expiring cuz I can't see it to accept it.  I mean, I guess I can try spamming skills while not seeing anything right?  But ehhhh....  It's a major turnoff.  And without even knowing if I'm still alive.  Much less healing the tank, since I'm a healer now.  

Edited by Alteration, 05 June 2014 - 15:54.

#3 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 15:52

This is not the first thread. I think the others died with no input from staff........ if staff communicate = will be easier on all this time round.

#4 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 15:55

If you d/c on WB you should still be able to log in WB area.. cuz so many ppl d/c cause WBs laggs @.@

#5 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 16:00

100% agree with shi. disconnections happen. you should be allowed back in or a better system put in place for world bosses. Nothing more annoying then honestly being booted from server and you can't get in for a bit and then come back to be outside the battle >.>

#6 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 June 2014 - 16:13

Just did D/c in middle Shade Green dragon was still dead in middle of Dragon must been luck.

Just as wel main issue is lack of any reward make's worth time invest in killing boss, Aside from weekly reward

Now add small, daily reward kill and of 5 boss might be more will kill them for added bonus of daily.

Lag - simple most DPS sleeping during fight.

Lvl 40 world boss, Many expted see defiend Gem's in loot table sadly with lvl 45 update that was not case.

Glimmering gem - Heroic's with no gem slot - few rare item that usefull to any one but npc them for some gold, Only item from world are gem's worth killing them.

Only other issue is 10 loot group of 20 people randoum genrator who get's loot some one end up with 3 item's most people help kill boss get's nothing, Speacily Completed there weekly quest.

Over all not worth time take kill them end up with just repair bill's.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 05 June 2014 - 16:16.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#7 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 16:18

have you started it yet? and no one said anything about starting?

#8 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 16:22

yeah, we are on last boss now.  we hope to repeat in about six hours.

8TLwd.jpg

#9 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 16:25

mmmm  well i thought someone would of said on the other thread what time it was starting and stuff. i did mention i wanted to be part of this one. :(

#10 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 17:10

You covered a big part if it, Chelsea.  It's not lots of HP, or a big attack that makes a boss interesting.  It's having to think, to plan, to work as a team.

I think Mongo said it first.  The WBs are not really designed for 25-30 people to pound on mindlessly.  Ideally they should be done in groups of 10 maximum.  Only then would I feel qualified to comment on the mechanics.  This would also help alleviate the lag problem.

Sorry I couldn't make this mornings run.  I'll try for tonight.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 17:14

In all honesty we just did them with that low of a number of people,only boss that was a true problem was kongar and he is broken right now to no end. They aren't designed for difficulty at all yet,mostly just for sucking up time. 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#12 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 17:22

We did try to do a coordination thing with Zor and his flame areas, but we didn't get the balance right. I think initially it was too quick to do lots of damage, and then it got nerfed so people can just tank/out heal the damage and don't need to move now.

For the pvp world boss, it's not going to be very punishing itself, or as long as the current world bosses. More a case of you need to watch out for yourself against his area attacks/adds while probably dealing with some players trying to fight you.

I agree we should have more open world boss events, probably using the pvp boss system if we can tune it to work nicely.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#13 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 17:24

We did try to do a coordination thing with Zor and his flame areas, but we didn't get the balance right. I think initially it was too quick to do lots of damage, and then it got nerfed so people can just tank/out heal the damage and don't need to move now.

For the pvp world boss, it's not going to be very punishing itself, or as long as the current world bosses. More a case of you need to watch out for yourself against his area attacks/adds while probably dealing with some players trying to fight you.

I agree we should have more open world boss events, probably using the pvp boss system if we can tune it to work nicely.

Also, that challenge for dodging all the flames is still bugged and not obtainable so less incentive to even attempt it.  I think the difficulty being aimed for by most is just strategy and timing based though,not the difficulty of spending a lot of time on a boss and just attacking while healers and a templar have to time things. 

Maybe for defiler he should become temporarily invincible or something when the jelly bombs come up and players have to lure the bombs back at him to blow him up to kill him the rest of the way or give him a shield that makes him invincible and lure bombs to him to destroy the shield (require like 10-40 bombs)or even possible creating different hidden effects for move to present changes in boss moves. Ex: blizzard temporarily making a non flame zone over the AOe range of the blizzard.

Endless potential with what could be done with this sort of stuff,but it is very clear that world bosses themselves due to the length and requirement for majority to sit and do nothing it detours them from coming back or even doing them for anything more then just a weekly. People can argue...well make it a 10 cap boss...Yeah sure but then it isn't exactly a "world" boss is it then just a raid boss with less beneficial rewards. So I vote to make them a actual world boss that any and all lvls can partake in for possible rewards and bump their life up a lot more and also put more fun mechanics into it so it keeps everyone on their toes. I know its a lot to ask for especially with the current plan of releases coming up. But WB's and such are also a nice feature for big MMO's. Make the rewards based off lvls of all participants. so lvl 45 wins 45+ stuff or 30 wins 30+ etc.

And by no means do I want to come off as cocky or a jerk in this post,I just want to get world bosses pumped up and where they belong in the game. Could be a very very good feature to keep people coming back for more. I have killed soo many world bosses myself,and I can tell you there is just soo many things that can be done with this portion of the game that can cater to ALL.

Edited by HuMoR, 05 June 2014 - 18:07.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#14 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 17:38

I understand how difficult it most be trying to please everyone.  It's too hard, people want it nerfed.  Too easy, make it more challenging, etc.  I sure don't want to be in the devs position.  Except maybe having one of those cool hover disc things and a star in front of my name.  :)

The d/c thing is very unfortunate.  Our run got messed up bad earlier when our main healer was d/c'd and couldn't get back in.  I would like to see involuntary d/c be able to be brought back in to their exact spot when they relog.

If lower levels could be brought in that would bring added interest.  Somehow their skills need to be adjusted, I'm guessing.

What about tossing in a flake here and there? It would need to be fixed that you cannot be kicked from a group after the boss and before the roll to prevent flake hoarders from robbing you from the drops.

I don't know if it would be possible, but maybe make it that the boss attacks you with a little bomb if you are just standing there because you went afk or decided to lay down and sleep.

I just want to see the excitement back whether it be from letting lower levels join in or revamped for fun drops like world boss vanities.  I love running WB each week, but would love people to become more active.  :wub:

8TLwd.jpg

#15 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 17:53

next time you try and get a WB going can you state in the post about 10 mins before you start please then if no one comes tell me your starting then at least i might see it on the forum. :(   thanks

#16 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 17:55

People can argue...well make it a 10 cap boss...Yeah sure but then it isn't exactly a "world" boss it is then just a raid boss with less beneficial rewards. So I vote to make them a actual world boss that any and all lvls can partake in for possible rewards and bump their life up a lot more and also put more fun mechanics into it so it keeps everyone on their toes. I know its a lot to ask for especially with the current plan of releases coming up. But WB's and such are also a nice feature for big MMO's. Make the rewards based off lvls of all participants. so lvl 45 wins 45+ stuff or 30 wins 30+ etc.

Agreed.  I was thinking, "if it was a 10 man boss, then it's not a world boss is it" since i heard of the suggestion to lower the number of people who can do it.  And if it was lowered to a 10 man group, and the difficulty increased, I'm afraid it will only be run by the "elite of elites" instead of being a nice fight that is available for all.  But before all this, please fix the lag and the no returning after a d/c even if you stayed majority of the fight.

I don't know if it would be possible, but maybe make it that the boss attacks you with a little bomb if you are just standing there because you went afk or decided to lay down and sleep.

Again, please fix the lag and d/c issues before doing anything :/

And the rewards could use some work, 10 glims and unusable gear for a 40 man group, it's obvious why people don't want to do for more than just the weekly rewards, especially when things could go horribly wrong and you could die multiple times in 1 fight, lag like all hell, or randomly disconnect and miss everything.  Put in a world boss equipment set that is comparable, but different in offered stats than RG/BT set.  Make this automatically appear in inventory 10% of the time.  Of course what you get is random and bound, but be based on the majority of your talent points so you actually get what you could use.  If you're a hybrid 27 templar/14 mage (just for example), you will have 2/3 chance of getting a random templar gear and 1/3 chance of getting a random mage gear; 10% of the time.  WB exclusive vanities like dragonheads from shade, or a defiler pet from defiler.  Of course, make this super rare.  Maybe 1 drop per 50 kills for a lucky person.  Or make it an achievement reward to show that you're a pro-WB hunter.

Edited by Alteration, 05 June 2014 - 18:01.

#17 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 18:06

next time you try and get a WB going can you state in the post about 10 mins before you start please then if no one comes tell me your starting then at least i might see it on the forum. :(   thanks

I will try my best,tbh i logged and checked to see if you were on eu and it didnt show you on so i continued with posted time. I will post next run tonight on forums I promise.

Agreed.  I was thinking, "if it was a 10 man boss, then it's not a world boss is it" since i heard of the suggestion to lower the number of people who can do it.  And if it was lowered to a 10 man group, and the difficulty increased, I'm afraid it will only be run by the "elite of elites" instead of being a nice fight that is available for all.  But before all this, please fix the lag and the no returning after a d/c even if you stayed majority of the fight.

Again, please fix the lag and d/c issues before doing anything :/

And the rewards could use some work, 10 glims and unusable gear for a 40 man group, it's obvious why people don't want to do for more than just the weekly rewards, especially when things could go horribly wrong and you could die multiple times in 1 fight, lag like all hell, or randomly disconnect and miss everything.  Put in a world boss equipment set that is comparable, but different in offered stats than RG/BT set.  Make this automatically appear in inventory 10% of the time.  Of course what you get is random and bound, but be based on the majority of your talent points so you actually get what you could use.  If you're a hybrid 27 templar/14 mage (just for example), you will have 2/3 chance of getting a random templar gear and 1/3 chance of getting a random mage gear; 10% of the time.  WB exclusive vanities like dragonheads from shade, or a defiler pet from defiler.  Of course, make this super rare.  Maybe 1 drop per 50 kills for a lucky person.  Or make it an achievement reward to show that you're a pro-WB hunter.

I have suggested that same idea before no support of it. People even argued that it wouldn't be fair to have a wb set with even close rates as dungeons sets. But here is the thing..there need to be more variety. Don't get me wrong there is a nice difference between the current sets,but there needs to be more sets to choose from for each tier of 5 lvls. ex: 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50. 

a world boss should be a world boss and that really is it,I do agree though that the less people involved the more benefits there should be as it is a longer and harder task to accomplish. so instead of 50 people beating it 10 do and obviously those 10 should be rewarded a bit better maybe even higher odds of rewards.

I do feel though that Wb's just won't be getting any real attention for a very long time, as most people are focusing on future content,future hardware progs,and pvp changes so Wb's aren't getting the love they need. Mostly everyone here does a wb run,not everyone does or tries a pvp round so why wb doesnt get much support is beyond me as to why people don't want something revamped that could be more of a fun strategy kind of fight that wont be so long and drawn out. Tons of players complaining about how wb's are currently and very very few actually supporting ideas for changes or making their own suggestions. 

Edited by HuMoR, 05 June 2014 - 18:16.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#18 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 18:17

I will try my best,tbh i logged and checked to see if you were on eu and it didnt show you on so i continued with posted time. I will post next run tonight on forums I promise.

I have suggested that same idea before no support of it. People even argued that it wouldn't be fair to have a wb set with even close rates as dungeons sets. But here is the thing..there need to be more variety. Don't get me wrong there is a nice difference between the current sets,but there needs to be more sets to choose from for each tier of 5 lvls. ex: 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50. 

Yeah definitely.  Like ranger set that gives more focus over ranged stat, or heavy with more vit than melee for templars.  Giving armor with more vitality than damage would make dps actually have to choose if they want more survivability or more damage.  It really bugged me when I completed sets as ranger, and saw I had 8.5k hp.  I felt more like a tank than a dps, and started playing less skillfully (why bother dodging pillars, when I have enough hp to tank them anyway).  Then the set bonuses from jewelry/fabled/armor set completions could be changed into more interesting ones, like a 10% more threat generation for tank, or a +2 second duration to dragonbreath, or having a 5% chance to deal double damage when using detonate instead of just flat stats.  Small aura set bonuses would be cool too, like a 3% damage boost aura.

I'm kinda sick of everyone wearing the same thing, having the same stat, having the same talents.  There's a "best build" for nearly all the classes because the itemization is so flat.  So I think that having normal dungeons give 1 type of set, WB give another, and arena/ToC give a 3rd (for solo/duo/trio players) would add a lot of spice and variety to creating character builds.  And of course a variety of looks, that aren't based on just vanities.  Heavy armor based on shade, with dragon wings vanity and dragon head vanity would be cool :P

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2014 - 18:31

Yeah definitely.  Like ranger set that gives more focus over ranged stat, or heavy with more vit than melee for templars.  Giving armor with more vitality than damage would make dps actually have to choose if they want more survivability or more damage.  It really bugged me when I completed sets as ranger, and saw I had 8.5k hp.  I felt more like a tank than a dps, and started playing less skillfully (why bother dodging pillars, when I have enough hp to tank them anyway).  Then the set bonuses from jewelry/fabled/armor set completions could be changed into more interesting ones, like a 10% more threat generation for tank, or a +2 second duration to dragonbreath, or having a 5% chance to deal double damage when using detonate instead of just flat stats.  Small aura set bonuses would be cool too, like a 3% damage boost aura.

I'm kinda sick of everyone wearing the same thing, having the same stat, having the same talents.  There's a "best build" for nearly all the classes because the itemization is so flat.  So I think that having normal dungeons give 1 type of set, WB give another, and arena/ToC give a 3rd (for solo/duo/trio players) would add a lot of spice and variety to creating character builds.  And of course a variety of looks, that aren't based on just vanities.  Heavy armor based on shade, with dragon wings vanity and dragon head vanity would be cool :P

Very much agreed,and i also suggested wb vanity sets and wb crafted weapon vanity item/scrolls.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 18:58

regardless , it is the only time when you can see all the level 45 players logging on.

The majority of them, i think main focus for now should be to make them log on everyday and just not for the world bosses and log off again until the next reset..

priorities you know. :)

Another suggestion would be to deal with the lag first.... i mean that is the hardest part of a WB fight.

Oh and i loved that idea of logging back into the world boss area when kicked of server due to lag.

again just my opinion.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt